What Type Of Music Moves You Most? (1 Viewer)

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
What Type Of Music Moves You Most?


Country music holds a special place in my heart.

The stories. The imagery. The rural working class grounding and populist appeal. The intentional embrace of simplicity and a lack of sophistication.

It is the music that most closely represents the values and emotional ethos of the culture in which I grew up. (Rural Kansas)

And therefore is able to tap into a part of me that most music never hits.

This is the music of my home.

I'm sure many have their own music styles that function similar for you, hitting your soul in a way no other quite can.

Maybe it's country too? Or maybe something else. Feel free to share!


 
Last edited:
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,622
Reactions Received
93,446
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Music that lifts me up(gospel, church, Christmas, Country , Bluegrass, pop). Builds me up. Cheers me up.(pop)
Music that helps me be a better me. Soaring might be a solid term






opps went over 2 ill stop.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,040
Reactions Received
52,933
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,627
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male



Indie-alternative music from the mid-80s/early-90s that I could hv access to in S.E.A. then like Suzanne Vega, R.E.M., Tori Amos, Nirvana, even some (for awhile) Alanis Morrissette{she seemed like indie/alternative to me then}, even Britney n Avril Lavigne for a short time{Edit-OT}[you don't know wat it's like to live in the arid (metaphorical) desert of S.E.A. in the 80s/90s looking for stuff I liked. It was so empty of the music I found in UK in '94. I bought remaindered cassettes for 50p n played them constantly (like how I'd stream SNSD/Gfriend/Everglow now, maybe). Later in the 2000s I got into newer indie/alternative singer/songwriters like Rachael Yamagata n Vienna Teng but smh it wasn't the same even tho I got to see them in concerts in S.E.A. Even Suzanne Vega came by to perform. Slowly lost touch with it ard 2015/2016. Then I started stanning SNSD in mid-2018, n I barely listen to the above much anymore. (I really wanted to get into Jane Siberry just from listening to her song from the crow movie but never could get her cassette albums then n don't bother to buy the crow cassette soundtrack, a pity; years later I saw the best of compilation cd set at borders but don't buy it then. Still regret it. But not as much now.)
I just like intensely personal, to me, music that moves me. This may or may not explain why I listen to kpop.
 
Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
probably musicals :wimwim:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Guns N'Roses, RHCP, early Metallica, Led Zep among older bands. I listened to only rock for years, but not into heavy metal (Iron Maiden being an exception), death metal and stuff. I do like progressive rock as well, and psychedelic.

Outside that genre, I really love Daft Punk and Gorillaz.

And lately, anything with 80s synth puts me in a great mood. It's part of why I love April's Oh My Mistake and Dalshabet's Someone like you so much.
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Mostly exaggerated music, they make me feel all the dramatic experience

They usually are progressive/alternative stuff.

Rage Against The Machine is a greaaaaat choice.


What's your favorite band of all time!
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
That was quite eloquently-stated. I don't care much for country myself, but I have total respect for your devotion to it. And that actually makes me want to not lurk for once and comment...

Even though I was born and raised outside of Europe, I belong to it heart, mind, and soul. It's been that way for me most of my life. European music makes me feel at home and at peace and like someone out there in the world understands me. Of course, Europe being an entire continent full of a wide variety of different musical genres and such means that I can't list everything I listen to, but...

I think this song does a good job of capturing a lot of the things I love, in general...

Oh I love this. Especially the instrumentation.

Any particular region of Europe that holds most dear for you?
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Hmm Spanish (Mexican to be specific) ballads and the occasional mariachi song too; I was raised listening to classics. :wimwim: Sadly don’t know their names by heart. Tbh ballads and 80/ music makes me emotional. Italian music is pretty too.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread