The Spring in my Step (Rhyming Schemes and Traditonal Themes) (1 Viewer)

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,190
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,747
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
When writing poetry, do you guys follow the traditional writing methods, or do your own thing for the most part?
i.e. rhyming and following a set theme for example.

I never used to follow a rhyming scheme, but then I decided to.
To get a feel of the great poets before me, I look up to.

In saying that.

Do you also have a favourite poet or inspiration when writing poems?

Lastly big or complex words don't make a poem.
People will tell you it does, but it really doesn't.

If anything it adds to the stress of trying to decipher the piece overall.
A great poet will have the simplest poem, but everyone can understand it

While someone who doesn't know poetry, will use big words, but to the point of not understanding their own word use.

Thanks

AD
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I definitely just do my own thing, idk anything about how you're supposed to write a poem (never had that conversation lol) but I've been writing all my life.. I wasn't inspired to write by any poets either, I hardly even know any poets/poems.. I just write lyric-like poems to express my own emotions, usually..
 
  • Like
Reactions: dark_tranquility

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,190
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,747
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I definitely just do my own thing, idk anything about how you're supposed to write a poem (never had that conversation lol) but I've been writing all my life.. I wasn't inspired to write by any poets either, I hardly even know any poets/poems.. I just write lyric-like poems to express my own emotions, usually..
I was taught poetry, but then I wrote my own way as well in time.
I think all have that instinctiveness to write for ourselves eventually.

I still follow a structure, but not nearly as much as I used to.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kodoku
Joined
6 October 2021
Messages
15,961
Reactions Received
15,086
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
69,032
Fandom
Stay
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I try to use rhyme, as often i can
Between two lines or again and again
The words have a melody to it this way
To the ones who dont like it, say "fuck off mate"
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,190
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,747
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I try to use rhyme, as often i can
Between two lines or again and again
The words have a melody to it this way
To the ones who dont like it, say "fuck off mate"
true true. Nevermind the bollocks, You do you.
 
  • Love
Reactions: seungfloral
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,730
Reactions Received
55,558
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
286,333
my fav rapper is eminem and I think he's a lyrical genius
personally I like to make rhymes for the fun of it

as an example:


prepare for selfmate
making it great
to protect KPS from aesthetics
to unite all peoples through natural cosmetics
to denounce the evils of sigs and DPs
to extend my reach to Koreans and Japanese
self
mate
Team LSM blast off at the speed of light
surrender now or prepare to hwait!!!

Meowth, that's right
 
  • Haha
Reactions: fdonce

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,190
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,747
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
my fav rapper is eminem and I think he's a lyrical genius
personally I like to make rhymes for the fun of it

as an example:


prepare for selfmate
making it great
to protect KPS from aesthetics
to unite all peoples through natural cosmetics
to denounce the evils of sigs and DPs
to extend my reach to Koreans and Japanese
self
mate
Team LSM blast off at the speed of light
surrender now or prepare to hwait!!!

Meowth, that's right
Ok team rocket. You got me.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,730
Reactions Received
55,558
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
286,333
Ok team rocket. You got me.
that's not even my best one based on team rocket

@fdonce

Prepare for trouble,
don't subscribe to twice bubble
To protect the world from JYP Nation,
to trash the NGG of the 3rd generation
To denounce the evils of once and twice
To extend my reach as the number one thrice
self
mate
Team LSM blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to Hwait!
Meowth, Thats Right!

enjoy lol
 
  • Haha
Reactions: fdonce

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,190
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,747
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
that's not even my best one based on team rocket

@fdonce

Prepare for trouble,
don't subscribe to twice bubble
To protect the world from JYP Nation,
to trash the NGG of the 3rd generation
To denounce the evils of once and twice
To extend my reach as the number one thrice
self
mate
Team LSM blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to Hwait!
Meowth, Thats Right!

enjoy lol
Waits for the Japanese to sue you.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Selfmate

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,190
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,747
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
  • Haha
Reactions: Selfmate

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,190
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,747
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
  • Like
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
7 January 2023
Messages
27,031
Reactions Received
44,781
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
160,404
that's not even my best one based on team rocket

@fdonce

Prepare for trouble,
don't subscribe to twice bubble
To protect the world from JYP Nation,
to trash the NGG of the 3rd generation
To denounce the evils of once and twice
To extend my reach as the number one thrice
self
mate
Team LSM blast off at the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to Hwait!
Meowth, Thats Right!

enjoy lol
Nice lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread