Solars reasoning for not auditioning for SM (2 Viewers)

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,254
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,857
Ship
Wreck
During the January 17 broadcast of the KBS 2TV music talk show, host Yoo Hee Yeol asked Solar how she ended up becoming a singer. The MAMAMOO leader replied, “By chance, I happened to be singing [at an event] on the street, and someone who worked in the music industry was there. That person contacted me and said, ‘You should definitely try becoming a singer.'”

“But back then, I wasn’t thinking of becoming a singer,” Solar went on. “So I turned down the offer. At the time, I wanted to become a flight attendant, and I was preparing to become one, but I couldn’t stop thinking about [singing] after that. Because I did love singing. So I kept debating whether I should give it a try, and I finally decided, ‘Let’s do this.'”

“So from then on, I started going to lots and lots of auditions,” said Solar. “I think I went through about 50 auditions. But I failed nearly every single one.”

Yoo Hee Yeol remarked, “I heard that you auditioned for every agency except SM. Why did you leave out SM when you were auditioning?”

Solar replied with a laugh, “Because of my appearance, I decided to remove myself from the pool on my own.” Yoo Hee Yeol protested disapprovingly, “What are you talking about?” before asking, “So you just chose not to audition for SM because you thought you wouldn’t get in?”

“Yes,” responded Solar. “I knew all too well that I wouldn’t get in, so I thought, ‘Let’s not give myself unnecessary heartache.’ I decided to audition elsewhere instead.”

Source​
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it makes me upset that she was having that opinion in regards of auditioning for SM.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,254
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,857
Ship
Wreck
it makes me upset that she was having that opinion in regards of auditioning for SM.
It's pretty surprising since I think out of the Big 3 i'd say Solar fits in SM the most.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It's pretty surprising since I think out of the Big 3 i'd say Solar fits in SM the most.
exactly. and SM does value singing talent too so I do think she could have been picked.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,254
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,857
Ship
Wreck
exactly. and SM does value singing talent too so I do think she could have been picked.
Only reason I could see her not getting in would be her age playing against her but apart from that I think she's definitely someone SM would go for.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Only reason I could see her not getting in would be her age playing against her but apart from that I think she's definitely someone SM would go for.
yes only age could be a reason for not getting in. I can really see her getting picked by SM.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,664
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,322
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think that she could have make it that’s why I am glad that she didn’t try. She is perfect for a group like Mamamoo. :pikahappy:
Yep but a group with Wendy Solar Seulgi Joy Irene Yeri. Would be tempting. But she is a month older than Irene. Not sure i could live without leader Bae. :)
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,664
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,322
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
A six members group ?
Yea they would still need Yeri.
Yem gets a ton of crap from OT4 stans or some fans in general, but she makes RV better.

Do not get me Wrong RV is perfect, but if Youngsun made it into SM i do not see them not putting her in the group.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,254
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,857
Ship
Wreck
Yea they would still need Yeri.
Yem gets a ton of crap from OT4 stans or some fans in general, but she makes RV better.

Do not get me Wrong RV is perfect, but if Youngsun made it into SM i do not see them not putting her in the group.
They'd kinda have to put her in Red Velvet if they accepted her since I doubt she auditioned long enough ago to have gotten into Girls' Generation or f(x) and she'd just be too old for the new girl group.

It would weight Red Velvet pretty heavy on the older side though as Solar and Irene are two of the oldest third gen female idols still active so idk if SM would go for that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,664
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,322
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
They'd kinda have to put her in Red Velvet if they accepted her since I doubt she auditioned long enough ago to have gotten into Girls' Generation or f(x) and she'd just be too old for the new girl group.

It would weight Red Velvet pretty heavy on the older side though as Solar and Irene are two of the oldest third gen female idols still active so idk if SM would go for that.
Yep yep.
I do find it a bit crazy that 50 folks passed on her. Like seriously how bad were those auditions? Shoot how bad could they have been.

Maybe they just did not see her in their concept but wow.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Abeamus

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,254
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,857
Ship
Wreck
Yep yep.
I do find it a bit crazy that 50 folks passed on her. Like seriously how bad were those auditions? Shoot how bad could they have been.

Maybe they just did not see her in their concept but wow.
It is pretty crazy how she was shot down that many times but Seunghees audition with WM was also her last audition so who knows what companies are looking for exactly when people like Solar and Seunghee seem to have a hard time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,664
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,322
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
It is pretty crazy how she was shot down that many times but Seunghees audition with WM was also her last audition so who knows what companies are looking for exactly when people like Solar and Seunghee seem to have a hard time.
Yea, and i am even rethinking the concept deal. Talent like those 2 have allows versatility.
Maybe the age Youngsun would have to have been 20 ish k age they would need to have a group ready in say a 2-3 year window.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Abeamus

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Yep but a group with Wendy Solar Seulgi Joy Irene Yeri. Would be tempting. But she is a month older than Irene. Not sure i could live without leader Bae. :)
No no no! Nothing against Solar.


But I must have my Irene Mother.

It would have been all wrong without her leading the pups.

:irenecrazy: :haylul:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,664
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,322
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
No no no! Nothing against Solar.


But I must have my Irene Mother.

It would have been all wrong without her leading the pups.

:irenecrazy: :haylul:
I know gotta have Irene in charge. its just too much fun.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Abeamus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread