COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Some one pissed off SM (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Saw this this morning forgot to post it...
any idea on context?
1609350634297.png

@Sone

oops forgot to expand the post.
1609351041937.png

i remember the dating news that seems odd for this level of reaction.

Last edited:

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I assume it's about Taeyeon's dating rumours. What with this being the official SNSD account that SM is posting from.

That last line though made me laugh... "submit a sue through the law office of the law office of the law of the law of the law..."
:pandatea: :lisalaugh:

How many law offices does the lawsuit have to go through and how many laws do they have. Why can't the first law deal with it?
:jisoosmh: :dubuthink: :jenniesmug:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
SM artists and dating .... first EXO now Girls´ Generation .... I´m not surprised they are angry.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I assume it's about Taeyeon's dating rumours. What with this being the official SNSD account that SM is posting from.

That last line though made me laugh... "submit a sue through the law office of the law office of the law..."
i forgot to expand it ) but year some trans error...
1609350976380.png

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Saw this this morning forgot to post it...
any idea on context?
1609350634297.png

@Sone
There was a petition/call to action on my twt tl to take action action against the freelance reporter who spent christmas surveiling TaeRav for signs of a relationship. I dint join or sign on as i thot it was a freedom of press issue.

But i hope that tabloid journalism doesnt pervade south korean press more than it already has now, taeyeon n ravi deserve privacy to be friends or otherwise.

Yes, protect artists but reporting SM or artists misbehaviour or legitimate journalistic practises shdnt be prevented.its a fine line for me between censorship n freedom of the press, but idk wat prompted this statement, whether its TaeRav or sth else.

Ill hv to wait to see wat happens next.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
what even ...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL

That last line though made me laugh... "submit a sue through the law office of the law office of the law of the law of the law..."

How many law offices does the lawsuit have to go through and how many laws do they have. Why can't the first law deal with it?
ALLOW HER TO DATE RAP KING RAVI
OMG

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
ALLOW HER TO DATE RAP KING RAVI
OMG
I know right. People getting mad (mostly K-netz) at dating news is so damn frustrating.
:jisoosmh: :reallysadcat:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
A group that sues together, stays together :sanapray:

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers

Last scandal they said they have around 20 law offices

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Last scandal they said they have around 20 law offices
i can believe it BoA said her contracts are inches think on that nobody talks to BoA show.(she said she had signed 5 btw IIRC)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
Yeah.. Google Translate is a bad idea..

But you know I'm a big supporter in equal treatment unless certain circumstances give me rise to do otherwise. I must hold SM to the same standards as any American Label... and that would be to tell them to f**k off... Given the fact that this is a k-pop agency just shows that they are hiding under a thin veneer of care for wellbeing of their artist/s, but really what they are saying is, "we will sue anyone who tries to mess with product."

And the hubris for SM to post something like this speaks for itself. lmao

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Yeah.. Google Translate is a bad idea..

But you know I'm a big supporter in equal treatment unless certain circumstances give me rise to do otherwise. I must hold SM to the same standards as any American Label... and that would be to tell them to f**k off... Given the fact that this is a k-pop agency just shows that they are hiding under a thin veneer of care for wellbeing of their artist/s, but really what they are saying is, "we will sue anyone who tries to mess with product."

And the hubris for SM to post something like this speaks for itself. lmao
Laws are very different in Korea. ppl can go to jail over posting. Now what they will do to int people is less clear. It took forever to get a handle on the Canadian guy call ing in bomb threats to apink. He did not get punished despite what i am sure is a serious felony in most of the world.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
Laws are very different in Korea. ppl can go to jail over posting. Now what they will do to int people is less clear. It took forever to get a handle on the Canadian guy call ing in bomb threats to apink. He did not get punished despite what i am sure is a serious felony in most of the world.
Give it time North America will be like that too...

But the spirit of my post still remains valid, at least in my opinion. While laws regarding freedom of the press may be more conservative, as they are, and restrict what can be said, there is still a sense of improper use of power I feel from this post. Although some things are unclear. I was unsure of whether SM, when saying to send evidence of illegal actions if they were talking about people or sources speaking ill about idols without proof or evidence of idol's wrongdoing. If it were the former then that makes it worse. However, if it is the latter, where individuals report wrongdoing on the idols to the agency that just sounds like they are doing the same things I suggested plus trying to handle the scandles before they are scandles, so they may be let go of an agency weeks before the scandal is reported so their damage control is much cleaner.

Regardless of culture though people are going to spread rumors and gossip about others. Its human nature. And the post by SM made it seem like it was coming for those regardless of whether they are associated with a tabloid or news source. It is addressed to online communities and YouTube and social medias. Its very tacky for a big corporation, because that is what SM is, to toss around these threats when in fact they are unlikely to take legal action against those making little $$$ as it would be a loss for them [SM] in filing and court fees... Unless they intend to file suits just to put forth a narrative that they will sue. Its like this Adult Film Corporation that was in the news 10 years ago that was sending mad cease and desist notifications to those illegally downloading their content. Merely a scare tactic.

But it is in the interest of SM to protect their shareholders. I just find it disingenuous to act like they are doing so because of their deep affection for their idols.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread