- Joined
- 6 August 2019
- Messages
- 395
- Reactions Received
- 2,098
- Location
- United States
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Male
Which male group had the more impressive rap line?
YG's Big Bang
or
SM's EXO
YG's Big Bang
or
SM's EXO
just curious [since its subjective] what do you think makes a good rapper or good rap skills?I find Big Bangs rappers overrated a bit but better than Exos. BB does have good rappers, I just wouldn't say the best in kpop like most VIPs think.
I'm not someone who understands Korean or knows rap so for me it has to do with flow, clarity/enunciation, and the overall meaning of the lyrics if I look them up. There's more but I just woke up and am not functioningjust curious [since its subjective] what do you think makes a good rapper or good rap skills?
I know the feeling. Maintenance man came while I was sleeping to install a new window, because a couple weeks ago some random kids [in my apartment complex] were playing outside throwing oranges and one smashed the sh*t out of my window as it came barreling through... And the father of those kids was like: "Boys will be boys."😫There's more but I just woke up and am not functioning
Honestly SM rappers in general kind of get shoved in that position. Mark and Taeyong are the two rappers from SM that I think are actually good rappers, although they also weren't underground rappers either. Mark had been training since he was 12 though and he has quite a variety of musical experience and songwriting practice also which Im sure helps.EXO's and BB's rap line aren't that comparable. Big Bang has one guy who was underground rapper and another who was training to be in hip hop duo instead of idol group. I'm not sure about EXO, but I assume they are more common idol rappers who rap cause company gave them the position? That's my image of them at least.![]()
That's my impression of SM rappers too, the definition of idol rappers. SM just seems to care least about rap in big 3. Not that idol rappers can't sound good, many of them do, but still compared to those who are passionate about rapping the skills are different. Taeyong is pretty good, Mark probably too, I dont' rly listen to NCTs stuff that much so I don't have clear image of their rapping.Honestly SM rappers in general kind of get shoved in that position. Mark and Taeyong are the two rappers from SM that I think are actually good rappers, although they also weren't underground rappers either. Mark had been training since he was 12 though and he has quite a variety of musical experience and songwriting practice also which Im sure helps.