COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Knets demanding chen to leave exo (2 Viewers)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Blink

On the afternoon of the 14th, Twitter's popular trends were 'Exosure' and 'Kim Jong-dae's withdrawal'. As of 3:30 pm on this day, there are 170,000 tweets including 'Exosure' and '120,000 Kim Jong-dae's tweets'.

The party who wrote Kim Jong-dae left the position that Chen's wedding announcement had a negative effect on the overall image of EXO. One fan wrote, "How to digest the concept of hip, English, and deadly with supernatural powers with the image of a married couple."
Some wrote "I want to protect the exo without Kim Jong-dae", "Let's keep the name of the exo whether eight or nine," and others wrote, "We have never thought of nine people," "Exo without Kim Jong-dae."
Used google translate.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Some backlash was to be waited. I think it's rly rare for idol to get their blessings in terms of marriage. Even Sungmin who is older artist than Chen in much older group didn't receive them from fandom. I feel like Taeyang is rare case, I think it's combinations of his image to how he handled it to his fans- not even VIPs as full cause I think someone like GD or TOP getting married wouldn't been taken as well.

I hope that EXO as well as SM has Chen's back on this. Both decisions, keeping him or kicking him out, will result into loss of some fans it just can't be helped. But i'm sure that EXO is big enough as group to get pass the backlash even if they keep Chen in group.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
Backlash was expected but I am praying it doesn't end as Sungmin's case...

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Honestly I doubt the marriage is the real problem they have and would bet if that was his announcement alone this wouldn't be happening.

The baby is probably the real thing they don't like since Kais relationship was fine and minute in difference between that and marriage however the baby is a new factor.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
What's the general Knetz/K-Exols reaction to this? Is the portion of the fanbase wanting him gone a sizable amount?

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
What's the general Knetz/K-Exols reaction to this? Is the portion of the fanbase wanting him gone a sizable amount?
Korean reaction seems to be half/half for me only the negative side is shouting louder.... International reaction on the other hand is positive (including the chinese fans).

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Korean reaction seems to be half/half for me only the negative side is shouting louder.... International on the other positive (including the chinese fans).
b
Oof.
I had seen some netizen comments yesterday which were overall pretty positive and commending him for taking responsibility and sharing the news himself. I guess the fans who are against this have since gotten louder.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
taeyeon♡
Ship
Wreck
I really can't understand people, did they become fans in hopes that they'll marry him someday and have a baby with him? Isn't this happy news considering all the news we get from this industry and the people in it? If he lives his life the way he wants, acceptably and within legal boundaries, as a fan it's your job to support them from a reasonable distance if they're a good person.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I will never understand fans like those no matter how many times I see them. It's pathetic that we have to take these reactions so matter of fact and expected. They need to grow up and get a dose of reality

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I SWEAR KNET HE ONE OF THE MAIN VOCALIST TAKE HIM OUT IDK KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO EXO

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It really would have been a good idea if Changmin and Chem bundled their dating news together.
Then Chen could have waited a few weeks to announce married and then the baby

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Blink
A bunch of knetz comments

1. If he thinks for EXO, he should leave.

2. He must leave to protect EXO

3. If he wants to protect EXO, he must leave.

4. If I were a fan, I didn’t want to spend money on him..

5. It’s so funny how people think that to protect EXO means to keep Chenㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ We can only protect EXO if he leaves

6. Please leave EXO and solo, please …

7. I’m also a fan… I’ll congratulate him, but I don’t think he should stay in the group…

8. He’s not EXO anymore.. since he wants to have his own family, can he just quit already?

9. He must leave to protect EXO. Just leave the group and live as he wants;

10. If you support this, other members can follow the same process..

11. So when can an idol get married?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
I will never understand fans like those no matter how many times I see them. It's pathetic that we have to take these reactions so matter of fact and expected. They need to grow up and get a dose of reality
I agree.. I mean look at S.E.S. While they disbanded in the early 00s' they did reunite in 2017: Shoo is married with three kids; Eugene married with two kids.. Plus Eric Mun (from Shinhwa) got married like three years ago,which has not hindered him from engaging in Shinhwa activities. Its preposterous that Chen--or any other idol who is not late teens early 20s--should be expected to leave a group, because they are dating or getting married.. Especially in a country like Korea that places high value on marriage and children. Plus Chen is a vocal powerhouse and line distributions are always in his favor, so...

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
These so called “fans” need to get over it. They need to realize that their oppa isn’t going marry them. I hope he doesn’t leave the group because of this

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I will never get fans like that ...

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I’ll never understand this no matter how many times I see it. I hope this doesn’t turn into Chen leaving Exo, he should be able to get married and start a family in peace.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yikes, but not surprising...
Realistically, not everyone was going to be happy "jumping for joy" with such sudden news and truthfully, they don't have to be. They are entitled to their own feelings just like those who are happy for Chen, but let's be REAL: Its small minded to think that him expecting a child ON TOP of already getting married doesn't effect his standings and image as an idol within EXO now. He won't be looked at the same and possibly EXO as well (which is a risk). Understand that Chen's not your average adult ready to settle down and start a family, he's an IDOL; and if you don't already knows what that entails then where have you been? Personal sacrifices need to be made in order to keep the general amount of fans happy (not the small amount who could care less).
Another big factor is the timing. No one's saying he can't ever one day get married and settle down it's WHEN, which is way off with where he and EXO are at career wise + hasn't served yet (2yrs sacrified from EXO + his new family).

Again, as a grown adult he can do whatever he wants, but as an IDOL (not just your average person) those actions/decisions come at a higher price; therefore, many fans being disappointed is not necessarily a negative.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread