The 1st and Last Senpai weekend AMA [CLOSED NOW] (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
What are your thoughts on so many kpop idols suddenly becoming actors/actresses?

Doesn't surprise me tbh. In fact, I expect it. There are some reasons I think so:

1. Idol lifespan is short, esp if you're a female idol. If you're a male, you lose a lot of popularity after enlistment. There are still dedicated stans, but there's newer and younger groups around to capture the public attention. For a female too, as idols approach 30, with very few exceptions they aren't the trendy girl anymore. So acting is a good way to lengthen your celebrity career.

2. Acting is just a lot more respected than being an idol. They're the true A-listers and top of the totem pole. Unless you're BTS level, most idols imo are considered to be targeted towards teenagers and youngsters by the gp so they aren't taken too seriously. It's how 1 Direction fans were looked at as mostly teenage girls in the West.

3. In every group, you can find 1-2 idols who are actually musically inclined and you can see them continuing to pursue a solo career even after the group disbands. Other members usually use their idol career as a launchpad. Get more popularity and visibility, get a few CFs or acting gigs with minor roles, and then use it to transition to acting full time. Suzy is a good example, Seolhyun probably trying for the same thing, don't be surprised if Minju from IZ*ONE does something similar. Cha Eunwoo, I can see him transition to acting full time, D.O from EXO too.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Red side is mostly better but that doesnt mean velvet side is bad! :pandacop:
There are Velvet bops too but if I had to pick, Red bops all day :sj_weary:
Though Psycho is your fav RV title now so I guess you went over to Team Velvet :wimwim:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
No its ONe of these Nights :wimwim: but well its also a velvet title
Oh I legit thought Psycho had replaced it :wimwim:
I guess I prefer Red titles but Velvet B-sides, weird :nakypog:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Are you an extrovert or introvert?

I am INFP so definite introvert.
My forum persona kinda contradicts that I think, people usually assume I'm an extrovert lol. I can act an extrovert when I need/want to, but keeping it up for too long is exhausting. I'm comfortable by myself irl usually, I don't seek out human company myself but if someone invites me or something, I usually don't refuse.
With people I'm close to or comfortable with, I can be very open, but with strangers I usually don't make the first move.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Do you think that a group’s fan base is a valid reason to stop stanning that group?

I can see a fanbase preventing you from stanning a group, but if you're already stanning and discover you don't like the fan base of that group, then I guess it's too late to stop stanning.
I've been in some big fandoms and they do some stupid shit but you're in it for the idols, not other fans. Although it's good to feel like a part of a community and feel accepted, I'm sure you'll always find level headed stans or like minded fans if you look for them, the toxic ones are usually louder and occupy Stan Twitter more so it can be a challenge.
So while a toxic fanbase can be an entry barrier, I don't think it would push any existing fan away from stanning the group, you'd just disengage from the community but still support.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Which kpop groups have music that isn’t your taste at all?

A lot of boygroups, GOT7 chief among them :wimwim: I think I like 2 songs from them and the rest is yeah :wimwim:
Among girl groups, I can't get into 3YE or ANS at all. Extremely generic girl crush. Same with soloist Alexa.
Other boy groups too like Wanna One (except Energetic), and Stray Kids have like a 10% success rate with me so.
With Seventeen and The Boyz, I love their fun songs but they occasionally go all moody/dark and ruin all fun.
I guess Blackpink music has really soured with me too, I just can't anymore. Shame coz their first 2 years were great imo.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Your opinions on Twice More and More encore performance?

I actually hadn't checked it out until now lmao, although I knew there were some issues.
So I listened to it just now and yeah I can see why the criticism. Tbh I think the other girls were fine, Jeongyeon and Tzuyu sounded pretty stable imo but Momo yeah. She's the weakest vocalist of the group so I don't expect her to be too good but her lines are still easy enough where she should be able to hit them without problem.

I think part of it could be attributed to their songs having to be sung at unnaturally high keys? Don't think that's Momo's natural pitch although she does have a higher pitch than most. But still, she should be hitting those. Having said that, I guess some fans claimed Twice are talentless and then Onces became super defensive and said some stupid shit too. Just another day in Kpop.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Your favorite fruit?

I like pineapple (but not on pizza :irenecrazy:), grapes and mangoes.
And blueberry cheesecakes so not blueberries by themselves :wimwim: @Darth_berries :sakUwu:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
i got confused for a while and thought this was the google search bar but thankfully i realised that it's not it quickly enough to save myself from sending an embarassing question. anyway back to the real question, would you stop supporting a group that you like if a member did something inexcusable? or would you just skip their parts in songs or separate them as people from their career as idols?

Nooo send me embarassing stuff yass lemme know your kinky fetishes or whatever you search on Google :jenniesmug::taesip:

Anyway, this is a very relevant question in light of today's events :nekosweat:

It's a very personal decision imo, and one shouldn't be forced to follow one path or the other in this situation. Personally, I can separate the art from the artist. In Western music too for example, or even in say movies and stuff, there are people who've been exposed as terrible, and done some pretty bad stuff, but it doesn't take away their merit or skills.

Having said that, you need to keep in mind that you're only acknowledging or appreciating their work while still admitting they've done horrible things outside of it. Their talent must never skew your perception of them as people, it's always actions that decide that. And that line can get murky for a lot of people, which is why many people play it safe by just avoiding anything they've participated in entirely. Personally I've had practice with it and I know I can appreciate a song just the same while not condoning the person's actions so I'm good. I did it with BigBang and Seungri, will probably do the same with AOA and Jimin.

Usually you associate a song with a certain memory or emotion, something it reminds you of from when you first heard it, a certain way it made you feel. To me, that's a deeply personal connection between you and the piece of art and it can stay intact independent of the artist's actions. However like I said, it's a very personal decision and whatever works for you best is the right approach to take.
 
Joined
10 November 2018
Messages
4,566
Reactions Received
27,371
Location
Eden
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Who's ur fave KS user?

Everyone who sends in an anon :sakUwu::jenniesmug:

Ok, tbh these kinda questions are usually meant for tagging lots of people but I'll keep the list small lol.

1. Sixnine bros: @Baechu @Tir @Darth_Lixo @perhapz @Walnutt technically they count as 1 pick.
2. @vogue we don't talk as much as we used to, but I know we've got each other's backs when needed.
3. @Bookworm one of my newest friends but I think I get along the best with her and we really connect well. One of the easiest friendships tbh, we're very similar in a lot of ways.
4. @Darth_berries my mature friend :lisalaugh: As a fellow weeb and YG stan, we can talk about lot of stuff too, plus we fight and have fun many times so that's nice.
5. My lovely dongsaeng @Skinnny and my daughter @kuro
6. My favorite @dooh chan :nekolove:

Small list :wimwim:
:pandalove:
In case you need a heart transplant old man :nayeonisdone:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Have you ever cried while reading a book?

When Christian spanks Ana :umjicry:

Why yes I have lol. The power of good writing :nekosweat:

But I usually don't cry when I can see the sobfest being set up right from the start in a really obvious way, in that case I'm just annoyed lol. Or if there's random plot twists like a sudden fatal accident or terminal illness.

I cried like a baby when I read Great Expectations for the first time lmao. It's really emotional without beating you over the head with it. And other books like The God of Small Things, the tone of the whole book is super gloomy but the ending is so beautiful you shed a cathartic tear :yolk:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Have you ever cried while reading a book?

When Christian spanks Ana :umjicry:

Why yes I have lol. The power of good writing :nekosweat:

But I usually don't cry when I can see the sobfest being set up right from the start in a really obvious way, in that case I'm just annoyed lol. Or if there's random plot twists like a sudden fatal accident or terminal illness.

I cried like a baby when I read Great Expectations for the first time lmao. It's really emotional without beating you over the head with it. And other books like The God of Small Things, the tone of the whole book is super gloomy but the ending is so beautiful you shed a cathartic tear :yolk:
Oh to add to this lmao.
Haruki fuckin' Murakami :umjicry:
Norwegian Wood :umjicry:
1Q84 :umjicry:
Sputnik Sweetheart :umjicry:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread