My dog is dying... (1 Viewer)

Venomous

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,806
Reactions Received
6,357
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,441
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
Bit of a backstory: I adopted a senior dog in November of 2019.
Bonus points if you know why that timing is significant.
He was, at the time, 13, with a heart murmur, bad teeth, and other issues.
Over the last few weeks, we've noticed a few things off here and there, but nothing super concerning.
He'd have a flare up of one of his known conditions, feel like crud for a bit, then be better.

This morning I woke up and he was absolutely struggling to breathe.
We took him to the emergency vet, and while the vet couldn't get an exam done, he did notice some worrying issues.
Was told in order to examine him, they'd have to sedate him and intubate him.
With his age and condition, he'd likely never make it off the breathing tube.
So we decided to just treat him as best we could, and bring him home.
He's got less than 18 hours, at best.
Barring any worsening of his condition, he'll make one last trip to the vet tomorrow.

I knew this day was coming, I just wasn't expecting it quite so soon.
He's still happy, wagging his tail, eating, he just can't catch his breath.
This sucks.

That's it....That's all I've got, I just needed to talk about him.​
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
My condolences Ven, I'm glad you took in a senior dog, too many people won't because they are so old and probably afraid they won't make it long but they deserve loving homes as well which I'm sure he has gotten through you and your family.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Venomous

Venomous

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,806
Reactions Received
6,357
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,441
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
im so sorry
My condolences
That's the hardest decision to make. My condolences.
My condolences :nekosweat:
I'm sorry.
:umjicry:
Thank you all. :saranghae:
Right now he is still with us, he is stable enough that he could last a few more days, which we were not expecting but are very grateful to have.


My condolences Ven, I'm glad you took in a senior dog, too many people won't because they are so old and probably afraid they won't make it long but they deserve loving homes as well which I'm sure he has gotten through you and your family.
Honestly he's not my first and I hope he's not my last. Too many people overlook senior dogs, but they usually come pre-potty trained and often have less emotional and behavioural issues than young dogs. There is nothing more rewarding than giving a senior dog a loving home in which to be spoiled for the rest of his days. RJ was a hospice boy, we knew he'd live with us until his time came, and we knew at 13 it could come at any time. We've had over a year and a half with him, and every extra day we get is a gift.
 

Kamistar

I'm gonna be a star
.
Joined
23 June 2021
Messages
7,244
Reactions Received
18,851
Location
Jessicaland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Fandom
Exo-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
I'm very sorry :(
But congratulations for adopting this baby and giving the love he deserves <3
Lose my dog was the most painful experience of my life, I really love them so much, but I know that while she was with me she got all love and attention that she deserved, I'm sure it's the same for you
Again, I'm so sorry. I also adopted a senior dog and she has heart problems, but it was the best decision I made, I'll take care of her while she can stay with me like you are doing with your dog
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Venomous

Venomous

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,806
Reactions Received
6,357
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,441
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
I'm very sorry :(
But congratulations for adopting this baby and giving the love he deserves <3
Lose my dog was the most painful experience of my life, I really love them so much, but I know that while she was with me she got all love and attention that she deserved, I'm sure it's the same for you
Again, I'm so sorry. I also adopted a senior dog and she has heart problems, but it was the best decision I made, I'll take care of her while she can stay with me like you are doing with your dog
Thank you, and thank you for sharing your love with a senior dog, they truly are the best!
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Willow and Kamistar

Venomous

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,806
Reactions Received
6,357
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,441
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
So....by some crazy miracle, the old dude is still hanging in there. He's wagging his tail, happily eating, goes outside, totally enjoying life...he just breathes really awfully. He sounds terrible, but in reality he's still getting enough oxygen, still able to breathe with his mouth closed, doesn't pant unless he gets really overheated or over-exerts himself. He's shown us he's not quite ready to go yet, so we're taking it moment by moment.
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
So....by some crazy miracle, the old dude is still hanging in there. He's wagging his tail, happily eating, goes outside, totally enjoying life...he just breathes really awfully. He sounds terrible, but in reality he's still getting enough oxygen, still able to breathe with his mouth closed, doesn't pant unless he gets really overheated or over-exerts himself. He's shown us he's not quite ready to go yet, so we're taking it moment by moment.
Good to hear you have had a bit more time with him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Venomous

Venomous

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,806
Reactions Received
6,357
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,441
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
my condolences, i’m sorry this is happening
Thank you. It's just how life is, but it still sucks. :pepeheart:


Good to hear you have had a bit more time with him.
I don't know how much we'll get, be it another day or more, but it's nice to have time to spoil him like he deserves.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Villains

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,137
Reactions Received
46,805
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
184,350
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
awwwwwwww I'm sorry you're going through this! I've never had to lose a pet, but a few years ago my mom's bestie lost her dog Zoe. Zoe was an amazing dog - never chewed, never peed or shat on the floor, etc. - but she was just getting really old, and Mrs. S (Mom's bestie) eventually had to put her down. I'm still a little heartbroken about it, but it's all good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Venomous

Venomous

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,806
Reactions Received
6,357
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,441
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
Thank you everyone for your care and condolences.

RJ managed to hold out until it became clear this afternoon that he was struggling, and so we brought him in to our vet to say goodbye around 4:20pm central time. The vet confirmed there was a large tumor in the back of his throat, and there was nothing that could have been done, aside give him the peaceful, comfortable passing we did.


Rest in peace, my sweet boy.

1626306903501.png
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,040
Reactions Received
52,933
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,627
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
My Condolences on your loss. Im not an animal person but loss is universal; he looks great in tat picture n you did do well taking in your dog n giving RJ love n care.

Hope you look bk on the time you had with him with love n joy, and hopefully not so much grief n loss. Take care of urself.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Venomous

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread