- Joined
- 2 October 2021
- Messages
- 21,800
- Reactions Received
- 50,582
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 18,454
- Fandom
- Multi
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- Troublemaker
- Ship
- Wreck
Ok I'll just post this and then really get off
I need to stop looking to this and I guess it would be even worse and I'd learn even more if I looked beyond the basics on Wikipedia but somehow ended up here and MOST of this I didn't even know about, we never learned about this! Not in school or anywhere! And forget about any of my schools celebrating AAPI month. (I'm 2nd gen American so I couldn't have learned any of this from my parents and stuff)
Now that I have gotten into that I should learn more about this later eventually, I was just thinking about lack of representation and some stereotypes and prejudices and feeling othered, internalized racism, etc. nothing like this for me personally I'm lucky enough, quite a few Asians in California
www.ppic.org
.
Ofc this is about Asian American racism in the past, I did not know most of this, just main stuff, gold rush, railroad, Chinese Exclusion Act, Japanese Internment Camps, "Yellow Peril"
first Asian people in America were Filipino and Indian slaves, I did not know this
ofc they only want Asians for cheap labor???
They exclude Chinese people from coming to the US but still need cheap labor so they get other Asians for more cheap labor then exclude them too??????
Now the Asiatic Exclusion League it talked about:
en.wikipedia.org
Pacific Coast Race Riots, Race being Asian, multiple ethnicities ... :
en.wikipedia.org
so first no more Chinese exclusion and can become citizens, other Asians still can't
Then Filipinos and Indians could become citizens but quota on immigration, and still only these 3 Asian ethnicities
Then Asians and other non African POC could become naturalized, but quotas STILL and can government can "suspect" Asians of doing smth and bar them
Naturalization act, only free white people and those of African descent could become naturalized, and no Asians would be seen as white, Japanse and Indian tried
en.wikipedia.org
They took away citizenship from Asians who became naturalized, learned English, stayed here for decades, represented the country in the army for not being white or of African descent!
So this is why they let (only 100) Filipinos and Indians become naturalized

again just want cheap labor, just educated, not manual now
Luce-Celler act:
en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org
.
Now I'll really get off, if you reply to the thread, feel free, I'll come back later, gotta study but this made me so mad/sad
I guess when most of the discrimination was going on, the most Asian immigrants were coming from the mentioned countries (China, Japan, Korea, India, Phillipines) so those were specifically touched upon and excluded, but then ALL Asians became excluded after excluding Chinese and Indians as well and then ALL Asians besides Chinese, Filipinos, and Indians were excluded until the anti-Asian exclusion laws were nullified, and then still quotes. And before exclusion, they still couldn't naturalize for being Asian rather than white or of African descent
if it's in the wrong section plz move, thank youuu
I need to stop looking to this and I guess it would be even worse and I'd learn even more if I looked beyond the basics on Wikipedia but somehow ended up here and MOST of this I didn't even know about, we never learned about this! Not in school or anywhere! And forget about any of my schools celebrating AAPI month. (I'm 2nd gen American so I couldn't have learned any of this from my parents and stuff)
Now that I have gotten into that I should learn more about this later eventually, I was just thinking about lack of representation and some stereotypes and prejudices and feeling othered, internalized racism, etc. nothing like this for me personally I'm lucky enough, quite a few Asians in California
California's Population
After a decade of sluggish growth, California’s population declined during the pandemic. More than a quarter of Californians are immigrants; by 2030, about one in five residents will be 65 or older.
Ofc this is about Asian American racism in the past, I did not know most of this, just main stuff, gold rush, railroad, Chinese Exclusion Act, Japanese Internment Camps, "Yellow Peril"
first Asian people in America were Filipino and Indian slaves, I did not know this
ofc they only want Asians for cheap labor???
They exclude Chinese people from coming to the US but still need cheap labor so they get other Asians for more cheap labor then exclude them too??????
Now the Asiatic Exclusion League it talked about:
Asiatic Exclusion League - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org
Pacific Coast Race Riots, Race being Asian, multiple ethnicities ... :
Pacific Coast race riots of 1907 - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org
so first no more Chinese exclusion and can become citizens, other Asians still can't
Then Filipinos and Indians could become citizens but quota on immigration, and still only these 3 Asian ethnicities
Then Asians and other non African POC could become naturalized, but quotas STILL and can government can "suspect" Asians of doing smth and bar them
Naturalization act, only free white people and those of African descent could become naturalized, and no Asians would be seen as white, Japanse and Indian tried
Naturalization Act of 1870 - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org
They took away citizenship from Asians who became naturalized, learned English, stayed here for decades, represented the country in the army for not being white or of African descent!
So this is why they let (only 100) Filipinos and Indians become naturalized
Luce-Celler act:
Luce–Celler Act - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org
Asian immigration to the United States - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org
Now I'll really get off, if you reply to the thread, feel free, I'll come back later, gotta study but this made me so mad/sad
I guess when most of the discrimination was going on, the most Asian immigrants were coming from the mentioned countries (China, Japan, Korea, India, Phillipines) so those were specifically touched upon and excluded, but then ALL Asians became excluded after excluding Chinese and Indians as well and then ALL Asians besides Chinese, Filipinos, and Indians were excluded until the anti-Asian exclusion laws were nullified, and then still quotes. And before exclusion, they still couldn't naturalize for being Asian rather than white or of African descent
if it's in the wrong section plz move, thank youuu