News Star Wars Writer FIRED Over Rose Tico?! The High Republic Delayed To 2021! (2 Viewers)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male

Today in Star Wars news:​

  1. A freelancer for StarWars.com was fired for tweeting out support for the character Rose Tico in The Rise of Skywalker.​
  2. Upcoming Star Wars comic, The High Republic has been delayed to January 2021.​
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
WHAT THE..... this is somehow so funny yet sad in a way omg
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Omg why? Whats wrong with supporting character from their own franchise?
He was criticising the fact that she didn't get enough screen time in the third movie but all that he did was use a hashtag smh
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
He was criticising the fact that she didn't get enough screen time in the third movie but all that he did was use a hashtag smh
Oh it was criticism.. but thats nth bad.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Don't worry, he said that Disney is the lowest paying company he works for anyway lol

OMG THE LATRICE SHADE GIF FITS THIS SITUATION SO WELL
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
All he did was tweet #RoseTicoDeservedBetter... and they were like,

Thats stupid. If he didnt have opinions he wouldnt even be good writer.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Damn people really hate Rose Tico, I remember the actess had to delete her social media back when just coz she was getting so much hate :wimwim:
Tbh I'm completely over the Franchise after the last 2 movies so whatever lol. Next story better have no connection to the entire Skywalker saga.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Damn people really hate Rose Tico, I remember the actess had to delete her social media back when just coz she was getting so much hate :wimwim:
Tbh I'm completely over the Franchise after the last 2 movies so whatever lol. Next story better have no connection to the entire Skywalker saga.
I think they should make a pause with the movies for at least 10 years and focus on TV shows instead. Disney needs to take time to develop a good story instead of just throwing whatever nostalgic baiting shit at the fans, I'm pretty sure they'll keep making a lot of money with or without the movies.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I think they should make a pause with the movies for at least 10 years and focus on TV shows instead. Disney needs to take time to develop a good story instead of just throwing whatever nostalgic baiting shit at the fans, I'm pretty sure they'll keep making a lot money with or without the movies.
I think that's already guaranteed.

They barely started the production of new movies.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think they should make a pause with the movies for at least 10 years and focus on TV shows instead. Disney needs to take time to develop a good story instead of just throwing whatever nostalgic baiting shit at the fans, I'm pretty sure they'll keep making a lot of money with or without the movies.
Tbh the new trilogy was their chance to hook in the kids and the new generation and convert them into lifelong fans. Instead they only pissed off their existing fans- the older generation lol. I'm sure they'd have loved to make the new characters household names like Luke, Han Solo, Darth Vader or the MCU stars.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think they should make a pause with the movies for at least 10 years and focus on TV shows instead. Disney needs to take time to develop a good story instead of just throwing whatever nostalgic baiting shit at the fans, I'm pretty sure they'll keep making a lot of money with or without the movies.
I think that's already guaranteed.

They barely started the production of new movies.
That would probably be for the best but Disney in now BILLIONS of dollars in debt and on the verge of bankruptcy... They need and easy hit like a new Star Wars film but at the same time, they need to make one that the FANS will actually support so that they can get that big box office and save their asses.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Tbh the new trilogy was their chance to hook in the kids and the new generation and convert them into lifelong fans. Instead they only pissed off their existing fans- the older generation lol. I'm sure they'd have loved to make the new characters household names like Luke, Han Solo, Darth Vader or the MCU stars.
I think the CHARACTERS in the new trilogy were quite good and the cast was brilliant, they were just given nothing to work with story-wise
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think that's already guaranteed.

They barely started the production of new movies.
I hope so but I just can't trust movie companies nowadays, heck not even directors, they'll destroy everything as long as can make two cents out of it. You can ask James Cameron...
:nekosweat:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think the CHARACTERS in the new trilogy were quite good and the cast was brilliant, they were just given nothing to work with story-wise
Personally I found Rey and Kylo to both be pretty bland, there was potential with Kylo but they didn't fully explore it imo. Snoakes could've been a great villain too but they did him dirty.

Finn also, another wasted potential. The actors were fine, Adam Driver did the best with what he got, but the writing was sub-par.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread