When did you became a kpop fan? Do you still like your first group? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
A long time ago, so long I'm not sure what age I was. Probably a tween. I listened to J-Pop and J-Rock and watched anime growing up. One day I was trying to find more music by BoA, which is when I discovered she was actually Korean (lol) and the rest is history. (Then I found out Tohoshinki was Korean too xD.) And then I got into SNSD and SuJu and some others. Then I stopped listening to K-Pop for a few years and then Twice grabbed me back last year. And then it was quickly down the rabbit hole from there. I'm constantly playing catch-up, lol.
 
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
Ten years, give or take... can't remember the exact year. I just remember listening to BoA, Super Junior, FT Island, SNSD and SHINee a lot, so pretty much what was popular that time. I still adore each and every one of them them with all of my heart~
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I first discovered K-pop around 2012 but I didn't really become a fan of the genre until a little over a year ago, so probably halfway through 2017. Bigbang was the first group I really listened to but the first group I actually stanned was Exo. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of Bigbang but I still like them and continue to listen to some of their music.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Soleski and yeji

Koala

✯☾🌸Koala Of Spring’s Moon🌸☽✯
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
1,166
Reactions Received
7,659
Location
Lunar,CaratLand
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I became one in 2008,but didn’t get into harder till 2011. My first group was EXO. I still love them,but now my UB is Seventeen. EXO is second,and got7 is third
 
  • Like
Reactions: Soleski and yeji

Sory

I see that I'm Icy
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
6,873
Reactions Received
17,910
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
My first kpop group was Wonder Girls in 2008. And yes, I still like them. I follow the solo career of Sunmi, Yubin and Ye-eun
 
  • Like
Reactions: Soleski and yeji

ZYC

Joined
25 November 2018
Messages
18
Reactions Received
55
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Late 2014 bcuz of Bigbang. I was in immature phase in the 2015 maybe bcuz I'm fangirling to an artist for the first time. Me in 2015 was like those fans that think they can date their bias. My first bias is GD. I wish I can erase what I wrote in my school textbook back then, It was "We're enemy if you love GD" 😑. It's been 4 year, I'll will forever like them 💘
 
  • Like
Reactions: Soleski
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
Late 2014 bcuz of Bigbang. I was in immature phase in the 2015 maybe bcuz I'm fangirling to an artist for the first time. Me in 2015 was like those fans that think they can date their bias. My first bias is GD. I wish I can erase what I wrote in my school textbook back then, It was "We're enemy if you love GD" 😑. It's been 4 year, I'll will forever like them 💘
omg thats cute. If you still want to marry him we have a marriage thread for some fun :pandalove: i just married Suga
 
  • Like
Reactions: ZYC
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,041
Reactions Received
4,458
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I started listening last year around this time, though it was a few more months before I started really exploring kpop on my own. I was watching a lot of Twitch, including some Korean streamers, and I heard a lot of Peekaboo, Likey, DDD and Palette. Eventually I went down the rabbit hole on Youtube and here I am today.

The first groups I loved were EXID and Red Velvet, and I still love and follow them now, even if a few groups I encountered later on ended up a little higher on my list.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sory and Soleski

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
2012 and EXO was the first K-Pop group I fell for and they’re still my UB group to this day.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Soleski

Hoemantic

Armageddon
.
Joined
14 June 2021
Messages
4,563
Reactions Received
6,241
Location
Supernova
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,475
Pronouns
he/they
Not really. Ever since that huge scandal, I stopped listening to most of their music.
 
D

Deleted member 74

it's a long story, I'd known it since around 2014 but got into it during 2016
I still love snsd, the first group that got me into it :saranghae:
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
I never have considered myself a *kpop* fan per se simply because I only stanned one single group. I began checking kpop out on 2017, I stanned Dreamcatcher on 2018 with the What release, and I unstanned them when they released Scream. So I no longer stan my first and only kpop group.
 

Kamistar

I'm gonna be a star
.
Joined
23 June 2021
Messages
7,244
Reactions Received
18,851
Location
Jessicaland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22
Fandom
Exo-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
11/12 years ago, I still love SHINee :pepeheart: and snsd too
 

noctis

redred
.
Joined
29 May 2022
Messages
25,775
Reactions Received
14,337
Location
✩₊🐛🍥₊🍡꩜
Website
dollhausx.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
75,205
Fandom
coer
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
July 26th or 27th ?
I first heard stay gold by bts
Ig I like them?? but I do not stan them anymore
 
Joined
6 December 2021
Messages
31,373
Reactions Received
36,646
Location
Raven Guardian
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
161,088
Fandom
Blink/Monstiez
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Reflet
Wreck
My first group was SKZ in late 2017 so before Debut, since I had people who were obsessed with them. Then I watched hellavator & was trying to get to know them well while also getting introduced to TWICE , my 2nd & 1ST GG GROUP, still into both but more Stray Kids
 

owo

the moon guy
.
Top Poster Of Month
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
53,958
Reactions Received
17,136
Location
neptune
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,113
Fandom
moons
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
he/him
Wreck
2011 and b1a4 and yes i love b1a4
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread