- Joined
- 29 August 2018
- Messages
- 11,564
- Reactions Received
- 42,959
- Location
- Brasil
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 18,971
- Fandom
- Chahee Lovers
- Gender
- Male
It was one of those lovely early spring days, the sun was low and bright and I could
feel the heat through the window, the daffodils were out and the cherry blossom on the trees.
I was listening to a song on the radio (I can’t recall which one) and eating a cheese roll.
Then idea suddenly struck me that if I died in that very instant it wouldn’t be so bad,
I was feeling really good.
That may sound a bit morbid I know, but bear with me.
It struck me that everything that happened in the past was irrelevant, it was just a memory, a story
I tell myself from time to time and any plans I have for the future are simply to continue to feel this good.
It is all going to come to an end at some point and if I felt this good when it does at least I will go out on a high.
Since then I have resolved to “feel as good as I can in the present moment”.
This is not an excuse for hedonism or shirking responsibilities, in fact totally the opposite;
even though the future is not guaranteed it is probable, so you have to take into account how you will feel after this moment.
With time, I have found I am less likely to indulge in excess with anything.
Spontaneity, it turns out, requires adequate preparation. To feel as good as you can you have to plan ahead.
mattcaulfield.co.uk
feel the heat through the window, the daffodils were out and the cherry blossom on the trees.
I was listening to a song on the radio (I can’t recall which one) and eating a cheese roll.
Then idea suddenly struck me that if I died in that very instant it wouldn’t be so bad,
I was feeling really good.
That may sound a bit morbid I know, but bear with me.
It struck me that everything that happened in the past was irrelevant, it was just a memory, a story
I tell myself from time to time and any plans I have for the future are simply to continue to feel this good.
It is all going to come to an end at some point and if I felt this good when it does at least I will go out on a high.
Since then I have resolved to “feel as good as I can in the present moment”.
This is not an excuse for hedonism or shirking responsibilities, in fact totally the opposite;
even though the future is not guaranteed it is probable, so you have to take into account how you will feel after this moment.
With time, I have found I am less likely to indulge in excess with anything.
Spontaneity, it turns out, requires adequate preparation. To feel as good as you can you have to plan ahead.