Official Post Your Random Thoughts (435 Viewers)

shadow

.
.
Joined
10 April 2023
Messages
24,012
Reactions Received
19,103
Location
uran
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
97,644
Fandom
uwanator
Ship
idek wtf reserving cards has anything to do with me asking you the night before the next day if I can grab those cards. I literally asked you that like 4 hours before the next day happened, why are you treating it as if I asked you for them like 24 hours or so ago lmfao.
Did you even read the whole post that I wrote before you gave me that long ass response???
 

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,687
Reactions Received
9,728
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,649
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
I wanna write an essay on how Kateye's Gnarly fails as a song and name it 'capitalism is gnarly'
I think the main point would be that if it wasn't sung by a K-pop group then it would be good. The context of buying a demo that was a JOKE from a niche POC hyper artist (which is legal and okay on the surface by the way) then expanding on it for a group with no sound identity and no creative influence into their own work really messes up how I see it. And the fact that it's gotten so popular despite the reviews I've seen being overwhelmingly negative just goes to show that capitalism always wins in the end. You don't care if it sounds good, you just parasocially care if your faves are singing it. And this thought unfortunately ruins a lot of the fandom and culture, nobody wants to listen to K-pop because we are seen loving the artist's looks more than what they actually sing.
The good thing about 2nd gen - early 4th gen (I can't speak on 1st gen) is that the creative teams for K-pop acts seemed to work in tandem with sound and visual concepts. They would build on one another, it worked. Now, and of course there are exceptions and we can talk all day long on who they are, I think many people would agree with me if I said there's no K-pop structure within the songs anymore. Maximalism? Gone. Thought out verses? Gone. Bridges? BRIDGES? Fuck outta here! Dicographies like txt's have been nerfed in recent memory to fit the status quo when teams used to use that secure commercial fandom to give us some of the best music we've ever listened.
The problem with Gnarly is that showcases my deepest fears about the future of K-pop. The bastardisation of genres rooted in black and queer cultures (which, to be fair, has been going on for a while), the loss of what made K-pop K-pop, the loss of innovation in an oligarchy, Hybe's business structure squeezing out the mid-tier groups, and the systemic expansion into the West, which includes abuse and exploitation.

'it doesn't that deep' shut up it is.
 
Joined
7 August 2022
Messages
782
Reactions Received
1,866
Location
New Zealand
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,599
Fandom
Army, MOA, COER
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I think the main point would be that if it wasn't sung by a K-pop group then it would be good. The context of buying a demo that was a JOKE from a niche POC hyper artist (which is legal and okay on the surface by the way) then expanding on it for a group with no sound identity and no creative influence into their own work really messes up how I see it. And the fact that it's gotten so popular despite the reviews I've seen being overwhelmingly negative just goes to show that capitalism always wins in the end. You don't care if it sounds good, you just parasocially care if your faves are singing it. And this thought unfortunately ruins a lot of the fandom and culture, nobody wants to listen to K-pop because we are seen loving the artist's looks more than what they actually sing.
The good thing about 2nd gen - early 4th gen (I can't speak on 1st gen) is that the creative teams for K-pop acts seemed to work in tandem with sound and visual concepts. They would build on one another, it worked. Now, and of course there are exceptions and we can talk all day long on who they are, I think many people would agree with me if I said there's no K-pop structure within the songs anymore. Maximalism? Gone. Thought out verses? Gone. Bridges? BRIDGES? Fuck outta here! Dicographies like txt's have been nerfed in recent memory to fit the status quo when teams used to use that secure commercial fandom to give us some of the best music we've ever listened.
The problem with Gnarly is that showcases my deepest fears about the future of K-pop. The bastardisation of genres rooted in black and queer cultures (which, to be fair, has been going on for a while), the loss of what made K-pop K-pop, the loss of innovation in an oligarchy, Hybe's business structure squeezing out the mid-tier groups, and the systemic expansion into the West, which includes abuse and exploitation.

'it doesn't that deep' shut up it is.
yeah I don't know but I disagree with a few points like, txt's discographies despite me thinking that Sanctuary is like one of txt's best albums and saying that Maximalism is gone while groups like xikers and all(h)ours still exist.
and I'm not sure, what you meant about HYBE's business structure, can you clarify about that.
 

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,687
Reactions Received
9,728
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,649
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
I also don't wanna ruin people's fun with K-pop, a lot of people use it for escapism and I can see why, but if you can't see the layers
yeah I don't know but I disagree with a few points like, txt's discographies despite me thinking that Sanctuary is like one of txt's best albums and saying that Maximalism is gone while groups like xikers and all(h)ours still exist.
and I'm not sure, what you meant about HYBE's business structure, can you clarify about that.
allhours is great, but there's no energy in many releases this year. March was great for bgs because there was this peak of energy with the boyz and the wind namely. And I fully disagree with you, sanctuary all sound like demoes and should be reworked into actual songs, like at least try you know?

Hybe has a go big or go home kinda mentality to them, they must have their groups soaking up the limelight, they need to be in the every corner of the market including markets that haven't even been breached yet and it's suffocating the industry, you either have to be the biggest group on the planet or else they don't care and will put them in the dungeon. This mentality affects smaller groups, their already small chance of getting a good amount of secure fans have grown smaller. We used to have a lot of groups that littered the industry with a sizeable fandom, but the the number of the groups are shrinking. It's less likely a small company is able to crack a portion of the market, the only group in recent memory to have done this is S2 with Kofl which, yeah they aren't gonna hit their popularity peak every again. As the capitalism of the bigger companies grow less and less companies will be able to stay afloat and truly then K-pop will be fucked.
 
Joined
7 August 2022
Messages
782
Reactions Received
1,866
Location
New Zealand
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,599
Fandom
Army, MOA, COER
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I also don't wanna ruin people's fun with K-pop, a lot of people use it for escapism and I can see why, but if you can't see the layers

allhours is great, but there's no energy in many releases this year. March was great for bgs because there was this peak of energy with the boyz and the wind namely. And I fully disagree with you, sanctuary all sound like demoes and should be reworked into actual songs, like at least try you know?

Hybe has a go big or go home kinda mentality to them, they must have their groups soaking up the limelight, they need to be in the every corner of the market including markets that haven't even been breached yet and it's suffocating the industry, you either have to be the biggest group on the planet or else they don't care and will put them in the dungeon. This mentality affects smaller groups, their already small chance of getting a good amount of secure fans have grown smaller. We used to have a lot of groups that littered the industry with a sizeable fandom, but the the number of the groups are shrinking. It's less likely a small company is able to crack a portion of the market, the only group in recent memory to have done this is S2 with Kofl which, yeah they aren't gonna hit their popularity peak every again. As the capitalism of the bigger companies grow less and less companies will be able to stay afloat and truly then K-pop will be fucked.
I don't think sanctuary sounds like demos, it's just that it's more "strip down" which it fine since it's works with this album via, the boys performance
and as for hybe, I disagree with saying "will put them in the dungeon" since &team exist and while, &team isn't the most popular group in HYBE, they are objectivity the most active in terms of releasing music compare to other hybe groups.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,180
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,696
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I need to perk up
 

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,687
Reactions Received
9,728
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,649
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
I don't think sanctuary sounds like demos, it's just that it's more "strip down" which it fine since it's works with this album via, the boys performance
and as for hybe, I disagree with saying "will put them in the dungeon" since &team exist and while, &team isn't the most popular group in HYBE, they are objectivity the most active in terms of releasing music compare to other hybe groups.
I'm talking more about groups like nu'est, fromis, gfriend and njz honestly. ateam are saved cause they're in Japan so they don't gotta do much in Korea except recruit some of the international kpop fans. Groups like tws, bnd, and especially lsfm and illit gotta make sure their grip on the public don't slip away
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,180
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,696
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
t-1000 wins

mk1-kombat-pack-2.jpg
 
Joined
7 August 2022
Messages
782
Reactions Received
1,866
Location
New Zealand
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,599
Fandom
Army, MOA, COER
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I'm talking more about groups like nu'est, fromis, gfriend and njz honestly. ateam are saved cause they're in Japan so they don't gotta do much in Korea except recruit some of the international kpop fans. Groups like tws, bnd, and especially lsfm and illit gotta make sure their grip on the public don't slip away
well, I don't know much about nu'est, fromis or gfriend since I didn't listen to at all, I can disagree with new jeans tho.
they kinda shoot themselves on the foot with their BBC interview unless, you are talking about them when they are under HYBE/Ador.
 
  • Like
Reactions: shadow

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,687
Reactions Received
9,728
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,649
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
well, I don't know much about nu'est, fromis or gfriend since I didn't listen to at all, I can disagree with new jeans tho.
they kinda shoot themselves on the foot with their BBC interview unless, you are talking about them when they are under HYBE/Ador.
Lol hot take but I'll always be on NJZ's side. Don't care if they don't have evidence. They're young girls in such an abusive and exploitative. If it was a just world every idol, not just under hybe, but under every company would be speaking up.
 
Joined
7 August 2022
Messages
782
Reactions Received
1,866
Location
New Zealand
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,599
Fandom
Army, MOA, COER
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Lol hot take but I'll always be on NJZ's side. Don't care if they don't have evidence. They're young girls in such an abusive and exploitative. If it was a just world every idol, not just under hybe, but under every company would be speaking up.
yeah but like, I have no reason why I should be on their side, to be honest.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,180
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,696
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Repeat song can be annoying somewhat
 

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,687
Reactions Received
9,728
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,649
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,180
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,696
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Rise again always at the bottom
 
Joined
7 August 2022
Messages
782
Reactions Received
1,866
Location
New Zealand
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,599
Fandom
Army, MOA, COER
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Because they're in an exploitative industry, that's why
we know but like. c'mon man.
there is a time, where consequences have actions and defending them wouldn't let them grow as an adult.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread

  • snsd2beg