Non-Americans of KS, what confuses or do you have a question about concerning America? (1 Viewer)

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
So I got another question. Who is your "national" comedian, actor etc? Like is there one person that's considered above every other in the field and is a legend?
For music, probably Beyonce.
Comedian would most likely be Ellen, but there are many others.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marianthi

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female


Y'all don't actually eat this, do you?
I'm afraid Luther Burger is indeed a thing.
No. Just about no one eats that.

Honestly, I understand that America is considered a "fat" country, but eating something like that is just considered gross.

Even eating at McDonald's is looked down on if people do it often.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and noir
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
301
Reactions Received
1,484
Location
the LOONAverse
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
What is craziest thing you have seen at Walmart?
Well not crazy but me and my fam were in a real bad storm (buying stuff before the storm got even worse) and then all the lights just went out (inside that store)
Scariest thing that has ever happened to me
 
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
301
Reactions Received
1,484
Location
the LOONAverse
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
But


What does it mean "taxes are due"?
Oof well ‘taxes’ are what us citizens owe to the state they live and they have a certain window of time where they can pay them
This year it was April 15th when they were due I believe
Hopes this helps
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
How big is the difference between rural areas around New York and in the middle of USA? I've heard that it's like night and day the more you get in mid west etc
I'm from rural Kansas.

Rural areas around New York are much more densely populated and the landscape is totally different with lots of trees and hills, etc.



Kansas on the other hand. Is flat, empty and sparsely populated. You can see for miles in any direction as there are few trees.

The biggest difference for me is the sense of being isolated.

When I'm in "rural" areas on the East I never actually feel like I'm far away from anything.

In Kansas and other rural areas like it.

There's literally nothing but grassland for hundreds of miles. There's more of a feeling of remoteness. You feel more alone.

I actually prefer that haha... It's strangely comforting for me. I guess because I grew up with it.

It looks like this.


 
  • Wow
Reactions: Marianthi

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I'm from rural Kansas.

Rural areas around New York are much more densely populated and the landscape is totally different with lots of trees and hills, etc.



Kansas on the other hand. Is flat, empty and sparsely populated. You can see for miles in any direction as there are few trees.

The biggest difference for me is the sense of being isolated.

When I'm in "rural" areas on the East I never actually feel like I'm far away from anything.

In Kansas and other rural areas like it.

There's literally nothing but grassland for hundreds of miles. There's more of a feeling of remoteness. You feel more alone.

I actually prefer that haha... It's strangely comforting for me. I guess because I grew up with it.

It looks like this.


Damn I could never live like that. I'm so used to being in a city and living in an apartment block that what you're showing me seems like a nightmare to me XD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Emanresu
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Is it true that people would randomly smile at you on the street?
tbh yeah it is but its only for a second, its just a nice way of acknowledging someone else's existence. even if your only going to see them for a few minutes, its just a way of trying to be nice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread