Appreciation So the voice behind golden Kim Eunjae was a long time SM trainee (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,463
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
makes sense.

10 year trainee.

Congrats on finding a path.

Kim Eunjae


@mysteric
I do not remember her in any pre rv chatter or any snsd debut only Hwanhee and Chanmi in the 91 range. . for a moment i thought they meant Stella Kim who did leave to go back to school for family reasons but she was a 90 not a 91.
unless she came back after rv debut even then i dont remember.
Odd that they would bail on such a vocal wit song writing talent. Especially when they were lusting so hard for a Soyeon after idle.

You have any recollection?

unless it The Kim Ye-jin mentioned in here names do get a bit fried.

 
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,041
Reactions Received
52,938
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
171,018
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
makes sense.

10 year trainee.

Congrats on finding a path.

Kim Eunjae


@mysteric
I do not remember her in any pre rv chatter or any snsd debut only Hwanhee and Chanmi in the 91 range. . for a moment i thought they meant Stella Kim who did leave to go back to school for family reasons but she was a 90 not a 91.
unless she came back after rv debut even then i dont remember.
Odd that they would bail on such a vocal wit song writing talent. Especially when they were lusting so hard for a Soyeon after idle.

You have any recollection?

unless it The Kim Ye-jin mentioned in here names do get a bit fried.

From the Wikipedia article on Ejae, my speculation/pulled from nowhere is the 10 yr training might be from 2003-2012 between SNSD OT9 n SM rookies since she isn't mentioned in "The Making of SNSD" or SM Rookies(from my non existent Google search).

She might be too unready in 2007/2009 for debut. Or if she trained from 2006-2015 or thereabouts

In 2014 Irene wasn't too old to debut in Red Velvet, so if Ejae was considered too old I don't know wat the writers saying SM considering Ejae too old to debut! Too many unconfirmed stuff, I can't imagine SM hvg Ejae as a trainee from age 10/11/12/13 to 20/21/22/23 as all the pre-RV/aespa girlies quit or left before they hit 16/17/18(?) Only Irene, Karina, Giselle, winter n ningning(& Victoria) lasted until at least 18/19/20 as trainee until debut.

I take it with a grain of salt (1)Ejae trained for 10 yrs at SM , & together (2) she was considered too old to debut.

Also it's mentioned after she left SM she moved to US full-time to study so from her age I'm guessing 2009/2010/2011/2012 before SM Rookies existed. So (1) is possible I think but not combined with (2) unless SM/Ejae or someone believable says the year(s).

Still she worked on Psycho(RV), drama(aespa) n birthday(RV) which is no mean feat! Even soyeon's compositions' success are a combination of her writing/producing/performing talents(I note her(soyeon) solo effort Beam Beam/Windy(which i liked, n posted threads n the unheralded solo artist thread here) made limited headway non-neverland's hearts. It's mostly her talents in making songs for i-dle n other acts like QWER tat show her skills as a writer/composer.

Ejae has much broader market for her talents writing(or co-writing/co-composing) for hyo, billlie, TWICE/MISAMO, nmixx, le sserafim , Lightsum, Kep1er, fifty fifty And even Irene's Like A Flower!

From the cites at wikipedia(from 2014!):
1000022375.jpg

If this is actually Ejae ofc, I can't tell in comparison to this(11 yrs apart):
1000022377.jpg

I don't accept the explanation/reason as being too old but just SM not finding her acceptable to debut at any point(tho I can't explain why SM trained her 10 yrs!)

Go Ejae! I love Golden when it's sung by a fluent English speaker, otherwise it sounds too flat n non-evocative of the themes of the song as I feel/understand it to be(the exception in my view is Nmixx's lily who just powers thru without subtlety, to me her cover seems too excessive/all high notes without much variation whereas I think the original n ailee's cover hv much nuance!)
 
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,463
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
From the Wikipedia article on Ejae, my speculation/pulled from nowhere is the 10 yr training might be from 2003-2012 between SNSD OT9 n SM rookies since she isn't mentioned in "The Making of SNSD" or SM Rookies(from my non existent Google search).

She might be too unready in 2007/2009 for debut. Or if she trained from 2006-2015 or thereabouts

In 2014 Irene wasn't too old to debut in Red Velvet, so if Ejae was considered too old I don't know wat the writers saying SM considering Ejae too old to debut! Too many unconfirmed stuff, I can't imagine SM hvg Ejae as a trainee from age 10/11/12/13 to 20/21/22/23 as all the pre-RV/aespa girlies quit or left before they hit 16/17/18(?) Only Irene, Karina, Giselle, winter n ningning(& Victoria) lasted until at least 18/19/20 as trainee until debut.

I take it with a grain of salt (1)Ejae trained for 10 yrs at SM , & together (2) she was considered too old to debut.

Also it's mentioned after she left SM she moved to US full-time to study so from her age I'm guessing 2009/2010/2011/2012 before SM Rookies existed. So (1) is possible I think but not combined with (2) unless SM/Ejae or someone believable says the year(s).

Still she worked on Psycho(RV), drama(aespa) n birthday(RV) which is no mean feat! Even soyeon's compositions' success are a combination of her writing/producing/performing talents(I note her(soyeon) solo effort Beam Beam/Windy(which i liked, n posted threads n the unheralded solo artist thread here) made limited headway non-neverland's hearts. It's mostly her talents in making songs for i-dle n other acts like QWER tat show her skills as a writer/composer.

Ejae has much broader market for her talents writing(or co-writing/co-composing) for hyo, billlie, TWICE/MISAMO, nmixx, le sserafim , Lightsum, Kep1er, fifty fifty And even Irene's Like A Flower!

From the cites at wikipedia(from 2014!):
1000022375.jpg

If this is actually Ejae ofc, I can't tell in comparison to this(11 yrs apart):
1000022377.jpg

I don't accept the explanation/reason as being too old but just SM not finding her acceptable to debut at any point(tho I can't explain why SM trained her 10 yrs!)

Go Ejae! I love Golden when it's sung by a fluent English speaker, otherwise it sounds too flat n non-evocative of the themes of the song as I feel/understand it to be(the exception in my view is Nmixx's lily who just powers thru without subtlety, to me her cover seems too excessive/all high notes without much variation whereas I think the original n ailee's cover hv much nuance!)
I cant figure it out. it like the 10 years os not contiguous. so maybe she trained with SNSD then did leave and go to school at teh time of the RV purge that left just Irene and Seulgi of the older girls.

As to covers i would love a Wendy or Taeyeon who both can bring that loneliness and suffering to light.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,041
Reactions Received
52,938
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
171,018
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I cant figure it out. it like the 10 years os not contiguous. so maybe she trained with SNSD then did leave and go to school at teh time of the RV purge that left just Irene and Seulgi of the older girls.
....
If u look at the pictures of Eunjae 10 yrs apart(n if they're both of Ejae) I think the too old reason isn't quite true n the real reason is SM dint think Kim Eunjae dint fit the SM criteria for her to debut(which to me still begs the question why train her for 10 yrs?) The cites at wikipedia only go back to 2014 as far as I noticed so I guess her 10 yrs training at SM ended before then. If the pic in 2014 is of Ejae(n she is the granddaughter of Shin Young-gyun whoever the he'll tat is) it might explain why SM kept her on as trainee for 10 yrs(n also why SM nvr debuted in a group or solo, tho SM has had only a few soloists not part of a group ie BoA, j-min, Jang nara n Zhang liyin).

Overall a puzzle, as I stated earlier(tho if any confirmed dates were known it might be less puzzling. Or maybe not)


....
As to covers i would love a Wendy or Taeyeon who both can bring that loneliness and suffering to light.
Wendy might make a great cover of Golden, or Jessica! Maybe a duet with Krystal! to emulate the original(or Jessica, Krystal n either Tiffany/Wendy as a trio!)
 
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,463
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
If u look at the pictures of Eunjae 10 yrs apart(n if they're both of Ejae) I think the too old reason isn't quite true n the real reason is SM dint think Kim Eunjae dint fit the SM criteria for her to debut(which to me still begs the question why train her for 10 yrs?) The cites at wikipedia only go back to 2014 as far as I noticed so I guess her 10 yrs training at SM ended before then. If the pic in 2014 is of Ejae(n she is the granddaughter of Shin Young-gyun whoever the he'll tat is) it might explain why SM kept her on as trainee for 10 yrs(n also why SM nvr debuted in a group or solo, tho SM has had only a few soloists not part of a group ie BoA, j-min, Jang nara n Zhang liyin).

Overall a puzzle, as I stated earlier(tho if any confirmed dates were known it might be less puzzling. Or maybe not)



Wendy might make a great cover of Golden, or Jessica! Maybe a duet with Krystal! to emulate the original(or Jessica, Krystal n either Tiffany/Wendy as a trio!)
Jung sis would be Epic!!
 
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread