Rap or Vocal? (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Which one matters more in a group you Stan?
In a majority of the groups I Stan, (SNSD, Gfriend sorry DJ Sowon, Cherry Bullet, Girl's Day etc) dont have a rapline or have decent rappers at best. Not only that but I usually prefer the rappers to sing
I'm not that into go Khiphop tbh :lazypotato:
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Faces
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
Well all the groups I stan and even the soloists have good vocals (Solji, Yuju, Wheein, Seunghee, Chuu, Ailee & NC.A) however only 3 groups have good rap (LE, Moonbyul & Mimi) with the other 2 groups having average to no rap.
 
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It depend on the group I am listening to. For gg, I care more about the vocal and usually don't care much for the rap part. For bg, it depend on the group and I also male rapper with deep voice.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Vocals are more important.
(But ideally, both.)

Vocals generally take up more of the track and for Kpop I prefer melodic songs more. It's hard to tolerate bad vocals.

Ironically a lot of the groups I stan are good or better at rap, like B.A.P, Block B, Monsta X, iKON...

I really like K-hiphop though (for non-idol artists).
 
Last edited:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Vocals, if a group doesn’t have that strong of rappers then I’m fine with that but if I don’t like their vocals I probably wouldn’t really like their music.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Vocals are more important.
(But ideally, both.)

Vocals generally take up more of the track and for Kpop I prefer melodic songs more. It's hard to tolerate bad vocals.

Ironically a lot of the groups I stan are good or better at rap, like B.A.P, Block B, Monsta X, iKON...

I really like K-hiphop though (for non-idol artists).
Lol this is the most surprising reply in this thread :jisoosmh:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I love KHH but when it comes down to idol groups I rather have them not rap than just anyone doing a rap part just because the company feels like it's needed.
Vocals are what makes or breaks the song. It's what needs alot of attention.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread