Slow Burn Stan (1 Viewer)

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Slow Burn Stan



Anyone stan a group where their affection and ultimate stanning was a "slow-burn"?

By that I mean it wasn't an instant "love them". It took time. You may have known of them and liked a few songs or followed them casually for a length of time.... and then at some point your affection built up to the point you realized.... "Well shoot... I like these guys/girls too much. I guess I stan now."


Most of my stans are immediate or very quick in terms of assessment. For SNSD I fell in love immediately (spurned on by my Yoona obsession) and similarly with TWICE I loved them immediately (Tzuyu contributing immensely).

On the other hand....

RED VELVET was a slow burn for me.

I didn't have any members that I immediately latched onto emotionally to jump start an attachment. And while I loved a few songs, I didn't really become enamored with the group or its dynamic right away.

It took awhile.

After about a year of knowing of them and casually following them..... Around Rookie something changed.

I started to "get it". The whole group. Their themes and oscillation between their Red and Velvet sides. I started to feel attachment to the members, and just generally started to click with them.

The slow burn finally ignited into a glorious flame!

Reveluv I had become.



What about you? Any slow burn stanning stories?



 
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
For me it was Bts.
When I got into kpop I was mostly into girl groups, but Bts was everywhere lol so I checked out Blood sweet and tears and to be honest I wasn't really a fan of it at first listen so I dropped them right away :D but later I was still curious about them so I went back to their debut song and watched all their mvs (well most, they have a lot mvs)
it took like 3-4 months for me to stan them actually, which we can consider slow burn

idk about my other faves, I know that exid was love for first sight :pandalove:
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Stanning Red Velvet is a slow process.
Even the members I like, I don't feel much of a connection to
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I've only had this really happen with Day6.
I enjoyed a few of their songs and I knew Jae from ASC, but I didn't really get into them super fast like the rest of the groups I stan. I slowly listened to their discography and didn't really feel interested in the group until the end of their project that they did where they released a song each month for a year. I think it took so long because at that time I couldn't find a lot of Day6 content so I never really felt 'connected'' I guess with the members. But now they're one of my favorite groups.
:pandalove:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,387
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I guess BAP, when I first started listening to kpop I heard some of their songs and loved them, but I got distracted by other groups and didnt look deeply into them until months later. Once I did, I fell in love with their songs, and now, theyre my ult group. Same to an extent with Monsta X, though I only knew a couple of their songs originally.
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
385
Reactions Received
1,411
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pentagon. I heard their debut song when it was released (October 2016) and I loved it, but I didn't consider stanning them at the time. Then I kinda drifted away from them and it wasn't until September/October 2017 that I listened to Like This and their album. My love just instantly 'renewed' for them (accompanied by the "omg it's that group?? it's the same group???"), and they became one of my bias groups. I'm still a bit annoyed at myself for sleeping on them all that time lol but better late than never!
 
Joined
10 November 2018
Messages
4,566
Reactions Received
27,371
Location
Eden
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Loona was a slow-burn for me but now they are my ult group. I didn't feel any attachment with members and liked few songs from them but mortie kept recommending them and they eventually became my ult group.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Neckologist

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
TWICE
I found their songs catchy and they were my guilty pleasure.
I stanned Sana and respected the other members, the girls had my undying respect for their hard work.
It was only since Likey and What Is Love? that I decided I really like them
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread