COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

When is Starship gonna re-debut the IZ*ONE girls? (1 Viewer)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
When do y'all think Starship are gonna re-debut Yujin and Wonyoung?

They've had plenty of time to recruit and train the other members and keeping them inactive for too long could hurt their individual fanbases. If Starship were smart, they'd debut them within the year with a small to medium sized group (4-7 members).

@Wiz*one @Girl Group​

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
When do y'all think Starship are gonna re-debut Yujin and Wonyoung?

They've had plenty of time to recruit and train the other members and keeping them inactive for too long could hurt their individual fanbases. If Starship were smart, they'd debut them within the year with a small to medium sized group (4-7 members).

@Wiz*one @Girl Group​
i just do not know ...

if the project is going to work then not soon.
But if starship has no intention of going with the project they are burning time.

The AKS girls are active in concerts already.

Sakura is graduating.
lol maybe she is coming to starship ...

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
i just do not know ...

if the project is going to work then not soon.
But if starship has no intention of going with the project they are burning time.

The AKS girls are active in concerts already.

Sakura is graduating.
lol maybe she is coming to starship ...
Didn't Sakura already sign with HYBE?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Wonyoung just went active with an Instagram account and that is more troubling than reassuring.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I heard that was more down to the Gfriend members deciding to disband rather than anything HYBE did...
They went out of thie way to mention source folks but crickets on big hit.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wonyoung just went active with an Instagram account and that is more troubling than reassuring.
Starship had social media accounts for their trainees called STARSHIPZ, it seemingly hasn't been updated since Cravity's debut but apparenly they do have a third female trainee that they revealed in 2019, called Park Sun, was a contestant on Idol School so maybe she'll debut with the IZ*ONE girls???

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I heard that was more down to the Gfriend members deciding to disband rather than anything HYBE did...
I wish if that were the case the members would face the music, and say hey we are done. Sorry it was fun, but i am off to play in bora bora .....

in stead of the half assed crap we tend to get.

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
But they debuted Cravity pretty quickly after X1's disbandment...
They already had a bunch of boys training, and the controversy forced their hand as X1 never finished out their contract. As far as I know, there have been no indications that Starship has immediate plans to debut a new girl group. With Cravity, the Starshipz account covered them predebut as trainees, yet there has been nothing similar for any new girl group, and we'd likely have heard something by now. Add in Kim Shidae's involvement in the Produce bribery scandal, Covid eliminating any revenue from touring/the publicity therein, and the fact that all Starship artists are now blacklisted by Mnet, it puts them in no position to debut a new group right this moment.

Honestly, I have a sneaking suspicion that Starship may soon announce that WJSN's Chinese members will be permanently leaving, and seeing as they have added members to WJSN in the past, the IZ*ONE girls may end up there. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see them depart as well, since Starship has been a hot mess the last few years.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
They already had a bunch of boys training, and the controversy forced their hand as X1 never finished out their contract. As far as I know, there have been no indications that Starship has immediate plans to debut a new girl group. With Cravity, the Starshipz account covered them predebut as trainees, yet there has been nothing similar for any new girl group, and we'd likely have heard something by now. Add in Kim Shidae's involvement in the Produce bribery scandal, Covid eliminating any revenue from touring/the publicity therein, and the fact that all Starship artists are now blacklisted by Mnet, it puts them in no position to debut a new group right this moment.

Honestly, I have a sneaking suspicion that Starship may soon announce that WJSN's Chinese members will be permanently leaving, and seeing as they have added members to WJSN in the past, the IZ*ONE girls may end up there. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see them depart as well, since Starship has been a hot mess the last few years.
I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that a big company like Starship doesn't have two or three female trainees ready to go especially since they knew when the IZ*ONE contracts were ending. You'd have to be completely stupid not to have prepped for that in advance. Plus when you already have two super popular girls, does losing Mnet really make a difference?

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Weneebebe
Pronouns
Any
I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that a big company like Starship doesn't have two or three female trainees ready to go especially since they knew when the IZ*ONE contracts were ending. You'd have to be completely stupid not to have prepped for that in advance. Plus when you already have two super popular girls, does losing Mnet really make a difference?
It's Starship, they mismanage EVERYTHING to an insane degree, please don't put any faith in them. They have female trainees, but no one is sure how many are still with the company. The rigging scandal really hurt their reputation as the CEO himself was the one involved (along with the VP), not some lower level employees like the other companies. IZ*ONE's popularity is a double-edged sword, the girls have leverage to renegotiate or even escape their contracts considering everything that went on. Just because they were popular in IZ*ONE doesn't mean their popularity will translate to a new group they debut in, especially since WIZ*ONE are pushing so hard to keep the group together. As for MNet, they have a pretty good hold on the entertainment industry and it WILL impact any group they're in, since there's no guarantee that fans will stick around. There has also been a lot of internal restructuring going on at Starship, with artists being moved to other sub-labels, so things are chaotic there.

What's clear is whatever plan they might've had, they're running out of time to implement before these girls get tired of waiting around.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Hopefully soon, I’m thinking before the end of 2021- WJSN are already 6 years old and promoting their subunits and stuff, they’ve got to want a younger gg on their hands as well.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I just want the girls to be happy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread