Moving forward with Seungri's case (3 Viewers)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Now, this is yet another Seungri thread, but since that's mostly on my mind these days that's what your going to get ^^; And for me it's lot about getting my thoughts more straight about this whole thing and keeping up with it.

Yesterday was kinda exhausting with all info coming out and big things happening. I'm personally wondering if today (or at least within few days) there is going to be police's statement and/or press conference about recent developments and what they mean to the case and if YG is going to release statement of Seungri retiring and possibly about recent developments about the case as well.

Police statement and press conference:

Katalks are real and not modified: Right now it appears police has said the Katalks are real so this to me means they have gotten the original ones from the celebrity phone and have authenticated them. This means that the discussions have happened, but I'm not sure if investigators have yet confirmed that the persons claimed to behind the messages really are them, since I think they need to do this for it hold as evidence against person in court. There is some kind of smaller suspicions about Katalks still, time stamps (was Seungri in Big Bang's concert and on stage when the Katalks happened) and is Seungri the person in Katalks, it'd be good if these got cleared though they don't seem to hold lot of weight. I'd say it is very unlikely at this point he comes out innocent at least in everything relating to allegations.

Suspect and charges: Seungri has been moved from person of interest to suspect or suspect with evidence (nod to @QueenGirlCrush ). There doesn't appear to be any charges of yet (I see some newssites saying he has been charged, but I think it's mistranslations?), but this could change quite quickly due to police's statement. Seungri is currently suspect of prostitution mediation/acting as agent of prostitution/supplying investors with prostitutes/pimping (i have seen many wordings of this), but there might be other suspicions coming out too like will he be regarded as suspect and charged against the hidden cameras. I have seen conflicting stuff about some sources saying Seungri was commenting on hidden cameras and some saying he was also posting them (this might be rumors, mistranslation or misunderstanding news I haven't seen lot of actual sources other than clickbait titles about this). If he was just commenting I don't think he will be charged for crime about, but if he was I think he will and that's another pretty serious charge there. In other hand there is also question of Burning Sun which seemed to have gained lot less attention after the Katalks- is Seungri still regarded clear of suspicion related to Burning Sun or is he suspect of that case too and if he is, what about it, though since the investigation hasn't yet come out what really was happening in Burning Sun (like there still is no confirmation if women were being drugged, raped, filmed etc. or not) though so far it has been confirmed that one of CEOs was using drugs, there has been briding of police in terms of letting underaged girl(s) in, md has been suspected of releasing hidden cam of sexual act in vip room, woman has come out and said he was drugged in club (not stating if it was visitor or employee) and raped in hotel room, and there is strong suspicion of drug dealings happening inside (there is sources for these two, but i got tired sry xd). So lot of shady stuff there, but it doesn't seem investigation has linked any Burning Sun stuff to Seungri at the moment.

What made police change their mind and caused Seungri's and YG's confidence of his innocence?: Now this is just speculation, but I think it's really weird and somewhat suspicious that police first seemed really convinced Seungri was innocent I mean it seemed they were only investigating him cause he wanted to be investigated to clear his reputation about the prostitution Katalks, drug use etc. Even when Seungri got changed as suspect they said this: "We booked Seungri and changed his status to that of a suspect in order to issue a search and seizure warrant and clear [Seungri] of the suspicions [surrounding him].” " and the last part makes it appear like they still believed in his innocence and wanted to get him cleared of suspicion. So was there simply no strong evidence on police's side or could there been some corruption about it idk. Also I wonder about YG's and Seungri's unwavering confidence, YG might been mislead by Seungri (in terms of them saying Katalks are fake and not real at all), but in terms of Seungri he first seemed really confident of his innocence when asking being investigated himself, did he think the police wouldn't find solid evidence, was there corruption that was supposed to shield him, does he simply not find himself guilty or what is going on with this. It's understable though very disappointing he would lie about his innocence instead of facing punishment though, again it does seem at the moment he's guilty of prostitution Katalks, but legally he's being currently suspected of it not confirmed.

Seungri's military service: Military manpower administration has stated that Seungri will be enlisting in military and it will not be postponed unless he's being arrested and imprisoned or he's found quilty of charges. This might happen if police considers the evidence damning enough, but if not the police will cooperate with military police with the investigation while Seungri is in the army. If he's found guilty middle of his service and is being arrested, I think same will happen as with T.O.P, Seungri's military service will be on hold while the court proceedings and depending on punishment he might have to start it again or well start is after prison sentence I guess.

Other suspects?: I think this is probably biggest thing for many, since there has been many names thrown around and some are of course favorites of others so it will be anxious and disheartening time for many. JJY seems to be considered as suspect and well I think many see him as culprit of hidden cameras, but he has denied it himself. About others it seems more of speculations so far than concrete proof so far, but i think the police will eventually clear who are the suspects or at least person of interests in this. Many have said themselves and their companies have released statement saying they aren't involved though.

YG's statement:

Now what has come out of this hasn't really been official statement other than YG insider saying Seungri didn't consult YG about the decision and made it himself and another inside source saying there is not yet decision if he's contract will be terminated , in other hand YG Black Label's composer who hasn't yet been named has stated conflicting view about Seungri being kicked out and not leaving on his own. Now i'm not sure how much of these sources are just opinions of certain persons and how much informed inside views. I'm really curious about YG's official statement of this mess since it's true that Seungri is bound to contract and I think him choosing to retire in his own is breach of this contract, i'm not sure either if YG wants him out of company or stay.

I also wonder if YG will address future of Big Bang as whole, but it does seem really early for that and it will be probably best to just keep the group intact as name at least unless the members themselves want to disband it now (and they might want to, i can't even fanthom what they must be feeling about this all, the group has been throught some serious hardships, but this in another level).



--

Bit of essay from me again, but i guess that's how I make threads ^^;

Short version: I wonder if police and YG will release official statements today or within few days and what all the suspicions and possible charges towards Seungri will be and what will YG decide in terms of his retirement.

If you have more sources, think i have misunderstood about sth cause there is lot or have thoughts about what will happen now, please share ^^
 
Last edited:

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Just an update on how Seungri will be prosecuted, according to the law

For prostitution mediation according Lawyer Baek Sung Moon ;
“For Seungri, his case pertains to violating the Act on the Punishment of Arrangement of Commercial Sex Acts. If the allegations are true, he is subject to fewer than three years in prison and a penalty smaller than 30 million won (approximately $26,549).”

For filming illegal videos;
"According to Article 14 (Taking Photos by Using Cameras, etc.) of the Act on Special Cases Concerning the Punishment, Etc. of Sexual Crimes, filming another individual’s body parts without their consent leads to a punishment of less than five years in prison and fewer than 30 million won (approximately $26,549) in fines. Spreading those illegally taken photos or videos leads to additional punishments. If the person being filmed consented to being on camera but not to the dissemination of the photos or videos, the perpetrator will be sentenced to less than five years in prison and fewer than 30 million won (approximately $26,549) in fines. If the images or videos are shared for commercial purposes, the perpetrator is sentenced to less than seven years in prison and fewer than 30 million won (approximately $26,549) in fines."

Source:

So if any of these allegations turn out to be true, Seungri's gonna find himself in a huge ass legal battle that could end up with him doing time.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah I think it's a safe assumption to make he'll be found guilty in atleast some of these charges if not all. He's done.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Also, Idk how many of y'all have gone through this Twitter thread which is from a Korean POV (but written in English so don't worry). It is pretty long and detailed and goes into how big of a deal it really is and why Koreans are taking it so seriously.

I recommend reading the whole thread from the start.

 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Just an update on how Seungri will be prosecuted, according to the law

For prostitution mediation according Lawyer Baek Sung Moon ;
“For Seungri, his case pertains to violating the Act on the Punishment of Arrangement of Commercial Sex Acts. If the allegations are true, he is subject to fewer than three years in prison and a penalty smaller than 30 million won (approximately $26,549).”

For filming illegal videos;
"According to Article 14 (Taking Photos by Using Cameras, etc.) of the Act on Special Cases Concerning the Punishment, Etc. of Sexual Crimes, filming another individual’s body parts without their consent leads to a punishment of less than five years in prison and fewer than 30 million won (approximately $26,549) in fines. Spreading those illegally taken photos or videos leads to additional punishments. If the person being filmed consented to being on camera but not to the dissemination of the photos or videos, the perpetrator will be sentenced to less than five years in prison and fewer than 30 million won (approximately $26,549) in fines. If the images or videos are shared for commercial purposes, the perpetrator is sentenced to less than seven years in prison and fewer than 30 million won (approximately $26,549) in fines."

Source:

So if any of these allegations turn out to be true, Seungri's gonna find himself in a huge ass legal battle that could end up with him doing time.
Yes, since the victims haven't come out and sued him though I think he might get prosecuted by state attorney if the evidence of Katalks is strong enough that it does sound like right now. He does have somewhat strong defense still I think, his lawyer is specialices in cyber crime and i'm not sure if they can undeniably prove the text messages were from him. If they can though I can see him facing punishment at court, I'm still doubtful of jail time him being first timer and it being really rare for people getting max sentence on sth (in my experience), though in other hand I think he will be judged more harshly being celebrity and this becoming such big public spectacle so he won't be left out of the hook if this happens. Still i'd think if he's prosecuted and found guilty of connecting prostitutes to investors he will get fined and suspended prison sentence.

At the moment it doesn't seem he filmed and shared any videos himself so I don't think he will be prosecuted for that or if he will I don't think it will hold on court for any kind of punishment.

And well some Burning Sun stuff might still be mixed into this.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Yeah I think it's a safe assumption to make he'll be found guilty in atleast some of these charges if not all. He's done.
I think it's possible still he won't be found guilty in court (for not having enough evidence), but it is very unlikely he's innocent about everything yes and I don't see public letting it die down either. He's probably done as celebrity in Korea at least, I don't know what sentiment towards him is in Japan and China currently though and well he will probably be able to continue his businesses (not Burning Sun and possibly some other clubs?, but many others like Aori Ramen, dj label etc.) even if he's sentenced.

Also, Idk how many of y'all have gone through this Twitter thread which is from a Korean POV (but written in English so don't worry). It is pretty long and detailed and goes into how big of a deal it really is and why Koreans are taking it so seriously.

I recommend reading the whole thread from the start.

I don't often agree with korean sentiments about scandals (don't fit to my morals) so i'm bit suspicious myself what there will be, but I will give it a go ^^ Thanks for sharing.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Also, Idk how many of y'all have gone through this Twitter thread which is from a Korean POV (but written in English so don't worry). It is pretty long and detailed and goes into how big of a deal it really is and why Koreans are taking it so seriously.

I recommend reading the whole thread from the start.

That was an interesting read. Despite people making this a Kpop spectacle, I hope most are aware or at least become aware of how deep this goes into the corruption capital of Korea. These club owners and politicians aren't human tbh. I refuse to see them as the same species as me because I really don't understand the thought process of these people. How can they be so.... inhumane?
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Thank you so much for the updates without the bias! Rare to find.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think it's possible still he won't be found guilty in court (for not having enough evidence), but it is very unlikely he's innocent about everything yes and I don't see public letting it die down either. He's probably done as celebrity in Korea at least, I don't know what sentiment towards him is in Japan and China currently though and well he will probably be able to continue his businesses (not Burning Sun and possibly some other clubs?, but many others like Aori Ramen, dj label etc.) even if he's sentenced.



I don't often agree with korean sentiments about scandals (don't fit to my morals) so i'm bit suspicious myself what there will be, but I will give it a go ^^ Thanks for sharing.
Yeah I just found it very comprehensive and informative that's why :)

And I do agree, he'll do fine with his businesses and stuff, I just think life in the public eye is over for him, I don't see how anyone can come back from this sadly.

That was an interesting read. Despite people making this a Kpop spectacle, I hope most are aware or at least become aware of how deep this goes into the corruption capital of Korea. These club owners and politicians aren't human tbh. I refuse to see them as the same species as me because I really don't understand the thought process of these people. How can they be so.... inhumane?
Yeah Seungri, Joonyoung and all Kpop celebs are just the tip of the iceberg, I shudder to think how deep this runs.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I think it's possible still he won't be found guilty in court (for not having enough evidence), but it is very unlikely he's innocent about everything yes and I don't see public letting it die down either. He's probably done as celebrity in Korea at least, I don't know what sentiment towards him is in Japan and China currently though and well he will probably be able to continue his businesses (not Burning Sun and possibly some other clubs?, but many others like Aori Ramen, dj label etc.) even if he's sentenced.
I wa wondering if anyone had any updates on the public's reaction in China? Seungri's has quite a presence there and a lot of his main businesses are there as well so it would be interesting to see their take on all of this. They might even offer new information.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
For the possible contract mess I think YG can only either agree with him to terminate it or make Seungri pay out the rest of his contract for trying to leave early and then if Seungri doesn't do this then YG can take him to court over it and make him pay that way.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
For the possible contract mess I think YG can only either agree with him to terminate it or make Seungri pay out the rest of his contract for trying to leave early and then if Seungri doesn't do this then YG can take him to court over it and make him pay that way.
Those are the possibilities yup. Or somehow convince Seungri to change his mind about retiring. Well, Seungri has money to pay for penalty of breaking the contract and I don't think it would be within YG's interest to push it to the court. YG usually lets artists to leave if they want even middle contracts though I bet they aren't happy about Seungri not discussing it through with them first and YG would probably lose more in terms of money and getting even more unwanted press and public attention so I think they will just let him leave or pay and leave.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
373
Reactions Received
1,334
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Now that those Katalks messages were proven real and the likeness of him being guilty is big:
I hope that both I-VIPs and K-VIPs start to apologize to a) the reporters for accusing them of allegedly faking those messages and b) that Be.A member for harassing him on Instagram!
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Now that those Katalks messages were proven real and the likeness of him being guilty is big:
I hope that both I-VIPs and K-VIPs start to apologize to a) the reporters for accusing them of allegedly faking those messages and b) that Be.A member for harassing him on Instagram!
Umh, I don't quite agree. Though I have no doubt some went overboard with the two and in terms of harassment I think people shouldn''t have done it in first place regardless if the Katalks were real or not. I don't get the act of bombarding someone's social media and sending them threats.

In terms of accusing faking the messages, the messages were being edited since they were recreation of excel files and some of the language was changed as well as there were edits in order to remove some of the participants. The messages weren't fake, but this made them seem less legit and suspicious in many's eyes.

In terms of Be.A member I don't think his case has nothing to do with Katalks, he just used the timing to get back at Seungri cause he was unhappy with advice. I see his actions similar at least to me than Kemy's when she made diss song ofr Park Bom middle of her scandal. It was just cheap jab cause he had personal beef.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Personally, I wouldn't hold anything digital as evidence since it can easily be altered. Unless they got in possession of phones, then it's a different story. Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe he is guilty. However for conviction, firm evidence has to exist. Excel spreadsheet ain't it.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
373
Reactions Received
1,334
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
In terms of Be.A member I don't think his case has nothing to do with Katalks, he just used the timing to get back at Seungri cause he was unhappy with advice. I see his actions similar at least to me than Kemy's when she made diss song ofr Park Bom middle of her scandal. It was just cheap jab cause he had personal beef.
I don't care what it was. People do such jabs all the time, so what?
Fact is that there are literally hundreds of people calling that Be.A guy names, a failed idol and whatnot. We're not talking about just a few messages. That harassment is still going on, despite his post being more than a week old. Those VIPs really need to get their life together 🙄
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Personally, I wouldn't hold anything digital as evidence since it can easily be altered. Unless they got in possession of phones, then it's a different story. Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe he is guilty. However for conviction, firm evidence has to exist. Excel spreadsheet ain't it.
I don't think the excel would hold in court which is why police was first saying the messages couldn't be authenticated, but it does seem that police has now obtained phone of one of celebrities that was participant in the chat and it seems the excel sheet was combined according to this phone: x though I don't think police has confirmed that yet they have just said the messages were real and are authenticated now so it seems like that is the case. Also police searched club Arena with search warrant and questioned other celebrities claimed to been part of chat room so it's possible they have gotten some more evidence in these ways too.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Thank you so much for the updates without the bias! Rare to find.
Didn't let me quote before idk why, but thank you xd It's kinda funny to me since Seungri is my ult bias in kpop, but I try to be factual with this stuff and in terms of my own speculation have my foot on the ground at least.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,679
Reactions Received
93,486
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,868
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I wa wondering if anyone had any updates on the public's reaction in China? Seungri's has quite a presence there and a lot of his main businesses are there as well so it would be interesting to see their take on all of this. They might even offer new information.
China has a fairly hard line on sex crimes if i remember correctly. The government itself could shut him down.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread