Music and Purchasing Habits (1 Viewer)

Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Does anybody buy CDs anymore? or even music in general? or are you just streaming?

Personally, I would buy music (i.e. Physical, digital) if the prices were reasonable. Many new cds are around 15 usd and its hard to justify that much on a jewel case five-page inserts and a compact disc.. Especially since artists aren't getting paid much for album sales... And artists who are dropped [from their label] based on low album sales tend to land on their feet pretty easily.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I used to buy physical albums, but my CD-player broke and I don't have much reason to buy new one right now. So buying albums I wouldn't rly listen doesn't make sense to me. I mostly just stream, it's so easy these days thanks to youtube and spotify.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Used to
Then I used music streaming services or just bought the digitals
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,464
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I only buy physical albums. Then rip em.
$ 15 for a 10 + Song Album is fine.
Although a good chunk of my domestic cd music collection(3-500 cd's) i bought used years ago.
Lately(since 2010) I mostly only buy Kpop and heck $15-20 with shipping for 3 album (out of Japan for example) i have some .
Korean albums though i only buy under 6 song albums if i happen to be in Korea, or i find it super cheap in amazon.

I have bought a handful of digital songs from amazon. Mostly English versions of kpop songs by the og artist.
I despise Apple and thus never will use itunes or buy a product.

Although the perma digital library from some albums bought on amazon is kinda nice, not that i ever use it much. Most of the music in amazon music is family buys.
these are mine but.
46585
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: eclipsoul and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I buy alot on itunes digitally. I do buy some physical kpop albums too. I just got As You Wish (WJSN) and Mamamoo‘s Second Full Album today.
 
  • Like
Reactions: eclipsoul

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i own a lot of CDs now that i think about it, it's just that none of them are k-pop. there are a few stores near me which sell CDs and they're often cheap so i sometimes buy something when i'm there.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
i own a lot of CDs now that i think about it, it's just that none of them are k-pop. there are a few stores near me which sell CDs and they're often cheap so i sometimes buy something when i'm there.
Yeah, there's this store in my city, that I haven't been to, that sells cds pretty cheap. Some online shops too.

Lol.. I just noticed you're from the same place my great-grandparents emigrated from.
 
  • Like
Reactions: eclipsoul
Joined
22 June 2019
Messages
127
Reactions Received
453
Location
Magic Shop
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I occasionally buy kpop albums because they're something I'm interested in collecting? Other than that I see no point in buying physical music bc I use things like YouTube and Spotify which make it so much easier, I just like collecting my favourite groups
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread