Appreciation My Top 5 Taeyeon Songs for the birthday girl <3 (1 Viewer)

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
I was appreciating Taeyeon's songs the other day and realised I wanted to make a thread about it! And then I realised her birthday was coming soon so it was perfect timing. Many of Taeyeon's songs mean a lot to me, either because the vocals and melody just SENDS me (to heaven), or because the lyrics hold a deep place in my heart for being something that I could relate to my life or use to help me get through a tough time. As Kpop fans we should all know that music is a universal language however the emotion in Taeyeon's voice that delivers the feeling and story of each song truly immerses me into each one of them. Let's appreciate some art shall we?

5. U R
This is the only entry where I will link the live performance rather than studio audio. This is definitely a live kind of song, even just listening to the studio audio for the first time, I was blown away with the beautiful vocals but after hearing the live fancams, this song has become my goal to be able to perfect. I'm sure there are many harder songs out there to set as my goal to be able to sing, but the impact this song had on me is unequivocal.



4. Can You Hear Me
Of course we had to have an OST in this list somewhere! I've been a fan of Taeyeon since 2012 which was quite some time before her solo debut in 2015 and so I listened to her OSTs for sustenance. Although she has an entire catalogue of her solo music now, her OSTs still have a charm to them even though the lyrics and melody hold no real importance to her as an artist since they were written for the dramas and not her. This song is so mesmerising for me that i'd listen to it to try and calm my heart and mind when I couldn't sleep.



3. My Tragedy
The lyrics on this song talks about how she felt alone and refers to hate comments "To you a moment, to me, it’s forever left as a scar." The melody is dark and anxious and the lyrics are sung with a sense of despair and resentment for the things that made her feel this way, at least that's how I interpret the song. When she sings "I don't need nobody" it almost sounds like she's trying to convince herself for than she's trying to convince us, and as someone who's been through depression myself I can definitely relate to that feeling. The extreme reverb throughout this track heightens the sense of loneliness, as if you're the only person in the room singing your heart out for someone to hear but no one will come and listen, the reverb only cuts out for a very short moment and it sounds like we're in the room with Taeyeon, like she's directly speaking to us, the listener, and then the music stops for a moment as the reverb comes back in and for a second Taeyeon is alone again with not even the music to accompany her. That was a truly impactful moment and still gives me goosebumps.



2. Time Lapse
This is a song that I personally relate to so it inevitably means a lot to me, even before I could relate to it so well it's just such a good song. She sings the first verse with so much indifference, just like how she describes her becoming indifferent to her birthdays, as it just starts to feel like time is just passing and that's all there is to it and we start living not for the excitement of going through life but we're living just to watch time pass... But in the chorus we hear the heartache come through because no matter how much time passes, that moment will remain the same, frozen in time and unable to be changed or erased, and it still hurts the same. The way she sings "I'm erasing all of it" is filled with so much desperation, a feeling that I fully empathize with, with my entire being.



1. I
And even after all this time, I is still unbeaten for me. It's like the perfect debut song, with a meaning that just gets even more meaningful with time, just like Girls' Generation's debut Into the New World. I have tattoos for both of these songs because they're just so iconic, especially as the beginnings of an era for both SNSD and Taeyeon by herself. I will leave you with this, my favourite line in the song~
"I had difficult times, but followed a small light
Distant day, let it go far, faraway
I fly splendidly "


 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
That is a shit-ton of English words that my half-asleep foreign brain can't handle. But from what I did understand, YESSSS
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
That is a shit-ton of English words that my half-asleep foreign brain can't handle. But from what I did understand, YESSSS
I do recommend you give the time to try and read what I wrote for My Tragedy :maheart: I feel like I did a really nice breakdown of the song and what makes it so good, the other songs you can just guess from listening to them so no biggy :sanapray:
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
I do recommend you give the time to try and read what I wrote for My Tragedy :maheart: I feel like I did a really nice breakdown of the song and what makes it so good, the other songs you can just guess from listening to them so no biggy :sanapray:
You should try to join the KS Press. You'd be great with the song break-downs. :sanapray:
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
You should try to join the KS Press. You'd be great with the song break-downs. :sanapray:
I'm not so sure I would be, I can be very selective with whether I can actually hear anything to break down or not. I can do it with Taeyeon so well because I relate a lot to it but I wouldn't be able to break down genres that i'm not so familiar with, at least not enough to join the press team anyways haha
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
I'm not so sure I would be, I can be very selective with whether I can actually hear anything to break down or not. I can do it with Taeyeon so well because I relate a lot to it but I wouldn't be able to break down genres that i'm not so familiar with, at least not enough to join the press team anyways haha
I'm sure you would be great! Better than me anyways. It takes me forever to break down songs because I get lost in the ones I enjoy.
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm sure you would be great! Better than me anyways. It takes me forever to break down songs because I get lost in the ones I enjoy.
That's a good thing! It'll take time for you to put it into words but a break down from the heart for songs that you get lost in are inevitably the most in depth ones and the best!
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and MinSquishy
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
That's a good thing! It'll take time for you to put it into words but a break down from the heart for songs that you get lost in are inevitably the most in depth ones and the best!
FINALLY! SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!!!!

I'm already KPS' hoe, but you are now another wifey. I love you~

XD

We should do some breakdowns together soon!!
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and NASA
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Need to cook some more up first tho
But I meannnnn. We share some groups, eh? We could choose an album and divide the songs to break down. After that, we can look at each others' and give input then BOOM post. OOf- MY BRAIN WORKED OMG. I have a headache now
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,622
Reactions Received
93,446
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Happy birthday Taeyeon!!!!! Aka kid leader.
Some b sides.
UR and Stress from I
hands on me and good thing Why
la pick 2 from my voice deluxe . so good.
Baram x3 , circus something new
Blue, Gravity( since 4 seasons is really a title :) ) purpose
Candy cane, the magic of Christmas time. This Christmas (ok i love the entire Christmas album like alot.....)
ost's i prefer IF.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and NASA

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
Happy birthday Taeyeon!!!!! Aka kid leader.
Some b sides.
UR and Stress from I
hands on me and good thing Why
la pick 2 from my voice deluxe . so good.
Baram x3 , circus something new
Blue, Gravity( since 4 seasons is really a title :) ) purpose
Candy cane, the magic of Christmas time. This Christmas (ok i love the entire Christmas album like alot.....)
ost's i prefer IF.
Gravity has the most replays off Purpose album for me rn, I like to mouth along to the words dramatically when I go on a walk :maheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and RandAlThor

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
You really impressed me with how quick you set up your aesthetic tbh, and I love it :maheart:
Right when I saw the teasers I knew I needed to use them for my aesthetic :maheart:
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and NASA

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread