I discovered this Moonbyul's cover for Girls' Generation's Baby Baby song on her YouTube channel today.
I know she's done other covers, but to see that she was/still is a fan of GG and kind of celebrating their comeback by doing a cover of one of their old songs made me so happy!
I love her singing voice!! Even though she's known more as a rapper.
"Who cares about the past groups paving the way?"
Clearly, people who became fans of KPOP during those early eras.
Along with her and a lot of future female artists were inspired by GG and other older generation groups and vice versa for male artists.
To those unaware, she was and still is a fan of GG before entering the industry, but specifically Taeyeon because she inspired Moonbyul to be a singer and literally followed in her footsteps as far as going to the same training academy.
So, don't crap on the history of previous generations of KPOP!! It meant a lot to future artists and fans!!
And it did NOT suddenly appear only a handful of years ago!!