COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

SVT being Bighit is ironic, considering the members are closer with SM idols (1 Viewer)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I mean... it's kinda funny!

Minghao & Jun are really close with NCT's China-line (Apparently Chenle is learning meditation from Minghao)
Woozi & Chanyeol are friends
Hoshi is a SHINee fanboy
Super Junior and SVT overall seem to be close (too many instances to mention)

It's so ironic that SVT has now ended up under Bighit

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
It's not really ironic at all. SM has no intention of being greedy and buying up other companies. BigHit, on the other hand, is all about the $$ and will acquire any non-big 3 company they think will make them more money. They purchased majority shares in Pledis sheerly for Seventeen and it's pretty obvious. I really think the whole thing is rather disgusting, because it's plain to see BH has no care for their artists, just the money to be made.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
It's not really ironic at all. SM has no intention of being greedy and buying up other companies. BigHit, on the other hand, is all about the $$ and will acquire any non-big 3 company they think will make them more money. They purchased majority shares in Pledis sheerly for Seventeen and it's pretty obvious. I really think the whole thing is rather disgusting, because it's plain to see BH has no care for their artists, just the money to be made.
Bighit is blatantly trying to find a shortcut to being a big company, bcs atm it's BTS that's big and not BH

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
Bighit is blatantly trying to find a shortcut to being a big company, bcs atm it's BTS that's big and not BH
Yep, exactly this. Why do you think they're putting white people on Weverse? All about the $$ and status. They want to be the top of the big 3 and don't care what they have to do to get there.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Yep and they have done F all for any of the acquired groups.

gfriend is actually doing worse.
SVT is doing just as good if not better than before, but it certainly is not thanks to Bighit, considering their contribution seems to start and end with banning them from MBC and more expensive merch

Reactions Received
KS Coins
this is actually incorrect SM has had a history of merging with companies and making them their subsidiaries. They use to be merged with Woolim. Since the late 2010's they have been acquiring more and more labels like Million Market, Esteem, and Mystic.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
this is actually incorrect SM has had a history of merging with companies and making them their subsidiaries. They use to be merged with Woolim. Since the late 2010's they have been acquiring more and more labels like Million Market, Esteem, and Mystic.
ngl for me it isn't the buying up part that bothers me
I just really dislike the whole Bighit labels shiz

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
IMAGINE HATING BTS SO MUCH YOU FLAT OUT SAY SM ISNT GREEDY LMAO

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
this is actually incorrect SM has had a history of merging with companies and making them their subsidiaries. They use to be merged with Woolim. Since the late 2010's they been acquiring more and more labels like Million Market, Esteem, and Mystic.
Just because a company merges or buys another out doesn't mean they're doing it out of greed. None of those companies are notable names, they weren't really attempting to acquire competitors like BigHit is, and they haven't really made any large acquisitions in years, it's an entirely different business model and motive. Not only that, but SM is not solely a music entertainment company, they have other branches in different industries as well, meaning their expansion is less in the idol market and more in a general arts, entertainment, and technology sense. There is no real comparison to SMs purchases and BigHit's at all.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
ngl for me it isn't the buying up part that bothers me
I just really dislike the whole Bighit labels shiz
lmao that's fair
Just because a company merges or buys another out doesn't mean they're doing it out of greed. None of those companies are notable names, they weren't really attempting to acquire competitors like BigHit is, and they haven't really made any large acquisitions in years, it's an entirely different business model and motive. Not only that, but SM is not solely a music entertainment company, they have other branches in different industries as well, meaning their expansion is less in the idol market and more in a general arts, entertainment, and technology sense. There is no real comparison to SMs purchases and BigHit's at all.
SM's merger with Woollim was because of competition though, which is why i'm trying to say they aren't different. SM is like a monopoly because they have branched out so much and its because of money reasons. SM is just as greedy if not more so than Big Hit and have been for years.

Lee Sooman had to step down as CEO because he kept getting involved in scandals that were basically him funneling money from the company straight to himself.

Taehyun

☾ abbacchio simp ⛧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☆ MOA ♡
yall some conspiracy theorists :taeminface:

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Yep and they have done F all for any of the acquired groups.

gfriend is actually doing worse.
I think gfriend is on the same trajectory since at least Fever season if not earlier maybe Time for us or Sunny Summer, at least according to the multiple Gfriend is falling/failing tat iv read. As a new fan slowly since at/between fever season and continuinng tho, i dont think bighit is the contributing factor in gfriend's popularity/sales rn. They just fell out of favor with ppl who liked them in 2015-2018/2019 n hvnt found a lot of new fans since new fans r more likely to be into Twice, BP or 4th gen ggs, imo. Blaming bighit for gfriend's perceived woes seems a popular bashing goto everywhere but since So Sung Jin n Bang Si Hyuk hv been close friends reportedly i dont think their styles/tastes are so dramatically different as to affect Gfriend's musicality/artistic sensiblities in their work.

I think u n i hv disagreed here b4 abt this tho (or it was only in my head i composed a reply n decided against posting it) but i know less abt svt/pledis so pls differentiate between BH/Pledis/SVT n BH/SouMu/GF. the two are completely different situations n relationships altogether thnx.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
ima just sit here and stan exo, bts, and svt and watch the drama :nekopout:
lol I don't even like BigHit but I am forever against ~SM~ despite stanning basically everyone of their groups of soloist

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread