Variety What the Queendom lineup was originally supposed to be (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Oh My Girl would have won with the original lineup :yolk:
Although I wouldn't have a clear favorite if Gugudan and Sejeong were in it, I'd be conflicted over them and OMG :umjicry:

I guess they needed more big names, although DIA and Gugudan could've been used for those IOI girl storylines.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I would have loved if April got the chance :umjicry: the girls deserve some attention
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
Tbh i'm glad they changed the lineup because I doubt this lineup draws people to watch since DIA, Gugudan and April are lower tied groups and Lovelyz, (G)I-dle and Oh My Girl are top mid tier groups so it probably wouldn't have done as well especially with the growth Oh My Girl and (G)I-dle saw.

A lineup like this could work with a season 2/3/etc. but you only get 1 chance to make a first impression and I think Mamamoo and AOA really helped make Queendom and in the end everyone benefited.

Mamamoo get to be one of the few girl groups to have a comeback show alongside Girls' Generation and Iz*One, (G)I-dle and Oh My Girl grew the most on the show, Lovelyz got to show a new side to their fans which they wouldn't have otherwise, AOA showed they are still strong as 5 and Boms reputation was better coming out of the show.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,623
Reactions Received
93,446
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Oh My Girl would have won with the original lineup :yolk:
Although I wouldn't have a clear favorite if Gugudan and Sejeong were in it, I'd be conflicted over them and OMG :umjicry:

I guess they needed more big names, although DIA and Gugudan could've been used for those IOI girl storylines.
not sure Idle might have got all the 'cool kids' votes that went to aoa and mmm.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't really like how the source claims "Anyone could see younger writer opinion was correct" cause no that's opinion and I don't think it was correct. Park Bom fit to show well in the end, and brought variety to show. I think the second concept was better, if they went with first it would been good still but lot less variety with most of the groups being cute groups, similar popularity and also most groups being on younger side too. It was lot better to take older artist like AOA and Bom who needed rewarming and another chance to prove themselves, younger upcoming groups and artists with varying concepts. I think how it turned out turned out to be dream team.

If Gugudan's and April's companies allow this time i think they can participate in second season. However i'd be careful if I was Mnet and pick groups with lot of performance skill and artistry cause first season was full of that and I think if many groups come out unprepared to that and instead tried to do what they usually did it would turn against them. I'm not speaking any group in particular since I don't know these groups that well. But just that there is lot of opportunity joining in S2- but also lot of criticism if expectations aren't met.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Would the show have been as successful tho?
I think there needs to be a fair mix of high-tier and lower tier groups for it to pull in an audience and be beneficial to everyone
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
Would the show have been as successful tho?
I think there needs to be a fair mix of high-tier and lower tier groups for it to pull in an audience and be beneficial to everyone
Well the royal writer who put Bom in which turned out to work which no one saw coming even asks "if this is the current lineup who's going to watch?" :pandatea:
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Well the royal writer who put Bom in which turned out to work which no one saw coming even asks "if this is the current lineup who's going to watch?" :pandatea:
Unmarried women in their 40s are the wisest :sanapray:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well the royal writer who put Bom in which turned out to work which no one saw coming even asks "if this is the current lineup who's going to watch?" :pandatea:
While it might been still good, I don't think it would have became such hit without as vast cast as it had. You got lot of different stories with them and attracted lot of different audiences without things overlapping too much.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
While it might been still good, I don't think it would have became such hit without as vast cast as it had. You got lot of different stories with them and attracted lot of different audiences without things overlapping too much.
I think the 1st season of Queendom will be unbeatable since it was just a situation where everything lined up and everyone as a whole had good chemistry along with a talented cast that could deliver. I'm still interested to see another season of it and even the performances from Kingdom when they do that as I think in both cases they could deliver good performances but the chemistry between the groups is something else that will be the part that is hard to capture again to the level of season 1.
 
Joined
6 April 2019
Messages
801
Reactions Received
3,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Would the show have been as successful tho?
I think there needs to be a fair mix of high-tier and lower tier groups for it to pull in an audience and be beneficial to everyone
tbh none of the groups were even that nugu

mamamoo,bom and g-idle are obv doing great
lovelyz and omg weren't insanely popular but they were never really on the verge of disbanding either
aoa had been losing lots of popularity but at least they had a taste of fame before and were the trendy gg at one point

they obv went mainly for mid-tier groups with mmm,bom and g-idle being the view boosters
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
tbh none of the groups were even that nugu

mamamoo,bom and g-idle are obv doing great
lovelyz and omg weren't insanely popular but they were never really on the verge of disbanding either
aoa had been losing lots of popularity but at least they had a taste of fame before and were the trendy gg at one point

they obv went mainly for mid-tier groups with mmm,bom and g-idle being the view boosters
I'm gonna have to stop you there as Bingle Bangle was a hit and would've done about as well if not better than Latata which is (G)I-dles biggest hit for now.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
3,522
Reactions Received
23,038
Location
ONCE Nation
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm gonna have to stop you there as Bingle Bangle was a hit and would've done about as well if not better than Latata which is (G)I-dles biggest hit for now.
I think their point was that AOA was not doing poorly, are not nugu, and have high standards for success. It was a compliment.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus and yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread