COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now
Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar

OH MY GIRL - 2020 KBS SONG FESTIVAL (GAYO DAECHUKJAE), 'Dolphin' + 'Nonstop'

@Miracle

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
So good!
:pikahappy:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
5 min and change seems the norm.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Why unexpected?
Dolphin may actually end up a bigger hit.
The dance break at the end was surprising and Dolphin probably already has surpassed Nonstop and if not it should be pretty close and will by the end but we'll see what happens with the year chart.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
The dance break at the end was surprising and Dolphin probably already has surpassed Nonstop and if not it should be pretty close and will by the end but we'll see what happens with the year chart.
I think KBS had this huge group of dancers so it seems like everyone got some.

I mean heck IZONE had back dancers.......

gfriend had that over the top opening.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I think KBS had this huge group of dancers so it seems like everyone got some.

I mean heck IZONE had back dancers.......
An odd choice to say the least but maybe they thought it'd make the stages feel more grand

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Arin's confidence has really grown as a performer :sanapray:
Did not expect her to slay with the shoulder game lol.

Jiho perfect as ever :nekolove:

They all did well, too short a performance time but they had to fit in a lot of groups so. Atleast YooA and Arin also got separate special stages so that's good.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Arin's confidence has really grown as a performer :sanapray:
Did not expect her to slay with the shoulder game lol.

Jiho perfect as ever :nekolove:

They all did well, too short a performance time but they had to fit in a lot of groups so. Atleast YooA and Arin also got separate special stages so that's good.
Arin frex, i think wouldnt be in the Maknaes collab if not for this:- OMG have been on a tear recently since appearing on Queendom, i think. Korea appreciates them more n they seem to be getting more recognition/opportunities maybe, for a not big 3/not mamamoo/not gfriend gg. I could wish they'd become top 5 gg but with the strong competition from 4th gen, a 5 yr old gg seems unlikely to me now.

Just hope they can sustain this momentum for another 5 yrs or so...yeah. chaebal.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Arin frex, i think wouldnt be in the Maknaes collab if not for this:- OMG have been on a tear recently since appearing on Queendom, i think. Korea appreciates them more n they seem to be getting more recognition/opportunities maybe, for a not big 3/not mamamoo/not gfriend gg. I could wish they'd become top 5 gg but with the strong competition from 4th gen, a 5 yr old gg seems unlikely to me now.

Just hope they can sustain this momentum for another 5 yrs or so...yeah. chaebal.
Yeah and unlike most other popular ggs, OMG is in that rare spot where most of their members are getting popular on their own as well. YooA has gotten some solo opportunities, Arin popularity is rising everyday, Seunghee and Hyojung on varieties too, Binnie with some acting gigs as well :)

They're in a pretty good position rn- it's clear they aren't a one hit wonder or flash in the pan, but here to stay. Hopefully they can have great longevity.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Yeah and unlike most other popular ggs, OMG is in that rare spot where most of their members are getting popular on their own as well. YooA has gotten some solo opportunities, Arin popularity is rising everyday, Seunghee and Hyojung on varieties too, Binnie with some acting gigs as well :)

They're in a pretty good position rn- it's clear they aren't a one hit wonder or flash in the pan, but here to stay. Hopefully they can have great longevity.
I strongly believe all their solos opportunities/popularity came after Queendok, iv been looking bk at their vlives/fancams from festivals/non music show performances n i believe gp has always loved OMG(in korea at least), just tat Queendom raised their profile n brand to advertisers/producers/tv stations n such tat they got more popular/opportunities after tat. Hyojung was responsible for the eottoke song previously but nobody rlly noticed tat earlier i think. Sseung is a rlly great singer but this yr i think she's blown up a lot n gotten a fried chicken cf tats hilarious, im not sure when Nene Chicken started using OMG in promos but i think it ended before Querndom. Arin, Binnie, Mimi n Jiho were kinda under-valued b4 Queendom as well i think. YooA is kinda an exception but she also blew up in her profile n branding i think after Queendom. If im wrong, ill admit it but i think OMG just dint hv viral luck previously like Gfriend Yuju n Twice Sana Sha Sha Sha tat blew them out of the stratosphere(with Twice, i concede it was inevitable after Sixteen n either Tzuyu, Nayeon or someone else could hv been it). I think Gfriend rocketed upwards but couldnt sustain smh.n slowly been falling bk to earth(but i love them n dont agree bighit ruined them, i think it was happening anyway long before bighit buy-in, i dont agree musically they deteriorated either-im only talking abt sales/popularity not musicality/artistry, i love their stuff still).

So i hope OMG sustain their rise for next 5 yrs which is abt wat i think Gfriend lasted from their burst since Yuju went viral n propelled them to 3rd gen top 5 status (imo). You r free to disagree ofc.

PS: Lovelyz n Bom dint get much rise from Queendom, imo n the others were already high up tat it dint make much difference(AOA, MMM, GIDLE). Again imo, n u may disagree. Did u watch good girl, ozy? Whole nother story there, i think(similar effect, imo)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I strongly believe all their solos opportunities/popularity came after Queendok, iv been looking bk at their vlives/fancams from festivals/non music show performances n i believe gp has always loved OMG(in korea at least), just tat Queendom raised their profile n brand to advertisers/producers/tv stations n such tat they got more popular/opportunities after tat. Hyojung was responsible for the eottoke song previously but nobody rlly noticed tat earlier i think. Sseung is a rlly great singer but this yr i think she's blown up a lot n gotten a fried chicken cf tats hilarious, im not sure when Nene Chicken started using OMG in promos but i think it ended before Querndom. Arin, Binnie, Mimi n Jiho were kinda under-valued b4 Queendom as well i think. YooA is kinda an exception but she also blew up in her profile n branding i think after Queendom. If im wrong, ill admit it but i think OMG just dint hv viral luck previously like Gfriend Yuju n Twice Sana Sha Sha Sha tat blew them out of the stratosphere(with Twice, i concede it was inevitable after Sixteen n either Tzuyu, Nayeon or someone else could hv been it). I think Gfriend rocketed upwards but couldnt sustain smh.n slowly been falling bk to earth(but i love them n dont agree bighit ruined them, i think it was happening anyway long before bighit buy-in, i dont agree musically they deteriorated either-im only talking abt sales/popularity not musicality/artistry, i love their stuff still).

So i hope OMG sustain their rise for next 5 yrs which is abt wat i think Gfriend lasted from their burst since Yuju went viral n propelled them to 3rd gen top 5 status (imo). You r free to disagree ofc.

PS: Lovelyz n Bom dint get much rise from Queendom, imo n the others were already high up tat it dint make much difference(AOA, MMM, GIDLE). Again imo, n u may disagree. Did u watch good girl, ozy? Whole nother story there, i think(similar effect, imo)
Yeah Queendom has definitely helped them a lot, they were definitely mid tier group before that and now they're certainly in top 5 in Korea atleast. Having the members shine individually as well is a great indicator for their future, they won't just fade away into obscurity and that's good to see.

Haven't watched Good Girl tho, was it the one with CLC Yeeun? Idk how much of a change it brought about for their popularity yet.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Yeah Queendom has definitely helped them a lot, they were definitely mid tier group before that and now they're certainly in top 5 in Korea atleast. Having the members shine individually as well is a great indicator for their future, they won't just fade away into obscurity and that's good to see.

Haven't watched Good Girl tho, was it the one with CLC Yeeun? Idk how much of a change it brought about for their popularity yet.
It only seemed to change the profiles(brand rank/tv production awareness) of a few like Cheetah, Lee Youngji n Jamie, i think n reraised Hyo in her gp/tv production awareness to SNSD peak lvl but only maybe momentarily, the main cast was too gangsta to elevate too much too quickly, Ailee, Jiwoo n Yeeun were already at a certain lvl but i think they dint get any boost from the show, it was too much Unpretty rap star,high school rap star, show me the money audience for tat.i rlly liked it tho as i was intoduced to some new acts, also maybe the pandemic dint help much. Maybe a season 2 with expanded/changed cast might do better(in higher tv audience/better raised profiles for the cast, who knows).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread