Response thread to those who eat sushi with chopsticks (1 Viewer)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Do you pick up nigiri sushi with chopsticks? If so then I have something to say to you...

You are eating it wrong!

That's right.



​




Put down those chopsticks and pick up the sushi with your fingers!!!! :nayeonisdone:




✅✅✅

​
and for the love of god. If you mix wasabi into the soy stop. STOP! JUST STOP RIGHT THERE
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
I don't eat nigiri sushi at all :wimwim:
I'm more of a sashimi guy. But when you can get nigiri for around $1 a piece. That makes for a cheap meal :sj_weary:
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Also, people who dip rice of nigiri in soy sauce disgust me.
That's a major faux pas in Japan and it will warrant a few locals (myself included) giving you the side eye lol
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
What about people like me who just pour the soy sauce on top of the sushi?
:susPepe:
There's a special place in hell for people like you :irenecrazy:

I had caterpillar sushi at a restaurant before. I just ate it all with my hands or a fork (?). It's all the same to me.
Do I want to even ask what is on top of caterpillar sushi :susPepe:
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
How else are you supposed to do it?!
Pick up the sushi between your fingers. Twist the nigiri between your fingers slightly and gently brush the topping with the soy sauce.

(another hack that you can do is use chopsticks to pick up a bit of ginger. Dip the ginger into the soy sauce and then brush the topping of the nigiri)
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: TXT and Walnutt

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
.
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,274
Reactions Received
21,574
Location
Wherever Seulgi wants me to be
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348
Pick up the sushi between your fingers. Twist the nigiri between your fingers slightly and gently brush the topping with the soy sauce.

(another hack that you can do is use chopsticks to pick up a bit of ginger. Dip the ginger into the soy sauce and then brush the topping of the nigiri)
That's too fancy. I'm a dipper at a nice restaurant and a pourer everywhere else
 
  • Like
Reactions: SeulPika

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
That's too fancy. I'm a dipper at a nice restaurant and a pourer everywhere else
Just never do that in Japan though :irenecrazy:

Western styled sushi is the Great Value version of Japanese sushi
I'm not a fan of Western style sushi. I'm quite the traditionalist when it comes to my sushi.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TXT and Mayday

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread