Not many Kpop songs starting with K? (1 Viewer)

Myth

* ☀︎Potato Minhyuk’s Military Wifey * ♥
.
Joined
19 November 2021
Messages
15,604
Reactions Received
18,866
Location
In Intak's arms uwu
Website
mintakyy.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,584
Fandom
P1eceVillain+
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
ALL OF THEM
Found a handful of other kiss songs :sanapray:
3BB1B3FD-F9D3-416D-A448-F80D54A3E633.png
0F845DC9-7969-4C05-9FE5-1C7226C02F31.png

There’s prolly more out there lol
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: Moguri and centen

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think it’s less than some letters but it probably still beats Q :lisalaugh:
But I think that it probably has to do with how any eaters start with k to begin with. I looked it up and can’t confirm for sure but I saw a couple sources saying K is the 5th least common letter to start a word. If that’s true it would make sense why it’s used in kpop songs less, just because there’s fewer options.
 

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,489
Reactions Received
18,188
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
131,606
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I think part of the challenge is it being a B-side specifically. Like I immediately thought of KNK's Knock, and I saw someone else post about TWICE's Knock Knock. I went with XH's Knock Down.

Which @bunnyviolet inspired me and I did a search for just "kpop knock" and also got:
Astro - Knock
Nasty Nasty - Knock

And for some reason, P1Harmony - Back Down? Why not, eh?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Moguri and Myth

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,000
Reactions Received
98,746
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,289
Ship
Wreck
Found a handful of other kiss songs :sanapray:
3BB1B3FD-F9D3-416D-A448-F80D54A3E633.png
0F845DC9-7969-4C05-9FE5-1C7226C02F31.png

There’s prolly more out there lol
seems like Kiss is the savior word for all songs starting with K :bigcatlove:

But also from some of the examples, the group name contains Kiss, not the song title ^^"

I think part of the challenge is it being a B-side specifically. Like I immediately thought of KNK's Knock, and I saw someone else post about TWICE's Knock Knock. I went with XH's Knock Down.

Which @bunnyviolet inspired me and I did a search for just "kpop knock" and also got:
Astro - Knock
Nasty Nasty - Knock

And for some reason, P1Harmony - Back Down? Why not, eh?
oh and yeah ofc, for the challenge you have to ignore all title tracks, so that makes it a lot harder xD not sure how many of the songs from bunnys list are title tracks
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Myth

litc

❤️NCT Wish❤️
.
.
Joined
2 October 2021
Messages
21,800
Reactions Received
50,582
Location
Listening to Hakmin's angelic voice in Paradise
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,454
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck
Todays card challenge made me think, are there not that many Kpop songs starting with K?

Or is it just the groups I like don't have many?

Also is it just a big coincidence or is there any reason for it? :sanathink:
Look for songs starting with ‘know’ other than the ‘kiss’ which is already mentioned
Also ‘kick’
‘Knock’
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moguri

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,000
Reactions Received
98,746
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,289
Ship
Wreck
I think it’s less than some letters but it probably still beats Q :lisalaugh:
But I think that it probably has to do with how any eaters start with k to begin with. I looked it up and can’t confirm for sure but I saw a couple sources saying K is the 5th least common letter to start a word. If that’s true it would make sense why it’s used in kpop songs less, just because there’s fewer options.
lol looking forward to the day its Qs turn :lisalaugh: but I can already tell Twice has 2 songs in store for me, as Queen starts with Q :llama_flirt:

The information with K being 5th least common letter is very interesting though and is a very good explanation! Is this true for english only or across all languages?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka
Joined
7 July 2022
Messages
6,154
Reactions Received
4,718
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
17,379
Fandom
PlryWnxyMYBlink
Gender
Male
Pronouns
🇰🇷-🇺🇸 PWMB
Girls' Generation's Kissing You.

[ Such nostalgia :: tears up ::: I'll post more if I can recall. ]

 
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
lol looking forward to the day its Qs turn :lisalaugh: but I can already tell Twice has 2 songs in store for me, as Queen starts with Q :llama_flirt:

The information with K being 5th least common letter is very interesting though and is a very good explanation! Is this true for english only or across all languages?
English specifically, but since the names tend to be translations it’ll be true that they have less words to start the song with, unless they literally translate the name by letter or use a non English word (such as Lo Siento) in its place.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moguri

the101

.
Joined
13 January 2022
Messages
10,564
Reactions Received
2,703
Location
Neo City, EXO Planet
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
27,865
Fandom
EXO-L, NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Hmm..I guess it depends on what you listen to? Just skimmed my playlists and I’ve got a bunch ..

I’ve got:

Ko Ko Bop - EXO
Kick It - NCT 127
Kiss and Make Up - Dua Lipa and Blackpink
Knock On - NCT 127
Kingdom Come - RV
Kiss Kiss - Shinee
Kick Back - WayV
King of Hearts - WayV
Kitchen Beat - NCT 127
Knock on Wood - RV
keep On Doin’ - Luna
Know Now - NCT U
Knock Down - Xdinary Heroes
Ka-Boom - Hyolyn
Kill Me More - Mimiirose
Ka-Ching - EXO-CBX
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I have 16 songs that start with K on my playlist :pepelook:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread