Reality Join me on a super belated marathon of Produce48 before IZ*ONE's comeback (2 Viewers)

Who is your IZ*ONE bias?


  • Total voters
    8

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship


I usually avoid survival shows, atleast while they're on-air. The major reason is I don't wanna get attached to any trainee/idol and then get super upset when they don't make it to the final lineup. I suffered enough with Produce 101 although the IOI lineup was still pretty close to my ideal lineup and I came to stan them super hard.

I watched Sixteen more than a year after Twice debuted, I skipped PD101 S2 coz boy groups :welp:

And I also skipped PD48 for the same reason. However, La Vie En Rose got me, and I actually stan the girls, like hard stan and am ordering their upcoming album. For me, this will be only my 2nd physical album purchase EVER after Everglow so it means a lot :sanapray:

So, I am undertaking this mission to watch and finish all episodes of PD48 before their MV drops in 4 days. This thread will be just me rambling and writing my thoughts/review of each episode. Anyone interested is welcome to follow and discuss :pandalove:

Tagging a few users:

@lalaloveloona
@Tir
@Ireneisbaee
@perhapz
@AnotherKpopTrash

@JungYoda @RandAlThor since I know you both have watched it so why not lol.

I will also see if anyone new catches my eye or if my bias changes while I finish the whole show. My current biases are Choi Yena, Ahn Yujin and Yabuki Nako :maheart:

Also vote for your biases if you want to lol. Can vote up to 3 :pepeheart:

EDIT:
- Lee Seung Gi!!! Pretty great seeing him be the National Producer Representative for the show lol. Been a while since I saw anything with him in it.
- LMAO what are the odds? Right after I start stanning Everglow and wanna catch up on PD48, the first 3 trainees to walk in are the Yuehua girls Choi Yena, Kim Sihyeon and Wang Yiren :pandalove:
- Yena basically does running commentary for every new trainee coming in for the first half an hour and it's glorious to watch, what a naturally funny girl. Easy to see she'll get lots of camera time.
- The Starship trio has the best entrance among Korean girls lmao. Ahn Yujin and Wonyoung are such firecrackers and the way they take turns to sit on the Number 1 throne for a second each :yolk:
- JURINA FREAKIN' MATSUI. WHAT AN ENTRANCE. Whole room shook when she arrived and seeing everyone so starstruck was amazing lol. She just oozes so much charisma by just existing. Legend :pandalove:
- MNET messing around with YG lmao by changing the label to ex-YG trainees. I think one of the girls was from that Future 2NE1 video?
- My girl Choi Yena getting that rank A immediately, what a queen!
- LMAO the Kang Hyewon and Kim Minjoo performances. Not good :yolk::yolk: However the abrupt way they hand Hyewon her F grade (Purity is all you got lmao what a line) and her shocked face made me laugh out loud.
- Lol at MNET using their editing to kinda try and build a "rivalry" storyline between Eunbi and Chaeyeon. So they're pretty much showcasing Eunbi as a born leader right from the start, and that Chaeyeon freestyle dancing was :sj_weary:
- Lee Kaeun from After School :maheart: Funny how former AS member Kahi was on the panel too, they actually have a 14 year age gap whoa.
- LOL Cube trainee Han Chowon flopped hard, what even was she doing. I'm hearing she'll surprise me tho.
- Poor Japanese girls, not a good night for them. Especially the poor HKT48 girls got grilled hard by Bae Yoon Jung :maheart:
- Yamada Noe is a national treasure. The Jooe comparisons are so accurate lol. I wanna see more of her going forward.
- HAEYOON FROM FNC/CHERRY BULLET!!!!! She looked so pretty here and her voice is so beautiful.
- I might have found a Japanese bias- Takeuchi Miyu with that voice hot damn. Very deserved A.
- SMH I already know they're gonna drag the show as long as they can before showing Jurina and Sakura's performances. They edited it to seem like the pride of entire Japan was on their shoulders. It's so obvious their performances didn't happen super late coz Sakura was telling Jurina how nobody from Japan got an A, when they already showed Takeuchi Miyu getting one.
- Pretty interesting start, all things considered. Hyped for episode 2!!
Moving on to the next episode:
- All that build and closing moments of Episode 1 and you don't follow it with Jurina or Sakura what the absolute fuck!!! :pandamad:
- Forgot to mention in the earlier episode but that Celeb Five performance by the HOW trainees lmfaoo. They don't seem that skilled but they picked the perfect song and performance- no surprise one of them got an A!
- The trainee from Chungha's label was pretty good- her dance didn't blow me away but was solid, and so were her vocals! Lee Ha Eun.
- The judges and trainees getting tired and then them playing the Pick Me songs for people to dance and get energized bit seemed so fake/orchestrated lmao.
- Btw Go Yujin from Blockberry Creative has some insane visuals and is a good dancer but the parts of Lip and Hip they showed her do didn't really showcase her abilities well. In contrast, the very next trainee with those intense eyes that they zoom in on while playing BTS Fire did amazing though her gaze kinda scares me :yolk:
- So I can see the different storylines they're trying to build here. With Lee Kaeun, it's how a former idol wants a second shot, with Miyawaki Sakura, it's a story of her self doubt and underestimating herself that she has to overcome.
- JANG GYURI!! They didn't even pay attention to Jo Yuri until their performance was over and she was made to sing lol. It was interesting how Yuri got A and Gyuri got B lol.
- Jurina charisma is insane. The way she walks, talks, looks at the camera and the judges, everyone was starstruck.
- Sakura well, she did fine imo but I agree with some trainees saying that probably wasn't an A grade worthy performance. There were some better performances that got a B. I do agree she came off very charismatic though and that's probably what sold the panel on giving her an A, but again Jurina, in comparison looked like a much bigger star here.
- Having said that, Sakura redeemed herself big time in the video evaluation. When she insisted on singing in Korean to Soyou, or how she danced well and sang both versions while many Korean trainees struggled to sing in Japanese was admirable. Still, a little too many crying scenes of her I hope they reduce those a little.
- Ahn Yujin knows how to work a camera, she did pretty well too. Minjoo and Hyewon are still kinda struggling.
- Takeuchi Miyu got almost 0 screentime in this wtf. She's by far the most talented Japanese idol/trainee there atm for me.
- Shiroma Miru and Takahashi Juri come off super likeable and memorable too. It's funny how the Japanese girls are leaving more of an impression on me despite relatively weaker performances.
- FINALLY SOME HITOMI TIME! I was surprised to see her dance so well alongside Son Eunchae. They also showed parts of her performing Mister by Kara in the first round, so kawaii :pandalove: I hope they move her up for Nekkoya.
- AND FINALLY SOME YABUKI NAKO WHO HASN'T BEEN SHOWN FOR A SINGLE SECOND SO FAR! Wow, so she was in that doomed HKT team that got shredded by Bae Yoonjung lmao. Her video evaluation was great though, so proud of my baby moving from F to the final lineup :maheart:
- Curious to see who moves up or down now.
- And oh, Chiba Erii, poor girl looked so lost :pepecry1: She's just too young for this imo, I felt bad for her.
 
Last edited:
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,662
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,317
Fandom
WizSoneLuv


I usually avoid survival shows, atleast while they're on-air. The major reason is I don't wanna get attached to any trainee/idol and then get super upset when they don't make it to the final lineup. I suffered enough with Produce 101 although the IOI lineup was still pretty close to my ideal lineup and I came to stan them super hard.

I watched Sixteen more than a year after Twice debuted, I skipped PD101 S2 coz boy groups :welp:

And I also skipped PD48 for the same reason. However, La Vie En Rose got me, and I actually stan the girls, like hard stan and am ordering their upcoming album. For me, this will be only my 2nd physical album purchase EVER after Everglow so it means a lot :sanapray:

So, I am undertaking this mission to watch and finish all episodes of PD48 before their MV drops in 4 days. This thread will be just me rambling and writing my thoughts/review of each episode. Anyone interested is welcome to follow and discuss :pandalove:

Tagging a few users:

@lalaloveloona
@Tir
@Ireneisbaee
@perhapz
@AnotherKpopTrash

@JungYoda @RandAlThor since I know you both have watched it so why not lol.

I will also see if anyone new catches my eye or if my bias changes while I finish the whole show. My current biases are Choi Yena, Ahn Yujin and Yabuki Nako :maheart:

Also vote for your biases if you want to lol. Can vote up to 3 :pepeheart:​
lol i am so down for that.
I have rewatched pd 48 soo many times.
Both the subbed ep which you need to get here


Those are the best all but ep 12 are still available i think although quality got hit with some strikes.

Also the spread sheet i linked from IZ one this page



has many other options.

I watch the showroom versions weekly. kicking myself that i did not save more of the fan subbed ones Nakos church did.
they had all of 8, 9 10 and 11 but jpop /kpop together stuff did not last long.



 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
lol i am so down for that.
I have rewatched pd 48 soo many times.
Both the subbed ep which you need to get here


Those are the best all but ep 12 are still available i think although quality got hit with some strikes.

Also the spread sheet i linked from IZ one this page



has many other options.

I watch the showroom versions weekly. kicking myself that i did not save more of the fan subbed ones Nakos church did.
they had all of 8, 9 10 and 11 but jpop /kpop together stuff did not last long.



Oh are the Showroom versions any different? Currently I'm only upto episode 2 from kshow123. But that spreadsheet looks super detailed and comprehensive so that will be good to revisit and catch up on stuff that the show sometimes skimps out on maybe.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Welp idk if you should watch the show tbh. So many people (international fans, especially) HATED the final lineup. For me, all my biases made it so I was pleased. But I wish you well :sanapray::sanapray::sanapray:
Lol I hope I don't hate it too much coz I stan the members already, so maybe I'll already be biased toward them. But yeah I could get triggered for the other girls :yolk:

I was just on the Wiki page looking at the top 12 rankings after each episode and wow Pledis Lee Gaeun got done dirty, she was in the top 12 every episode except the finale wtf :maheart:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Lol I hope I don't hate it too much coz I stan the members already, so maybe I'll already be biased toward them. But yeah I could get triggered for the other girls :yolk:

I was just on the Wiki page looking at the top 12 rankings after each episode and wow Pledis Lee Gaeun got done dirty, she was in the top 12 every episode except the finale wtf :maheart:
They needed to make room for Yuri :maheart::maheart::maheart:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,662
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,317
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Oh are the Showroom versions any different? Currently I'm only upto episode 2 from kshow123. But that spreadsheet looks super detailed and comprehensive so that will be good to revisit and catch up on stuff that the show sometimes skimps out on maybe.
Watching the AKB members react to the show is almost more fun than the show.
As a first choice they are not subbed so they would be not super helpful, but i enjoy watching the ep with them.
Megu is a monster fan.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
They needed to make room for Yuri :maheart::maheart::maheart:
I do like Yuri too :pepecry1:
But poor Kaeun :maheart:
Pledis :chickill:

Watching the AKB members react to the show is almost more fun than the show.
As a first choice they are not subbed so they would be not super helpful, but i enjoy watching the ep with them.
Megu is a monster fan.
Lol okay that sounds fun too, I'll get to those once I'm done with the finale maybe :queen:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I do like Yuri too :pepecry1:
But poor Kaeun :maheart:
Pledis :chickill:



Lol okay that sounds fun too, I'll get to those once I'm done with the finale maybe :queen:
Pledis actually dropped the management of IZ*ONE shortly after. Maybe they were sad Kaeun didn't make it lol.
I mean I knew what kind of team Mnet were going for and Kaeun didn't fit the aesthetic ig.
Everyone knows Yuri's addition was rigged. But it's fine because Main Vocal queen :maheart::maheart:
We had a discord server for Produce48 and I actually predicted the addition of either Yuri, Haeyoon or Chowon because they needed a main vocal. My money was on Haeyoon though. I forgot Yuri was apart of Stone Music (the people who manage IZ*ONE).
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,662
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,317
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Welp idk if you should watch the show tbh. So many people (international fans, especially) HATED the final lineup. For me, all my biases made it so I was pleased. But I wish you well :sanapray::sanapray::sanapray:
I did not hate the final line up, but i knew when Minju and Chaewon got called that it was a clear sign that the j members would be limited.
I fans hated the younger kids with a passion that was holy Wonyoung and Yujin especially.
Mostly because of the bane of my kpop life girl crush.

I fans now have it to the point that i almost hate any new gg that debut with gc in any form.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I did not hate the final line up, but i knew when Minju and Chaewon got called that it was a clear sign that the j members would be limited.
I fans hated the younger kids with a passion that was holy Wonyoung and Yujin especially.
Mostly because of the bane of my kpop life girl crush.

I fans now have it to the point that i almost hate any new gg that debut with gc in any form.
Tbh with the exception of Miyu, literally all my biases were in the final lineup. I quite literally got my ideal girl group from the trainees on the show lol.
And yeah i-fans can get annoying with their girl crush obsession.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Pledis actually dropped the management of IZ*ONE shortly after. Maybe they were sad Kaeun didn't make it lol.
I mean I knew what kind of team Mnet were going for and Kaeun didn't fit the aesthetic ig.
Everyone knows Yuri's addition was rigged. But it's fine because Main Vocal queen :maheart::maheart:
We had a discord server for Produce48 and I actually predicted the addition of either Yuri, Haeyoon or Chowon because they needed a main vocal. My money was on Haeyoon though. I forgot Yuri was apart of Stone Music (the people who manage IZ*ONE).
Lol blessing in disguise if Pledis stepped away from management :yolk:

I keep reading Kaeun is supposed to debut in a new group, but it's fucking Pledis so :pepecry1:
I just have a thing for idols on the "older" side who didn't get a fair shot through no fault of theirs, like Youngji from Kara :maheart:

And I've really liked Haeyoon from what little I've seen of her so far. Is Chowon the Cube trainee? Tbh the little we saw of her first audition/performance wasn't all that, maybe she improves :welp:


Well, I'm around epi 7, so I might comment with you when you get there.
We could marathon the last epis on the weekend on rabbit to finish it too.
Lol I'll try catching up by then, but you can go ahead and finish if you want to, we can still discuss as I go along :maheart:

I did not hate the final line up, but i knew when Minju and Chaewon got called that it was a clear sign that the j members would be limited.
I fans hated the younger kids with a passion that was holy Wonyoung and Yujin especially.
Mostly because of the bane of my kpop life girl crush.

I fans now have it to the point that i almost hate any new gg that debut with gc in any form.
i-fans hate Yujin too? I knew of the Wonyoung hate coz many wanted Sakura to be the center but Yujin seems like the type of girl i-fans would love lol. However I'm only 2 eps in so let's see.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,662
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,317
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Tbh with the exception of Miyu, literally all my biases were in the final lineup. I quite literally got my ideal girl group from the trainees on the show lol.
And yeah i-fans can get annoying with their girl crush obsession.
Lol i was so happy Hitomi made it Hyewon did not kill my joy ( i was resigned to her making it) I would have preferred Minju in the Sohye role and Miru or one of the j line in that spot.

If they do not go cute ish after building the perfect cute team i am going to hit someone.
 

Baechu

레드벨벳
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,802
Reactions Received
44,544
Location
KWANGYA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
Lol blessing in disguise if Pledis stepped away from management :yolk:

I keep reading Kaeun is supposed to debut in a new group, but it's fucking Pledis so :pepecry1:
I just have a thing for idols on the "older" side who didn't get a fair shot through no fault of theirs, like Youngji from Kara :maheart:

And I've really liked Haeyoon from what little I've seen of her so far. Is Chowon the Cube trainee? Tbh the little we saw of her first audition/performance wasn't all that, maybe she improves :welp:




Lol I'll try catching up by then, but you can go ahead and finish if you want to, we can still discuss as I go along :maheart:



i-fans hate Yujin too? I knew of the Wonyoung hate coz many wanted Sakura to be the center but Yujin seems like the type of girl i-fans would love lol. However I'm only 2 eps in so let's see.
Chowon from Cube :pepesmug:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,662
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,317
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
i-fans hate Yujin too? I knew of the Wonyoung hate coz many wanted Sakura to be the center but Yujin seems like the type of girl i-fans would love lol. However I'm only 2 eps in so let's see.
They wanted and older group that would do sexy and girl crush with out them feeling bad about lusting after 13-14 year olds.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
They wanted and older group that would do sexy and girl crush with out them feeling bad about lusting after 13-14 year olds.
Lol i-fans always forget they're not the key demographic. I don't mind girl crush, but fans being obsessed with it and dismissing everything else is stupid. Also, I've seen you can get away with a lot more mediocrity if you're doing GC while if you pull the same in a cute/innocent concept, i-fans will be quick to dismiss it.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Lol blessing in disguise if Pledis stepped away from management :yolk:

I keep reading Kaeun is supposed to debut in a new group, but it's fucking Pledis so :pepecry1:
I just have a thing for idols on the "older" side who didn't get a fair shot through no fault of theirs, like Youngji from Kara :maheart:

And I've really liked Haeyoon from what little I've seen of her so far. Is Chowon the Cube trainee? Tbh the little we saw of her first audition/performance wasn't all that, maybe she improves :welp:
OOF I forgot Chowon was a flop in the beginning. From here on out, you'll choose one of two paths;
Path 1, I FUCKING HATE THAT CHOWON DIDN'T MAKE THE GROUP! IT'S RIGGED! I HATE MNET! I HATE THE SHOW! FUCK IZ*ONE
Path 2, Damn Chowon is actually pretty amazing. So much talent. But I don't think she'd fit into a group. She definitely screams soloist potential.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread