Announcement Migration is done (3 Viewers)

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
Hi all,

Sorry that it took a long time, initial estimate from my part was an hour, but it took around three hours in the end. The migration was necessary because users reported cards list getting slower to load (new server has better & more powerful CPU) and we have been holding moving back to the United States for some time (most of our user base are in the United States).

Please report any bugs that you may encounter, like images not loading or page not found error, as we switched our web server software and there are plenty of permission issues.

Tiff.
 

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
So i noticed that when I try to view my message and thread history, most of the old messages are gone. I think they still exist but like, it’s not in my history, yk?
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
So i noticed that when I try to view my message and thread history, most of the old messages are gone. I think they still exist but like, it’s not in my history, yk?
I am rebuilding it as we speak, will take some time, as we have around 1.8m posts, had to delete the old one to cut down on transfer size.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myth and RandAlThor
Joined
6 October 2021
Messages
15,961
Reactions Received
15,086
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
69,032
Fandom
Stay
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Thank you, it wasn't long at all don't worry.
Btw wouldn't it be maybe easier to put cards into categories so it isn't that hard to load? Kpop, International and Anime/Game? Or maybe u guys tried this before. It's kust a suggestion :pepeheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sourcekeeper

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
Thank you, it wasn't long at all don't worry.
Btw wouldn't it be maybe easier to put cards into categories so it isn't that hard to load? Kpop, International and Anime/Game? Or maybe u guys tried this before. It's kust a suggestion :pepeheart:
It would, but in hindsight we should have used a better plugin & the original developer that made it is missing in action, maybe in the future we could hire someone to make us a new one and migrate all our cards to that but not for now, we have to do everything piece by piece, I am trying to get us updated first to the latest forum version by end of the year. Not easy with our post count :nomina:
 
  • Like
Reactions: seungfloral
Joined
6 October 2021
Messages
15,961
Reactions Received
15,086
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
69,032
Fandom
Stay
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
It would, but in hindsight we should have used a better plugin & the original developer that made it is missing in action, maybe in the future we could hire someone to make us a new one and migrate all our cards to that but not for now, we have to do everything piece by piece, I am trying to get us updated first to the latest forum version by end of the year. Not easy with our post count :nomina:
Ahh i see, that way indeed is harder.
What about our post count? We need to post more???
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Sourcekeeper

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
Ahh i see, that way indeed is harder.
What about our post count? We need to post more???
There is too much, and the amount of images that users upload :facepalm: we are almost at 53gb.
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
  • Haha
Reactions: seungfloral
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
There is too much, and the amount of images that users upload :facepalm: we are almost at 53gb.
The vast majority of the images I post are hotlinked because I always think on the server space they'd occupy. However, I have seen forums who forbid hotlinking considering it bandwidth theft. A downside of hotlinking would come when the original image disappears, it also disappears within the post. I hope it's not against the rules. I at least have not come across any KPS rule against it.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Sourcekeeper

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
The vast majority of the images I post are hotlinked because I always think on the server space they'd occupy. However, I have seen forums who forbid hotlinking considering it bandwidth theft. A downside of hotlinking would come when the original image disappears, it also disappears within the post. I hope it's not against the rules. I at least have not come across any KPS rule against it.
It's okay, I just am dreading the day 10 years from now where ks will be at 1tb of images. :haylul:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Michael

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
There is too much, and the amount of images that users upload :facepalm: we are almost at 53gb.
Ah the other forum I used ran into a similar issue until the owner upgraded the space.

I actually prefer hyperlinking images but then some users can’t see them that way because their school or work blocks websites so I’m like “i guess I’ll upload instead since it will work for sure” >.> i dislike doing that but idk it’s the most accessible :/
 
  • Love
Reactions: Sourcekeeper

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread