News LISA brings utmost elegance to the #legend August 2021 cover (1 Viewer)

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,828
Reactions Received
28,463
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers

Hong Kong, August 2021 - Press Release

From a 14-year-old trainee from a small Thai province to a 24-year-old member of the phenomenally popular South Korean girl group Blackpink, Lisa proves her growing dominance in the global music and fashion arena, and now brings out her a sense of elegance as a Bulgari’s first-ever global Asian ambassador. Recalling her past accomplishments and hardships as shared in the Netflix documentary Blackpink: Light Up the Sky, #legend discovers more about her life journey on this issue before her upcoming highly anticipated solo debut.

On the start of her musical career: “My auntie had a music group, so they had mic stands and I always played with them. I would lower it until it was the same height as me. Then I would just dance and sing to myself. That was how my mom knew I loved dancing. So she signed me up for a course when I was in kindergarten. That was how it all began.”

On her hardship during her success journey: “I didn’t think I would make it. I was on the verge of letting go,” she says. “I had to keep fighting. I had to give it my all. [I thought,] ‘I don’t care how long the training will take. Bring it on! I don’t care about that anymore!’”

On her performance at Coachella, the legendary music and arts festival: “I was so nervous. The moment I set foot on the stage and saw the whole crowd shouting and cheering, I got the feeling, ‘This is it!’” she recalls. “All races and all kinds of people came together there. So it helped emphasise and just represent Blackpink. It makes me feel that I had chosen the right path. This was what I really wanted to do with my life.”


On her visit back to Thailand after her debut: “I still remember the first time I went back to Thailand after my debut. Because Thai teens see me as a Thai who has made it this far they would say, ‘I want to be like Lisa’. But at that moment, I wasn’t sure if I was good enough to be their role model. I’m a singer, but I didn’t know what kind of singer I wanted to be. I kind of lost the goal. I was trying to find myself. Could I really become their role model? What should I do to not let them down? These kinds of thoughts kept running through my mind.”


Source - LISA brings utmost elegance to the #legend August 2021 cover - Kpopnews
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Lisa is just next level
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread