More rap line? EXO or Big Bang (1 Viewer)

Which boy group has the more impressive rap line?

  • SM's EXO

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YG's Big Bang

    Votes: 13 100.0%

  • Total voters
    13

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I find Big Bangs rappers overrated a bit but better than Exos. BB does have good rappers, I just wouldn't say the best in kpop like most VIPs think.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I find Big Bangs rappers overrated a bit but better than Exos. BB does have good rappers, I just wouldn't say the best in kpop like most VIPs think.
just curious [since its subjective] what do you think makes a good rapper or good rap skills?
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Ahsoka

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I prefer listening to EXO raps, but BigBang rap line is good.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
just curious [since its subjective] what do you think makes a good rapper or good rap skills?
I'm not someone who understands Korean or knows rap so for me it has to do with flow, clarity/enunciation, and the overall meaning of the lyrics if I look them up. There's more but I just woke up and am not functioning :lisalaugh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
There's more but I just woke up and am not functioning
I know the feeling. Maintenance man came while I was sleeping to install a new window, because a couple weeks ago some random kids [in my apartment complex] were playing outside throwing oranges and one smashed the sh*t out of my window as it came barreling through... And the father of those kids was like: "Boys will be boys."😫
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
EXO's and BB's rap line aren't that comparable. Big Bang has one guy who was underground rapper and another who was training to be in hip hop duo instead of idol group. I'm not sure about EXO, but I assume they are more common idol rappers who rap cause company gave them the position? That's my image of them at least.:dubuthink:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
EXO's and BB's rap line aren't that comparable. Big Bang has one guy who was underground rapper and another who was training to be in hip hop duo instead of idol group. I'm not sure about EXO, but I assume they are more common idol rappers who rap cause company gave them the position? That's my image of them at least.:dubuthink:
Honestly SM rappers in general kind of get shoved in that position. Mark and Taeyong are the two rappers from SM that I think are actually good rappers, although they also weren't underground rappers either. Mark had been training since he was 12 though and he has quite a variety of musical experience and songwriting practice also which Im sure helps.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Honestly SM rappers in general kind of get shoved in that position. Mark and Taeyong are the two rappers from SM that I think are actually good rappers, although they also weren't underground rappers either. Mark had been training since he was 12 though and he has quite a variety of musical experience and songwriting practice also which Im sure helps.
That's my impression of SM rappers too, the definition of idol rappers. SM just seems to care least about rap in big 3. Not that idol rappers can't sound good, many of them do, but still compared to those who are passionate about rapping the skills are different. Taeyong is pretty good, Mark probably too, I dont' rly listen to NCTs stuff that much so I don't have clear image of their rapping.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I’m not a huge fan of either rap lines :nekosweat: But I think I prefer BB.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
BigBang has a way better rap line
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
this is such a non question. sm rappers are just not good or are ok‘ish at best. even GD and TOP can be cringe with their raps but definitely have a better flow tbh.

but hey maybe it‘s just my khh obsessed ass speaking now
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
and btw a fairer comparison would be Big Bang/Winner/iKON with Block B ( Mino and Zico would be a tough one to say who is better)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread