News [NB] The 'Big 3' head into an intense month of problems (1 Viewer)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
[IMG]
Article: Gloomy cloud hangs over YG, SM, JYP... entertainment industry at risk

Source: Munhwa Ilbo via Nate

Article talks about YG's prostitution scandals, stockholders losing trust in SM due to controversy over their outflow of funds, as well as EXO scheduled to enlist this year, and JYP's recent stroke of bad luck with Mark's dating rumors and Twice's latest injuries.

1. [+942, -28] Can't even stand YG anymore

2. [+729, -34] JYP did an all in on their all Japanese girl group and their stocks have been on the decline for half a year now. They're at their limits with Got7 and Twice as their stocks continue to plummet ㅠㅠ

3. [+47, -3] Honestly, only the stupid fangirls of these agencies are the ones worried for them ㅋ As if anyone cares that a big corporation like any of them are at risk right now

4. [+36, -10] Don't know about SM and JYP but YG is probably hitting their biggest crisis right now. I bet they'll be completely bankrupt in a few months.

5. [+27, -6] The 'top 3' has no meaning anymore

6. [+27, -9] I get that JYP's kind of problematic right now because they have a lot of Japanese members but it's unfair to associate YG in the same title as them

7. [+25, -15] Let's focus the hate on YG, leave SM and JYP alone...

8. [+20, -4] If you looked into any of the three agencies, you wouldn't find anything clean, I bet. JYP is so bad at producing male idol groups.

9. [+19, -4] Kim Yong Ho, an industry department head, talked about this on YouTube. He talked about how Hallyu brought in a wave of Japanese investments that helped solidify our entertainment companies before turning over to Chinese investments, but they're all becoming slaves to Chinese money now, including SM... He predicted that they're going to crumble under the pressure of Chinese investments, the most representative example being Fantagio...

10. [+17, -2] Park Jin Young just wasn't meant for anything international, it seems

11. [+16, -0] These companies can fail all they want, they're probably all rich enough to not worry anyway
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
3. [+47, -3] Honestly, only the stupid fangirls of these agencies are the ones worried for them ㅋ As if anyone cares that a big corporation like any of them are at risk right now
You speak the truth, sir :taemsip:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,425
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I saw the money numbers SM out earned YG JYP and big hit combined even with how well they are doing..... they are not bothered.
The infighting over the payments to LSM will get sorted out, but its more of a power play for control that will get killed.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I saw the money numbers SM out earned YG JYP and big hit combined even with how well they are doing..... they are not bothered.
The infighting over the payments to LSM will get sorted out, but its more of a power play for control that will get killed.
I wonder what that is even
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Mark making JYP proud of him
I still don't even know what it is that he's supposed to have done...
I'm not sure because I don't follow Got7 but isn't Mark kinda controversial? Like, I'm pretty sure I've seen his name for something else before. Something he did whilst living in LA? I'm not sure though.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
damn these comments
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I'm not sure because I don't follow Got7 but isn't Mark kinda controversial? Like, I'm pretty sure I've seen his name for something else before. Something he did whilst living in LA? I'm not sure though.
Basically, a few years ago while GOT7 were still rookies, they were performing in LA and had a pool party at Mark's parents' house. Mark's old friends uploaded a bunch of pictures and videos to social media of the boys underage drinking and their was a video click of Mark's friends getting Bambam to say the N word but that was YEARS ago! I'm still confused as to what the current controversy is all about...

I just know that it has something to do with that livestreamer who accused her ex of sharing revenge porn of her but I don't know how Mark is involved.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Basically, a few years ago while GOT7 were still rookies, they were performing in LA and had a pool party at Mark's parents' house. Mark's old friends uploaded a bunch of pictures and videos to social media of the boys underage drinking and their was a video click of Mark's friends getting Bambam to say the N word but that was YEARS ago! I'm still confused as to what the current controversy is all about...

I just know that it has something to do with that livestreamer who accused her ex of sharing revenge porn of her but I don't know how Mark is involved.
Complicated stuff oof.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,425
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I wonder what that is even
One of the stock holders with ~4-5 % has a history of aggression, and they are trying to line up the other few folks who have a similar % to force dividends. Also they want to know exactly what the money to that lsm company gives them(given how well the music branch has done i do not know what hey are whining about). Is i believe the goal.
 
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
4,641
Reactions Received
11,710
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Fandom
EXO-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
With how much Exo soloist and duos are selling, and constant tours SM ain't bothered.
But if they are Maybe SM will make RV and NCT a bit more public friendly. Or maybe we'll finally get the NGG.
I don't really care for the cultist.
YG can go to hell.
 

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
But if they are Maybe SM will make RV and NCT a bit more public friendly.
I do think NCT has become more public friendly (i.e., music becoming more mainstream and accessible) over the past year.

Or maybe we'll finally get the NGG.
Yes, I hope so.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I still don't even know what it is that he's supposed to have done...
I'm not sure because I don't follow Got7 but isn't Mark kinda controversial? Like, I'm pretty sure I've seen his name for something else before. Something he did whilst living in LA? I'm not sure though.
Basically, a few years ago while GOT7 were still rookies, they were performing in LA and had a pool party at Mark's parents' house. Mark's old friends uploaded a bunch of pictures and videos to social media of the boys underage drinking and their was a video click of Mark's friends getting Bambam to say the N word but that was YEARS ago! I'm still confused as to what the current controversy is all about...

I just know that it has something to do with that livestreamer who accused her ex of sharing revenge porn of her but I don't know how Mark is involved.
I read and posted every article on his scandal and I didn't understand a single thing :jisoosmh:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread