Okay... Now Twilight is Tolerable (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,463
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
no....
only if we can kill bella at the start of the book like have a tree fall on her and smoosh her. then the wolves could eat her.
then the sparkly vampires get hello kitty make overs because if you want cute go all out.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
no....
only if we can kill bella at the start of the book like have a tree fall on her and smoosh her. then the wolves could eat her.
then the sparkly vampires get hello kitty make overs because if you want cute go all out.
or... the part where she's almost killed by the car could work. lol
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
@RandAlThor slightly off topic, but... since I am in the process of world building
For at least a decade, I have been writing fantasy, I have no desire to publish, but the character designs come to me and I must write for them and part of that is world building, which I enjoy doing very much. lol..
, I have thought about the author (Stephanie Meyer)'s attempt or lack thereof, at worldbuilding, the sh***er the whole series becomes. Thousands of years of vampires and there's one pseudo-government? No real in depth explanation of governance.. No deities.. No origin story.. No cohesive, sophisticated society.. No links between covens... I cringe at my 15 Year Old self for liking the books... :lisalaugh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,463
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
@RandAlThor slightly off topic, but... since I am in the process of world building
For at least a decade, I have been writing fantasy, I have no desire to publish, but the character designs come to me and I must write for them and part of that is world building, which I enjoy doing very much. lol..
, I have thought about the author (Stephanie Meyer)'s attempt or lack thereof, at worldbuilding, the sh***er the whole series becomes. Thousands of years of vampires and there's one pseudo-government? No real in depth explanation of governance.. No deities.. No origin story.. No cohesive, sophisticated society.. No links between covens... I cringe at my 15 Year Old self for liking the books... :lisalaugh:
Have you checked out Brandon Sanderson's pod casts on writing and his writing group?

he also has recorded lectures and answers questions on reddit alot.
or during his bi weekly streaming s.


Yea even rawlings was lame gotta be wizzards all over the world and we only meet British or EU ones. Voldemort especially would have drawn globally.
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Lool I can't with Ten... I swear :lisalaugh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Have you checked out Brandon Sanderson's pod casts on writing and his writing group?
I will check it out.

Fun fact they're both mormons.. Proof that Mormonism doesn't cause bad writing :lisalaugh:

Yea even rawlings was lame gotta be wizzards all over the world and we only meet British or EU ones. Voldemort especially would have drawn globally.
True. I remember seeing the 1st Fantastic Beasts movie and being more impressed than the whole Harry Potter series, because of the focus on laws and not just the cookie cutter wizardified mortal world, which it seems at times with their similar mores and regulations. Let the 10 year olds go to war.. lmfao.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,463
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I will check it out.

Fun fact they're both mormons.. Proof that Mormonism doesn't cause bad writing :lisalaugh:


True. I remember seeing the 1st Fantastic Beasts movie and being more impressed than the whole Harry Potter series, because of the focus on laws and not just the cookie cutter wizardified mortal world, which it seems at times with their similar mores and regulations. Let the 10 year olds go to war.. lmfao.
i think its called writing excuses but he has a bunch of content and is really helpful about folks who want to write.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
i think its called writing excuses but he has a bunch of content and is really helpful about folks who want to write.
I'll check it out.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Yea even rawlings was lame gotta be wizzards all over the world and we only meet British or EU ones. Voldemort especially would have drawn globally.
Not sure if you knew, because it was news to me, but after the og dumbledore died, Ian McKellen was optioned for the role, but he refused because the previous actor [who died] held homophobic views... and then later (e.g. 2007) Rowland says that Dumbledore is gay... :lisalaugh: , but it would have been cool to have Gandalf play Dumbledore...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,463
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Not sure if you knew, because it was news to me, but after the og dumbledore died, Ian McKellen was optioned for the role, but he refused because the previous actor [who died] held homophobic views... and then later (e.g. 2007) Rowland says that Dumbledore is gay... :lisalaugh: , but it would have been cool to have Gandalf play Dumbledore...
yea that retcon was always annoying.
If she had said it at the start, but it was like oh btw ....

Rawlings has always given me less smart yellow hair vibes.. especially all that early i did not write fantasy stuff :)

its too bad because the new guy was awful is a strong word soo not good :)
 
Last edited:
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
yea that retcon was always annoying.
If she had said it at the start, but it was like oh btw ....
To be fair it was '97 and marketed toward children so they prolly wouldn't have let her do that... plus HP was on a banned book list for some reason. lol.. But she does have a history of giving characters attributes that weren't explicitly present prior. Like dumbledore being gay or Hermione being black.

Rawlings has always given me less smart yellow hair vibes
Explain?

its too bad because the new guy was awful is a strong word soo not good :)
lol.. In the 2nd movie [of fantastic beasts] he is played by Jude Law [which I didn't hate] and a sort of relationship that never became a relationship with Grindlewald... and then thought that his love was toxic so never pursued any sort of romantic relationships. Which romance was never really that much part of the plot, but... why say a character is gay if he's not going to be in a relationship or have sexual conquests. But perhaps sexual conquests would be something more suitable to grrm... or just conquests in general.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
@Emanresu they are talking bad about your movies.
listen... Twilight isn't all bad. It taught me some life lessons. Like when a man crawls into your room at night... he just wants to hold your hand. . . Its a shame because I'd want to do a whole lot more...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Drew_B
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
@RandAlThor not to revive this dead thread... but I figured I'd mention it.. since.. well it occurred to me yesterday. As I was finishing up The Empire Strikes Back yesterday, l couldn't help but think of how well woven the relationship between Han and Leia into the story without sacrificing story time. Perhaps if Meyer had actually came up with a plot for Twilight [because James' introduction seems to be a post hoc revision and doesn't really align with a plotline], used subtlety, had relatable characters, and made vampires who mimic the Anne Rice variant of vampire Twilight would be a lot more tolerable.

And yes I do realize I've committed the mortal sin of using Star Wars in the same paragraph as Twilight. :ilovebread: :lisalaugh: .
 
  • Haha
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,463
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
@RandAlThor not to revive this dead thread... but I figured I'd mention it.. since.. well it occurred to me yesterday. As I was finishing up The Empire Strikes Back yesterday, l couldn't help but think of how well woven the relationship between Han and Leia into the story without sacrificing story time. Perhaps if Meyer had actually came up with a plot for Twilight [because James' introduction seems to be a post hoc revision and doesn't really align with a plotline], used subtlety, had relatable characters, and made vampires who mimic the Anne Rice variant of vampire Twilight would be a lot more tolerable.

And yes I do realize I've committed the mortal sin of using Star Wars in the same paragraph as Twilight. :ilovebread: :lisalaugh: .
any serious vampire fan lost their mind at the sparkly deal series was done then .

i lost it well before then and that chick was one of my most disliked main chars ever. I think by 100 pages in i wanted her dad to shoot her.

let alone i was creped out by 200 year old guys scoring teens and folks cool with it.

another popular series i just tried was the jack Reacher set but i just do not like being in his head its not enjoyable.
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
another popular series i just tried was the jack Reacher set but i just do not like being in his head its not enjoyable.
is it first person narrated?
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread