What would you not let a 6 year old watch? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,393
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
My family apparently weren't concerned that my brother was watching the Shining towards the end.

Don't know what happens because we put it on pause for now but currently the dad is trying to break into the bathroom where the wife is and he wants to kill her. The previous caretaker chopper up his wife and girls into tiny pieces. I don't know how it ends but I'm inferring that it's going to be scary.

So year no one was questioning my brother being there until I was like guys are you for real? He's watching this too?

I feel like I can't be the only one who feels this way :jisoosmh: Am I overprotective? I didn't want him to see Parasite either and they were questioning me if it was really that bad since I had seen it before and I was like dude it's rated R.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
When I was that age no one thought anything of me watching PG-13 films... I even was subjected to 18+ material because a friend of mine "found" a channel that had such stuff and no adults were watching anybody... We couldn't make heads or tails of what the adults in the video were doing. . . But if I had a six year old, they would be watching sesame street, the wiggles, sofia the first, and curious george. Maybe early 00 kid sitcoms like victorious, icarly, and drake & josh, but nothing that requires parental involvement... and definitely nothing like Knocked Up...
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
The Shining is a bit iffy to let a 6 year old watch???? Like, maybe 10 is stretching it imo. It doesn't end terrifying, but it's not really something I'd personally let a 6 year old watch. I saw the Shining when I was 10 and that scared me. I'd never let a 6 year old watch something scarier than like Mononoke? I saw it when I was 6, and I was fine with it for the most part.
 
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
For me it depend on the child. Some kids are perfectly fine with watching stuff like the shining and enjoy it while other isn't. You just need to know your kids. I watch Game of Thrones with 10 and 7 year old sister. I am 27, so it was with adult supervision. My 3 year old sister did watch parasite with the whole family because she just happen to be in the same room

When I was 6, I definitely did watch pg13 anime because my uncle allowed.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,427
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
in fact i got grief for letting my nieces watch glee. (my sister hated as did i the way physical assault was made a joke i though the music balanced it out... wrong )
i would have got killed for a r rated movie.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
My 5 year old nephew watched the movie It and somehow he liked it. He would even ask if he could watch “the clown movie” again. :welp:
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,393
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
B
My 5 year old nephew watched the movie It and somehow he liked it. He would even ask if he could watch “the clown movie” again. :welp:
There aren't any clowns though :welp:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and lexus

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I personally wouldn’t. 6 is too young to watch movies like that. I also know mx godchild (5) would want to watch but I would never let her cause she always gets super scared then before she goes to bed. even some kids show that were more „horror“ had that effect on her
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Contrary to how my mother raised me (horror films from the age of 4 nightmare on elm street, heellraiser, evil dead amongst other things)
I went the opposite way with my child, obviously not to overbearing but horror is a no, more so because he is sensitive to weird things. Like he likes reading and watching goosebumps, but got frightened by the dinosaurs in the jurassic Park. Have watched star wars and Harry Potter (mainly cause he's read the books) and so on. He's 7 now.
Age restrictions should be followed to degree but at the same time you need to assess you own child maturity and understanding of what he's consuming and can consume, cause not all 12 year old are mentally ready to watch a 12 rated movie, same with PG and other ratings. (we have U, PG PG12, 12, 15, 18 rating system in the UK for films, games have additional ones like 3+, 7+ etc)
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Ahsoka
Joined
15 July 2020
Messages
221
Reactions Received
558
Location
🌧🍃🍄
Website
momolandscafe.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
My 6 year old barely wants to watch anything anyway, he's too busy playing Minecraft. He has watched some things though, like Train to Busan, Goosebumps, Godzilla, Jurassic Park, but the kid likes dinosaurs, so I can't really blame him. (And coincidentally, zombies).

I try to not watch anything R rated, or any type of horror movies around either of my children. I did make the mistake of letting my almost 3 year old daughter watch Train to Busan (I was watching it, she was napping, next thing I know, she's sitting next to me watching it also) and now she thinks she's a zombie. My daughter is the one who loves the horror movies/shows though & idk if it's because she got it from me or what, but that's a running joke in our family.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread