COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

UNDER APPRECIATED JAPANESE DISCOGRAPHIES? (1 Viewer)

DO YOU LIKE 2NE1 & EXO'S J-DISCOGRAPHY?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I HAVEN'T HEARD EITHER

• I DON'T KNOW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions Received
KS Coins
While many groups such as Girls Generation, KARA, TVXQ, TWICE and BIGBANG have widely known and acclaimed Japanese discographies I feel like other iconic or popular acts don't.

The first two groups that come to mind are 2NE1 and EXO. But to me their Japanese songs are great, and some even better then their Korean (and Chinese) ones.

2NE1: Lonely
The Japanese language is beautiful and goes amazingly well with such a emotional song. Not to mention the music video, the fashion, and the pronunciation of the members.

EXO: Electric Kiss
This to me was better then their most recent Korean releases in 2017 and 2018. The composition, the arrangement, and the music is top notch. Not to mention that hook!
For the music video
For the whole song

Any other groups?

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
im gonna be honest. snsd and dbsk set a standard for japanese music. and exo's first few songs were.........bad.

anyway the most under appreciated group:

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Nah, imo, EXO's Japanese music was a mess. Haven't heard 2NE1's original Japanese music but I love their Korean music so I'd be anticipating.

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
Better then OT5 TVXQ? I think they are still to this day the best vocal group in Kpop as OT5. At least that I know.
personally i think exo is, especially live, but dbsk definitely brings that nostalgia. their ballad discography was something else...love in the ice, bolero, ill be there, etc. exo unfortunately doesn't harmonize :( they usually just showcase chenbaeksoo's amazing vocals individually but i wish they'd harmonize like dbsk did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread