What's Your Opinion On Line Distribution? (2 Viewers)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship

-
As you can see, with Jessica's departure, Sooyoung, Yoona and Yuri got more opportunities to showcase their vocals.
So, do you prefer when the lines are more even out like this or do your prefer the main vocals having most of the lines?​
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I prefer it when the main vocals sang the most lines. Don't get me wrong, it's great the other members are getting more lines, but they all show their uniqueness in different ways. But who knows, SNSD has surprised me a lot so....
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I honestly don't care for line distributions. There are reasons why some vocals will be used more than others. What matters to me is that the song will sound good to me
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I prefer it when the main vocals sang the most lines. Don't get me wrong, it's great the other members are getting more lines, but they all show their uniqueness in different ways. But who knows, SNSD has surprised me a lot so....
I honestly don't care for line distributions. There are reasons why some vocals will be used more than others. What matters to me is that the song will sound good to me
Sometimes Main Dancers can sing pretty well and have nice tones too. But they don't get to showcase it as much as the Main/Lead Vocals. For example in GFriend's Sunrise, SinB did a high note and got quite a few lines. Some say it's because SinB's tone fits Sunrise as a song well. Do you think companies should assign vocal parts according to who sounds best in particular part or just give the Main/Leads the most parts?
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I think the most qualified members should have the most lines. The other members may not be horrible but they shouldn't be given more than they can handle, more than the more qualified members, or something they legit can't hit note wise.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Sometimes Main Dancers can sing pretty well and have nice tones too. But they don't get to showcase it as much as the Main/Lead Vocals. For example in GFriend's Sunrise, SinB did a high note and got quite a few lines. Some say it's because SinB's tone fits Sunrise as a song well. Do you think companies should assign vocal parts according to who sounds best in particular part or just give the Main/Leads the most parts?
I would say whoever sounds best at the parts.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I think the most qualified members should have the most lines. The other members may not be horrible but they shouldn't be given more than they can handle, more than the more qualified members, or something they legit can't hit note wise.
Let's say idol A is more "qualified" to do a particular part on a song but idol B sounds better doing that part (maybe because of their tone), which idol do you think should get assigned the part in this instance?
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Honestly, I don't care.
I'd rather have equal screen time than lines. I never think about "Oh this X singing now" when listening to a song
Really? When a tone is identifiable, I automatically think "oh she's singing this part right now. She's a good singer". Or well, something like that.
Also, if there's equal screen time, that means sometimes the idol who's singing won't get shown but someone else. Do you think that's fair?
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Let's say idol A is more "qualified" to do a particular part on a song but idol B sounds better doing that part (maybe because of their tone), which idol do you think should get assigned the part in this instance?
Good question. But it doesn't take into account whether idol B can healthily sing the line.

I'd rather the one who is more qualified who can properly hit the note without inciting vocal chord damage do the line over the less qualified member who may sound better even if they aren't singing correctly or safely or in all honesty genuinely able to sing that part correctly. Aesthetics doesn't beat out technique, skill, or ability.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Oh, also just to throw this out there, I do think sometimes companies give groups notes that nobody in the group can hit right. BTS would be an example and I'm not trying to be mean, but the amount of impossible high notes they gave Jimin was really wrong and damaging. It makes it worse knowing that none of the other members have the vocal chops to hit notes like that either.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Good question. But it doesn't take into account whether idol B can healthily sing the line.

I'd rather the one who is more qualified who can properly hit the note without inciting vocal chord damage do the line over the less qualified member who may sound better even if they aren't singing correctly or safely or in all honesty genuinely able to sing that part correctly. Aesthetics doesn't beat out technique, skill, or ability.
I see, I see.
Oh, also just to throw this out there, I do think sometimes companies give groups notes that nobody in the group can hit right. BTS would be an example and I'm not trying to be mean, but the amount of impossible high notes they gave Jimin was really wrong and damaging. It makes it worse knowing that none of the other members have the vocal chops to hit notes like that either.
I think the key BTS is forced to sing in is very unfair. They all clearly are singing out of range. Would it kill the producers to lower it to a male friendly key? Jeez.
 
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
227
Reactions Received
1,002
Location
exoplanet
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Usually (not always, but mostly) I think the company and the producers of the song know what will sound the best on their track. They're the ones working on it and know what sound they want and what vocals will sound the best and make the song sound the best it can be. Though I do think in some instances it's too unfair and taken waaay too far. Some idols are done dirty when they definitely deserved more than what they got.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I see, I see.

I think the key BTS is forced to sing in is very unfair. They all clearly are singing out of range. Would it kill the producers to lower it to a male friendly key? Jeez.
Yeah and like the problem is it makes it so haters can just be like "HEY BTS CAN'T SING LISTEN TO THIS!"

No, they just are given songs entirely out of their range and it's to a cruel extent. Like I remember reading Army's talking about how Jimin lacked a bit of self-confidence and was sometimes scared to hit certain notes live...to me that screams that he knew it didn't feel right. Odds are it might even be hurting him and like oh my goodness that isn't fucking right!

Male vocal ranges aren't bad, legit I can't hit some of the notes they try to hit and thinking of trying to hit them with a deeper voice pains me. Like Taehyung? Oh my goodness his low range is so damn good but then they try giving him songs as well where he is trying to do falsetto or high notes and it's like FUCKING STOP!
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah and like the problem is it makes it so haters can just be like "HEY BTS CAN'T SING LISTEN TO THIS!"

No, they just are given songs entirely out of their range and it's to a cruel extent. Like I remember reading Army's talking about how Jimin lacked a bit of self-confidence and was sometimes scared to hit certain notes live...to me that screams that he knew it didn't feel right. Odds are it might even be hurting him and like oh my goodness that isn't fucking right!

Male vocal ranges aren't bad, legit I can't hit some of the notes they try to hit and thinking of trying to hit them with a deeper voice pains me. Like Taehyung? Oh my goodness his low range is so damn good but then they try giving him songs as well where he is trying to do falsetto or high notes and it's like FUCKING STOP!
There there, Chips. Let it all out :maheart:
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I'm not one that gets upset about line distribution unless one member gets less than a few seconds of lines.
There's nothing wrong with main vocals carrying the song but don't go to the extent to where you question why some members were even added to the group in the first place
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm not one that gets upset about line distribution unless one member gets less than a few seconds of lines.
There's nothing wrong with main vocals carrying the song but don't go to the extent to where you question why some members were even added to the group in the first place
Qri :zoomeyes:
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread