What are your guys' opinions on Folklore by Taylor Swift? (2 Viewers)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Admittedly, I haven't listened to the whole thing yet because it's a lot to get through in one sitting but the songs that I have heard are some of my favourites by her in A LONG TIME! I like almost the entire first half of the album and some of the later tracks too. I think my favourites so far are Cardigan, the 1 and last great American dynasty. This is the most I've enjoyed a Taylor album since 1989 to be honest, I'm glad that she's went back to her roots and started focusing more on storytelling again because I think that's where her true talent lies. Have you guys listened to any of the songs from the album yet? What are the standout tracks to you?






​
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB and Willow

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
oh no please :haylul: the only album I enjoyed from Taylor was the one she released before 1989 :jisoosmh:
You mean Red? I liked that album at the time but I don't revisit it that much.
I have nothing against her but I used to be a fan before, I think my taste just changed
Did you like any of the songs in the OP? Or are they not your style?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
You mean Red? I liked that album at the time but I don't revisit it that much.

Did you like any of the songs in the OP? Or are they not your style?
YES RED WAS REALLY GOOD, I REMEMBER THAT I HAD EVEN BOUGHT THE ALBUM ON ITUNES
Well I didn't try them yet but if that sounds like her previous singles then I wouldn't like :haylul:
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
YES RED WAS REALLY GOOD, I REMEMBER THAT I HAD EVEN BOUGHT THE ALBUM ON ITUNES
Well I didn't try them yet but if that sounds like her previous singles then I wouldn't like :haylul:
They kinda have an indie-pop vibe, stripped back but very pretty melodies and lyrics but not necessarily country music like her old stuff. I think if you liked Red, you might like a couple of the songs on this album.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
They kinda have an indie-pop vibe, stripped back but very pretty melodies and lyrics but not necessarily country music like her old stuff. I think if you liked Red, you might like a couple of the songs on this album.
I will have a listen :pepeheart: (maybe when my British mood will be over)
 
  • Haha
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Cardigan is quite good honestly :pepeheart:
I thought you might like that one :saranghae:
but I won't say it is the kind of song I would listen on repeat :pepesmug: too chill for me :naeunshock:
Yeah, this whole album is pretty chill. It's the type of music that makes you want to take a bath instead of a shower LOL
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I thought you might like that one :saranghae:

Yeah, this whole album is pretty chill. It's the type of music that makes you want to take a bath instead of a shower LOL
You were right Jakey :pepeheart: you know I am dying for heavier sounds :haylul:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I haven't liked her last two albums but the title of this one caught my attention so I gave it a listen and found a few songs that I really liked!
so I should try
 
  • Haha
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think it's a good album. I'll admit i've only been a fan of her pop style music (I hate country music) but I like this album as well. It's not totally my style but it's a very relaxing album and I like that for the times.

The last great american dynasty has been my favorite so far
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think it's a good album. I'll admit i've only been a fan of her pop style music (I hate country music) but I like this album as well. It's not totally my style but it's a very relaxing album and I like that for the times.

The last great american dynasty has been my favorite so far
That's one of my faves too! As someone who lives in a super small down, I can relate to the lyrics a lot.
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB and Willow
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
That's one of my faves too! As someone who lives in a super small down, I can relate to the lyrics a lot.
I don't live in a small town but I do live in an area which has a lot of rich/wealthy people. So the pretentious people are familiar to me lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread