- Joined
- 21 February 2019
- Messages
- 59,691
- Reactions Received
- 93,488
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 188,924
- Fandom
- WizSoneLuv
this is really impressive.
They were already great!
Interview with Red Velvet's A&R Team for Velvet Summer: “I was surprised at every moment because the members’ singing skills had improved so much compared to when we were preparing the group album 2 years ago. The moment when I most strongly realized how mature their abilities had become was when the members showed a high level of understanding of their vocal harmony. Every member did a good job interpreting what kind of vocal style they needed to use in order to harmonize with the other members’ vocals to create a polished result. They also exchanged feedback with one another and worked well to match each other, so recording was easy every time. Rather than monitoring their own vocals only, I think it struck me anew that they had studied each other’s vocals extensively. If I could briefly mention just one more thing, Red Velvet is famous for being masters of harmonies, aren’t they? When it comes to harmonies, the parts aren’t pre-determined. We usually ask the members to do them spontaneously during recording. The fact that not a single member lacked anything and were immediately able to pick up the lines and sing them perfectly was also a moment that I think demonstrated the capabilities of the Red Velvet members. Lastly, if there’s one thing I’d like to emphasize, it’s that just as Red Velvet showed a new ‘Velvet Summer’ through this summer mini album, there are still many sides of the group Red Velvet that they can show musically, and they plan to come with a variety of music in the future as well, so I would appreciate it if you continue to seek out Red Velvet’s music.”
They were already great!
Interview with Red Velvet's A&R Team for Velvet Summer: “I was surprised at every moment because the members’ singing skills had improved so much compared to when we were preparing the group album 2 years ago. The moment when I most strongly realized how mature their abilities had become was when the members showed a high level of understanding of their vocal harmony. Every member did a good job interpreting what kind of vocal style they needed to use in order to harmonize with the other members’ vocals to create a polished result. They also exchanged feedback with one another and worked well to match each other, so recording was easy every time. Rather than monitoring their own vocals only, I think it struck me anew that they had studied each other’s vocals extensively. If I could briefly mention just one more thing, Red Velvet is famous for being masters of harmonies, aren’t they? When it comes to harmonies, the parts aren’t pre-determined. We usually ask the members to do them spontaneously during recording. The fact that not a single member lacked anything and were immediately able to pick up the lines and sing them perfectly was also a moment that I think demonstrated the capabilities of the Red Velvet members. Lastly, if there’s one thing I’d like to emphasize, it’s that just as Red Velvet showed a new ‘Velvet Summer’ through this summer mini album, there are still many sides of the group Red Velvet that they can show musically, and they plan to come with a variety of music in the future as well, so I would appreciate it if you continue to seek out Red Velvet’s music.”