What groups have you tried to stan, but couldn't really get into? (1 Viewer)

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
This happens to me with a lot of groups I listen to casually tbh. I usually stan for the members of a group and less so for the music, even though that's still important. So if the music is really good, but no one really catches my interest, I have a harder time getting into a group.
A couple of examples would probably be day6, infinite and oh my girl.​
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Not at all lol
I mean same, but I would like to know your reasons as well.
I think I have actually never fully stanned any Korean group, I was just fan of their music, if I was stanning anyone I would still support them but loving a group really depends on their discography and concepts more than anything else... If I am disappointed about a comeback then I will stop following them until I am interested in their music again ^^
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: Areum and Mangoey
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I think I have actually never fully stanned any Korean group, I was just fan of their music, if I was stanning anyone I would still support them but loving a group really depends on their discography and concepts more than anything else... If I am disappointed about a comeback then I will stop following them until I am interested in their music again ^^
@RandAlThor what did you think about my explanation 😅
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,679
Reactions Received
93,487
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,868
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think I have actually never fully stanned any Korean group, I was just fan of their music, if I was stanning anyone I would still support them but loving a group really depends on their discography and concepts more than anything else... If I am disappointed about a comeback then I will stop following them until I am interested in their music again ^^
i can live with a weird cb if i like the b sides.
For example RBB not my favorite but that mini album is good.
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
i can live with a weird cb if i like the b sides.
For example RBB not my favorite but that mini album is good.
I usually check them too 😅
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Honestly subbed content matters too,
both Kara and OMG suffered from that.
Ah yeah I didn't think of that. The language barrier sucks :/ it's really hard to get into a group if you can't understand what they're saying or doing
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,679
Reactions Received
93,487
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,868
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Ah yeah I didn't think of that. The language barrier sucks :/ it's really hard to get into a group if you can't understand what they're saying or doing
After a decade i am better and most of the idols are expressive so some of it can be pieced together. La you would think after 10 years of almost exclusive kpop i could understand more, but i am still far better with like say Spanish because of all the latin roots of English..

and the inverse order of korean v english structure does not help at all.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Twice and Gfriend. They have good titles (mostly), but their bsides aren't very good and I can't connect with a lot of the members at all
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
(G)-IDLE

Instantly fell in love with their debut song 'Latata', and also quite enjoyed Hann. But since those releases, their title tracks have been kind 'meh' for me. I still quite enjoy a number of their b sides though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread