- Joined
- 10 April 2023
- Messages
- 24,012
- Reactions Received
- 19,103
- Location
- uran
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 97,644
- Fandom
- uwanator
- Ship
EXACTLYYYYYYYYY SOMEBODY HAD TO SAY IT!!!! good lord I wish the Australian high school ATAR system would fucking change already because this is getting utterly ridiculous and it’s already setting ppl up for failure and even more torture than ever AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I remember a classmate of mine had to do a topic regarding the ATAR as part of a debate topic in English class when we were in year 11 and that was the only presentation that got the whole class interested in!! NAHHHHH CAUSE I CAN GO ON ALL DAY ABOUT HOW FUCKING OF A SHITHOLE THIS WHOLE ATAR SYSTEM IS LIKE IS THE ATAR SYSTEM SERIOUSLY MENTAL OR SMTH???Girl the fucking competition it breeds is wild like I go to a public school, but it's a public school in such an academic area that we got two types of people: people who don't give a shit and are trying their best (me), people who are TOO UP THEIR ASSES IN THEIR RANKINGS LIKE GIRL IT'S ONLY HIGH SCHOOL (also me). The whole system (espeically hsc don't get me started on this shit) just breeds fucking competitiveness AND THE SUBJECT SCALING HELLO!? HOW THE HELL IS BIOLOGY AND PDHPE SO LOW WHEN THEY'RE HARD AF?!?!?! Sorry I can go on all day about this shit
cert IV is tafe right? I'm honestly considering doing tafe after uni cause I'm going to uni for the fun of it. As in, idk what job I'll get out of it I just wanna go cause I like what I'm gonna study (linguistics, fingers crossed). I wouldn't mind being a librarian. But I know that though there aren't much jobs in linguistics it's such a niche area that I'll probably find something
Girl honestly I wish I have that mindset, but the ATAR is in 10 days and that's all I have on my mind. I just need 80. That's all I need. Fucking hate how I'm being compared to other students though.
yeah, cert iv is tafe but they also have some cert iv courses in some unis too. I’m sure you’ll find a particular course in there that’ll suit you :))
I understand - I just don’t get why there has to be competitiveness among the rankings with other students in the cohort like……💀 and then the top students in the school that get the highest atars amongst the rest of their peers will get the awards for it the early next year at an assembly in the high school that they went to and graduate from…lol like props to them like seriously idk how they manage to get that high of an ATAR themselves like just wow :0 respect!!