COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

@ARMY @Exo-L @NCTzen @Carat @Boy Group

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Welp... Here comes the drama...

And bts already said they wanted to go through serving... Just let them do it, damn.

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Welp... Here comes the drama...

And bts already said they wanted to go through serving... Just let them do it, damn.
As long as it’s just a postponement... I am not for them being exempted from the military enlisment.
I'm curious at how narrowly, or broadly, this will get applied.
Obviously this was written with BTS in mind but I wonder if groups like SVT, Sperm and NCT count because of their success overseas as well

VillageIdiot

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
On comeback day too...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I'm curious at how narrowly, or broadly, this will get applied.
Obviously this was written with BTS in mind but I wonder if groups like SVT, Sperm and NCT count because of their success overseas as well
Good question. I don’t know which metrics are going to be taken into account to determine who can benefit from a military postponement and who can’t.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I thought deferring until 30 was already what most idols were doing these days though... So what exactly makes this law different?

Also Jin literally said today that they will serve when it's their time to do so I wish they would just let it go already. This is just going to bring them unnecessary hate.

As a male citizen of the Republic of Korea, mandatory enlistment is a given, and when the country calls, we will gladly respond. I am planning to serve diligently when the time comes. The members and I have discussed this topic often, and we all agreed that we want to serve our mandatory military service duties.
source

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
SuperM enlistment needs to get delayed that's all I care about :sj_weary:

Wicked

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
On comeback day too...
I do wonder if this was planned... Either by a competing company (by dirty money/influence, etc.) or otherwise lol. The timing is impeccable. But ofc that's just speculation and nothing more.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I thought deferring until 30 was already what most idols were doing these days though... So what exactly makes this law different?

Also Jin literally said today that they will serve when it's their time to do so I wish they would just let it go already. This is just going to bring them unnecessary hate.
Yeah that's what I've known as well, people always used to say that they can push it back till they are 30 but then they have to go

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
this just screams like drama bout to happen

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't really know what good giving them an extra 2 years is meant to do, it's just delaying the inevitable and the rules on who gets exemption seem too vague, I can see it causing MAJOR drama down the line, especially with the way SM likes to throw their weight around behind the scenes.

I've heard that it's actually been SM pushing for this reform behind the scenes all along and they've just been using BTS's name as a shield in the press while they push their own agenda...

Wicked

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I don't really know what good giving them an extra 2 years is meant to do, it's just delaying the inevitable and the rules on who gets exemption seem too vague, I can see it causing MAJOR drama down the line, especially with the way SM likes to throw their weight around behind the scenes.

I've heard that it's actually been SM pushing for this reform behind the scenes all along and they've just been using BTS's name as a shield in the press while they push their own agenda...
I'm glad you said this lol. SM was the one exactly on my mind but I was wary about throwing names around and getting yelled at by SM fans :wimwim: I'm not in a drama mood LOL

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm glad you said this lol. SM was the one exactly on my mind but I was wary about throwing names around and getting yelled at by SM fans :wimwim: I'm not in a drama mood LOL
Oh, I wouldn't have posted this on any other site but I feel like people are chill and rational here so even if they disagreed, it'd be more of a debate than an argument...

Wicked

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Oh, I wouldn't have posted this on any other site but I feel like people are chill and rational here so even if they disagreed, it'd be more of a debate than an argument...
B-but I might be seen as biased as a bts stan anyway idk :jisoosmh: :jisoosmh:

I HAVE PTSD FROM KPOP FANDOM WARS OK *cry*

Wicked

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
On another note, I just don´t understand why they would want to postpone it themselves. I have read about the Korean military service (yes, on the Internet; no, I don´t anyone personally; Sure, everyone has a different experience and blabla) and apparently military service is an annoying nuance every Korean man has to go through. It is belittling, physically hard and everyone just can´t get over with it (apart from a small percentage who have a thing for military and would have just ended up being soldiers anyway), but it is kind of a "bonding manly thing" and everyone enjoys complaining about their military days and share those stories of "remember when your mother sent you the most delicious cake and we had it in the barracks while our captain yelled at us and we had to do 100 push-ups" etc.

But most people do their military service when they are really young, pre-university, post-university. Would they really want to be in the same group with 18-year-old boys when they are 30? Wouldn´t it just be a shame? (no offense here) Military could be a time to take off their "idol mask off" and get back to reality which they had left when they were 16-17 and joined the training companies.

In my opinion, either let them do their time properly or just exclude them from their military service altogether. It is not like the 7 of them would win the war or anything. If they want to do it, let them and now I´m talking about BTS. We can all be biased about our own preferences, but we all know that at this given moment, right now, right here, they are the biggest and most popular group and they work really really hard. Maybe the military training could be a bit of a holiday for them :D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread