TEDDY AND YGE EXPOSED! (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Saw the title and thought they finally busted Teddy for drugs :nekosweat:

Before I watch, is it gonna be the same old stuff:
Reused 2ne1 songs,
Songs sound the same
Mediaplay
2ne1 2.0 image
"Favoritism"
Blatant mismanagement
Lack of diversity in choreography etc etc


Or something else?
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
is this really it. so much more could have been discussed
 
Joined
16 April 2020
Messages
238
Reactions Received
523
Location
EXOplanet
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Oh, I thought from the title YG & Teddy got into some huge scandal
Anyways the video literally just talks about what everyone else says
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I love mera, her channels are super insightful, I recommend the one about Cube almost destroying CLC.
I have it on queue already, I almost watched all her videos last night.
:mgblush:
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Oh, I thought from the title YG & Teddy got into some huge scandal
Anyways the video literally just talks about what everyone else says
I see you people are thirsty, lol!
We might as well wait a little more for another one, with YGE you never know...
:sakUwu:
 
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Teddy is part of the problem. He’s the one that is used to hinder creative control from the females when you think about. And even if YGE didn’t give BP comebacks, there is no reason for their discography to be this small. He could have created albums (10-13 songs) and proper EPs (5-7 songs) but each time it’s just 4 songs and no studio album.

With Somi I think the BlackLabel is trying to go the BP route and make her a tv personality firstly. I could be wrong but notice Somi has no new single or features out, yet she has her own reality show and is on that couple show. IU also balances being a artist with acting and variety but she is treated like a singer firstly. We’ll see if the BlackLabel does this or goes the BlackPink route.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
But the author of the video makes really good points.
its about " they always use the same formula " and blames all on YGE/Teddy.. etc
Mera usually doesnt shade the members, she even defend much more
So I finally got around to watching it. She makes some really good points about their song structure and I've noticed the same in other works from 2ne1, BB, Sunmi, Somi etc.

Teddy is the definition of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and unfortunately it works for him. Compare him to his other counterparts like Shinsadong Tiger and Brave Brothers, Teddy hasn't had anywhere near as many misses. It's not common for producers to have longevity like that.

She hammers it home really well and this 1000x times better than the normal "What's Wrong With Blackpink" videos. Blackpink's songs do follow an incredibly common pattern and this idea that "it takes Teddy time to make quality hits" is Grade A bullshit, just like the notion that other YG artists get more comebacks because they self-compose. Either Teddy needs to work harder to make music actually worth waiting for, get someone else to do it or just let the girls do it themselves. There are plenty of other artists following that typical song patter that could eat Blackpink's discography in a year

Because Teddy has this nice guy image, which I don't doubt he is, nobody wants to call him out. There's more than one person in charge at YG, that gets forgotten in everyone's mutually shared hatred of Yang Hyun Suk
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Oh, I thought from the title YG & Teddy got into some huge scandal
Anyways the video literally just talks about what everyone else says
I see you people are thirsty, lol!
We might as well wait a little more for another one, with YGE you never know...
:sakUwu:
It took them 7 years to catch Kush in the act
sooo....
I've already prepared myself for it happening lol
Just hopefully after bp disbands :sanapray:
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
So I finally got around to watching it. She makes some really good points about their song structure and I've noticed the same in other works from 2ne1, BB, Sunmi, Somi etc.

Teddy is the definition of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and unfortunately it works for him. Compare him to his other counterparts like Shinsadong Tiger and Brave Brothers, Teddy hasn't had anywhere near as many misses. It's not common for producers to have longevity like that.

She hammers it home really well and this 1000x times better than the normal "What's Wrong With Blackpink" videos. Blackpink's songs do follow an incredibly common pattern and this idea that "it takes Teddy time to make quality hits" is Grade A bullshit, just like the notion that other YG artists get more comebacks because they self-compose. Either Teddy needs to work harder to make music actually worth waiting for, get someone else to do it or just let the girls do it themselves. There are plenty of other artists following that typical song patter that could eat Blackpink's discography in a year

Because Teddy has this nice guy image, which I don't doubt he is, nobody wants to call him out. There's more than one person in charge at YG, that gets forgotten in everyone's mutually shared hatred of Yang Hyun Suk
For me what happens with Teddy is that he's on his comfort zone already and YHS didn't want to take any risks by the time BP debuted.
If we put 2ne1 vs BP's rookie years in context, in 2009 YGE was starting to solidify it's position as Big3. BB only had 2 years and their other artists were kinda underground + his other 2 ggs flopped, so there was room for experimentation in order to see what worked best but BP was born after YGE was already a Big company and the main idea is to follow the path already learned. I don't think Teddy having a particular style is bad but when you just have 13 songs the pattern becomes obvious.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread