Ok so like here is my thing. I think I could've really liked this comeback if they had completely destroyed the chorus and got rid of the beat drop. I seriously despise the chorus of this song because the verses and the one verse within the beat drop and at the end of the beat drops that aren't "Fly like a butterfly" is the BEST part of the chorus. But I seriously hate the stylization of the chorus. The oddly high, squeaky, and aggravating " Fly like a butterfly" and the "wings wings wings" parts make me want to fucking DIE. I HATE THEM SO FUCKING MUCH.
The beat drop seems so out of place. I seriously would've ADORED if this song had some real vocally powerful moments within the chorus but they went with high pitched short vocals and a beat drop instead...IT INFURIATES ME. Despite constantly referring to myself as a ballad or slow song hater I can vibe with a good R&B track with good vocals and a nice harmonization on the chorus with a vocal stand out and everything being cohesive.
If I listened to it on repeat I MAY get into it but then I'll step away from it for like a month or weeks and comeback to hear it again and HATE IT AGAIN. I can't stand it.