We don't claim those fans! [Toxic behaviour ppl don't realize is toxic] (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
This phrase is imo one of the most problematic things one can say.
This phrase shows that that the person using it is:

A) Toxic - They think people they dislike aren't/shouldn't be fans
B) In denial - They think themselves better than the "toxic" ppl they are disowning.

This phrase is extra disgusting... bcs it is a way of ignoring a problem. Oh this fandom isn't toxic! We don't claim those fans! This fandom Doesn't have a problem with toxic AF stans, because those AREN'T ACTUALLY REAL FANS! So you cannot dislike our fandom, bcs that wasn't us!

This phrase is such a disgustingly easy way to shift blame off of the fandom you identify with and not actually think about the actions of members of the fandom.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think it's kinda two-sided. Like in one side if it's towards bad part of fandom it can be kinda like showing we don't accept that behavior here. But often it is just not wanting to acknowledge bad behavior within fandom and maybe try to do something about it. It often comes of as excuse how one's fandom is best and there is no bad about it- cause this bad part just isn't part of it.

Then I also get why one would say that, cause they simply don't want to deal or be associated with these people. Like the VIP fandom is kinda mess now with OT4 and OT5 stans and I kinda relate with the feeling of- let's just pretend this part doesn't exist. No matter how much it's being denial about it. But I don't think I would "we don't claim them" or sth similar as excuse though. Rather I think it's better to acknowledge the situation but also state they don't represent anyone.

And in the end, sadly one random person can't really do anything about bad behavior within their fandoms. They can just try to be level-headed and kind themselves, maybe ask others to be as well but that's about it.
 
Joined
7 November 2019
Messages
898
Reactions Received
2,608
Location
Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
well i know i'm not toxic cause if i was my mom would of ban me from asian thing FOREVER that why i can not cause then i loss it all T-T
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Honestly, sometimes fandoms feel a bit culty. I get that they're somewhat communities but people take it too far. I don't see the point of holding fans accountable for what other people in their fandom have done, or saying they can't speak out on toxicity because they're an XYZ Stan.

I call myself a stan because I'm devoted to the group/individual, not because of the others in the fandom. I don't know a majority of these people, I have no authority over them and I feel no obligation to take responsibility for them. Why is it my problem that I need to address?

That being said, outside of fan projects or showing support to the artist, I don't see the point in being proud of fandoms and taking credit for their behaviors "ABC fans are the least toxic fans out there" either. Every fandom has toxic or irritating stans. Objectively, some have more/louder ones than others but still. That is one thing about kpop that is never going to change outside of which stans are being toxic. Trying to make it into competition is adding fuel too it.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I Think fans only really say this when people make a generalization of fandoms based on one persons comments. I guess it’s just a way of saying “hey the majority of the fandom doesn’t think this way”. Of course there are certain cases where this wouldn’t apply.
I’m not gonna take accountability for something someone else does simply because they’re the fan of the same group that I like... Simply because I didn’t do anything.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I Think fans only really say this when people make a generalization of fandoms based on one persons comments. I guess it’s just a way of saying “hey the majority of the fandom doesn’t think this way”. Of course there are certain cases where this wouldn’t apply.
I’m not gonna take accountability for something someone else does simply because they’re the fan of the same group that I like... Simply because I didn’t do anything.
Naaah this post was made bcs I saw a post where this one older fan (not even like old, about mid 20s) talked about how younger fans of a group that she has been following since debut called her too fat and old to be a fan to her face....

and the comments under that post were FILLED with comments how, We don't claim them. Those aren't real fans. Those were multis. etc etc
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
all life is is people trying to act like they’re better than others
If it wasn’t this it’d be something else
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
3,522
Reactions Received
23,038
Location
ONCE Nation
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think it depends on the situation. Sometimes it's perfectly acceptable to say this, like for example when referring to those Chen 'fans' who paraded on the streets outside SM.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,622
Reactions Received
93,434
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think it depends on the situation. Sometimes it's perfectly acceptable to say this, like for example when referring to those Chen 'fans' who paraded on the streets outside SM.
See i would claim those. Sure we have dumb fans see there is 7 :)
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Kinda, I think no one should be obliged to apologize for actions of other irresponsible fans.

But people also shouldn't take fanwars so seriously anyway, just let them call toxic whoever.

Still some feel that the fight is a necessity in their lives...
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Every fandom has toxic fans. And every fan can be toxic at times. No one is perfect, so why expect a fandom to be perfect?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread