Let's talk about how BLACKPINK snatched a collab with Lady Gaga & Ariana while BTS ended up with the measly Sia (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Honestly I am so done with BTS collabing overall... WHY DOES EVERY SINGLE ALBUM OF THEIRS NEED A WESTERN COLLAB? WHY!!???
I do not get it... I just don't...

I don't even stan them and I don't get it... what does the collab add to the album?
 
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
Honestly I am so done with BTS collabing overall... WHY DOES EVERY SINGLE ALBUM OF THEIRS NEED A WESTERN COLLAB? WHY!!???
I do not get it... I just don't...

I don't even stan them and I don't get it... what does the collab add to the album?
Are you pretending to be dumb?

Theyre tryna break the us market.. they want high debut in america and more recognition there.

Collab with halsey? Success collab with steve aoki? Success. Its so they have something in their song that isnt foreign to their market. Sure it doesn't matter to us kpop fans but we arent their audience.

Also kiss and make up by bp and dua did very well on spotify
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I just excited to get a new album from Lady Gaga :haylul: could care less who will be on it
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Are you pretending to be dumb?

Theyre tryna break the us market.. they want high debut in america and more recognition there.

Collab with halsey? Success collab with steve aoki? Success. Its so they have something in their song that isnt foreign to their market. Sure it doesn't matter to us kpop fans but we arent their audience.

Also kiss and make up by bp and dua did very well on spotify
Oh I agree that Kiss and make up was a good song and a good idea....

But with BTS the collabs are there JUST for it to be a collab not to add anything to the album or the song.
I would be fine with the collab if it ADDED smth beyond a collab being on the album. Most ppl will just listen to the version of the song without the person they are collabing with. The collaboration is irrelevant beyond it being there. It doesn't add to the song and it doesn't add to the album.

Kiss and Make up was a good collab, bcs both sides of it... added to the song. Both Dua Lipa and Blackpink being on the song made the song... what it is and without one of the sides the song would not be as good.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Even if they recorded something, y'all know it ain't seeing the light of day :lisalaugh:
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
The closest Bts would ever come to Ariana was their selfie Grammy backstage. Sad.



Bp and Ariana are featured in Gaga next album Chromtica, says a rumor.
What makes it a fact is that the producer of Chromatica followed BP in ig.

Tsk tsk.
There is no need to bash BTS like that. I get that you may favor BP, but you don't have to be like that.

EDIT: Besides, Lady Gaga isn't even what she used to be. Her performances nowadays have been pretty bad, if you ask me. And Ariana has already said she wanted to collaborate with BTS. For all we know, they could be working together on the side. BTS is currently staying in the US due to the Virus, so it is a possibility.
Honestly I am so done with BTS collabing overall... WHY DOES EVERY SINGLE ALBUM OF THEIRS NEED A WESTERN COLLAB? WHY!!???
I do not get it... I just don't...

I don't even stan them and I don't get it... what does the collab add to the album?
It must be something their company wanted them to do for marketing reasons. Collaborating with popular artists is a big thing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
It must be something their company wanted them to do for marketing reasons. Collaborating with popular artists is a big thing.
Which is why it annoys me so much. They are so OBVIOUSLY only doing it so they could have the name on the song and aren't even bothering to make it a proper meaningful collab!
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and MinSquishy
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Which is why it annoys me so much. They are so OBVIOUSLY only doing it so they could have the name on the song and aren't even bothering to make it a proper meaningful collab!
I doubt it really was BTS' idea. So you don't have to point it at them. Sometimes collabs are forced by the company for money and marketing reasons. I'm not being Biased towards the members themselves, it still is a possibility that they did choose to do that, but it most likely was the company and the members had no choice but to abide by it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I doubt it really was BTS' idea. So you don't have to point it at them. Sometimes collabs are forced by the company for money and marketing reasons. I'm not being Biased towards the members themselves, it still is a possibility that they did choose to do that, but it most likely was the company and the members had no choice but to abide by it.
Ofc it is most likely Bighit deciding these things. Doesn't mean it annoys me any less though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MinSquishy and yeji
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Ofc it is most likely Bighit deciding these things. Doesn't mean it annoys me any less though.
TBH I saw no point in including that in the album. She didn't do much in the song anyways.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
It was the same with Halsey tbh.... And Nicki Minaj.
Nicki, I can understand. I personally didn't like her contribution but she had her own verse. Halsey, she only sang along.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and maruberry
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
142
Reactions Received
587
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
There is no need to bash BTS like that. I get that you may favor BP, but you don't have to be like that.

EDIT: Besides, Lady Gaga isn't even what she used to be. Her performances nowadays have been pretty bad, if you ask me. And Ariana has already said she wanted to collaborate with BTS. For all we know, they could be working together on the side. BTS is currently staying in the US due to the Virus, so it is a possibility.

It must be something their company wanted them to do for marketing reasons. Collaborating with popular artists is a big thing.
Hun, bts flew back to Korea last week. How, do u think they performed on inkigayo two dats ago?
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and MinSquishy

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Nicki, I can understand. I personally didn't like her contribution but she had her own verse. Halsey, she only sang along.
And like... doing things like this is just LAZY from Bighit. I UNDERSTAND wanting big names to collab with, it makes SENSE. BUt they could put some effort into them. Make it so the version WITH the collaborating artist is better than the one without OR even better.... that the we only have a studio version of the song including the other artist.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and MinSquishy
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Hun, bts flew back to Korea last week. How, do u think they performed on inkigayo two dats ago?
I believe they are coming back. The virus would cause the company to get them to go the safest country. AKA America. I've been restricted to going home because of it, so it's most likely that they are coming back. They have canceled all of their Asian tour dates.

Besides, This is completely against the point. You don't need to be bashing them like that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread