COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News J.Y. Park is planning a male version of NiziU and also an American girl group in the near future (1 Viewer)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins

It was recently reported that J.Y. Park is currently planning to do a male version of the 'Nizi Project' consisting of Japanese boys to form an idol group.

Earlier this year, the 'Nizi Project' ended in a success, and the girl group NiziU gained much popularity from Japan as they made their debut in June.

There have been rumors of J.Y. Park planning an American girl group previously. Recently, J.Y. Park confirmed with the Japanese magazine 'Model Press' that he is in fact planning a male version of the 'Nizi Project' and also an American idol group.

He confirmed he is planning the two projects but is contemplating on which to start first. J.Y. Park stated he will see when the COVID19 pandemic subsides.
Souce: allkpop

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
the joke "they are always using women as the experiment" keeps turning out to be true lmao

Reactions Received
KS Coins
@potato @QueenGirlCrush do you guys think this'll be the softer concept boy group that we were talking about??? I don't know what concepts usually do well in Japan for boy groups...
I have no idea about the Japanese industry so I don’t know their BG usually do but hopefully this becomes JYP’s BG that becomes a mega hit.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
1) I really admire JYP for taking the lead in making international acts. Better then what he did with WG or betting on having other TWICEs/BTS/BPs

2) Idk about an American “idol group.” Firstly the teen idol is pretty much dead in the US & the kpop idol formula of putting parasocial relationships & media personality over music won’t work. The group has to be about MUSIC first, has to have vocal ability, stage presence & not seem so manufactured.

3) Much better plan then SM with SuperM or BH & YG relaying on BTS & BP

4) It would be nice & ironic if the girl group scene in the US is revived by a Korean lol. I hope if this comes true we see Asian Americans finally getting a chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread