When did you start listening to kpop? (3 Viewers)

Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
246
Reactions Received
866
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
i first heard it in 2015/2016 ish is when i found my first few kpop songs but i didn't really know what it was and didn't expect for it to literally consume me starting in 2017 to now
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I started my journey in 2010 with SHINee. It happened so randomly since I just clicked on an intresting video that lead me to Ring Ding Dong

Fun Fact: I listened to BoA‘s english album before I knew what kpop was. I just liked the songs and never knew anything about the artist lol.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Early 2016, just before Save Me by BTS was released.. My friend showed me BTS Dope and EXO's Overdose and I remember thinking the songs and dance moves were really cool. Now that I think of it, EXO were the first group I was shown but BTS was the first group I got into.
 
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Around like 2005-ish or 2006. BoA was my first Korean singer I got to know because she sang for Inuyasha. And after my friend show me Bi Rain and Se7en. The moment I saw TVXQ was when I got into K-pop.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
August 2014ish
I just started high school and my friend was really trying to get me into Boyfriend. I like it but wasn't like super amazed.
Accidentally stumbled onto Gee not too long after that and fell in love
 
Joined
8 November 2019
Messages
57
Reactions Received
231
Location
Gravity❄️
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Around like 2005-ish or 2006. BoA was my first Korean singer I got to know because she sang for Inuyasha. And after my friend show me Bi Rain and Se7en. The moment I saw TVXQ was when I got into K-pop.
Wow 2005 i'm surprised! You have seen many groups debut :sanapray:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
A couple of years ago. KARA was my first group. I watched the music video for "Step" and was just like, "Yep. I love itttt."
A Kamilia? Taste :sj_weary:
Very rarely see KARA fans around these days.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Anyway, it was sometime in 2013. I had seen Gangnam Style before that obviously and I was shook seeing the super pretty girl in the MV. I Googled stuff and found out she's called Hyuna but didn't really look for her music just yet.
Then, Fine Brothers Entertainment did their first Youtubers react to Kpop video and it showed Fantastic Baby, I Got a Boy and Lucifer. I remember Lucifer was my fav of the three but as I explored those 3 groups- BigBang and SNSD became my favs easily. A few months later, I discovered KARA and it was all over for me lol.

Funnily enough, I was more into boy groups back then, listened to girl groups outside SNSD/KARA only casually. Then after BigBang's MADE era ended and TOP enlisted, I also took a break from Kpop. Around late 2017, I ended up watching some random compilation video of most viewed Kpop MVs ever and saw so many BTS, Blackpink, Twice MVs so got curious and dipped my toe back in again.

With BigBang inactive, I was looking for a new fav boygroup to get into and considered BTS since it was everywhere. But once I saw Likey, Twice snatched me and I became a firm girl group loyalist lol. These days, my fav GG is Oh My Girl but for pulling me back into Kpop, Twice will always be special to me.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think Lucifer was my first SHINee song too, actually, hehe. And I was hooked. But yeah, I just got lost in KARA's discography :D
Same! Nicole was like my first female bias lol.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
The first kpop song I ever heard was in 2013 I believe. But I didn’t start really listening to much more until fall of 2017.
 
D

Deleted member 74

Around the end of 2016, but I was a pretty casual listener just getting into it
I would say 2017 was the year I really started getting into it more
 
  • Like
Reactions: Taeyellow and yeji
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Summer of 2010. I was binge-watching Digimon on youtube and accidentally clicked on the mv for SHINee’a Lucifer. Then I went down the kpop rabbit hole (but eventually went back to Digimon)
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Taeyellow
Joined
7 November 2019
Messages
898
Reactions Received
2,608
Location
Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It was March 18, 2018. I was googling anime and asian thing(i alway love asian thing). I when on a website for music to hear some Beethoven. i saw seven cute korean boy i was like 'i'm a tomboy why am i'm looking at boyband. ok no one around so ok' i heard one song and like meh then i found this

it was music to my ear's but i soon fogot about it.
March 20, 2019 i was at my granny house i found about blackpink and i start to hear it. Soon i found twice bts nct momoland and more and that how my life change for the good.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Taeyellow and yeji
Joined
9 October 2019
Messages
437
Reactions Received
1,568
Location
Italy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
In 2016 I listened to Like Ohh-Ahh by Twice for the first time, but I started to listen K-pop in a consistent daily basis since last summer. So thankful! :sanapray:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Taeyellow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread