COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Sensitive Which idols ruined or almost ruined their career due to illegal drug issues? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Came across on how BtoB's Ilhoon has to leave the group due to illegal usage of marijuana. Are there any idols out there that have come across similar issues? Are the reactions and consequences the same as Ilhoon's?

Reactions Received
Hugging the brightest star next to the moon
KS Coins
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wonho, most definitely. Also T.O.P. Also Seungri (for diff reasons I think but yeah)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
B.I from Ikon I only ever hear about him in passing now it feels like he dropped off the face of the earth

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wonho, most definitely. Also T.O.P. Also Seungri (for diff reasons I think but yeah)
tbh I don't think Wonho's career was ruined that badly compared to others. Like right after his scandal when he released his solo he was on Mnet and such and I don't see the same happening for T.O.P and others. Park Bom is back on these channels now but its been years not just months.

I think his controversy was mostly about him not paying back money he owed and the drug stuff went under the radar comparatively though so that may be why

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
tbh I don't think Wonho's career was ruined that badly compared to others. Like right after his scandal when he released his solo he was on Mnet and such and I don't see the same happening for T.O.P and others. Park Bom is back on these channels now but its been years not just months.

I think his controversy was mostly about him not paying back money he owed and the drug stuff went under the radar comparatively though so that may be why
But you agree with Seungri's?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I cant even get mad when knetz call yg a crackhouse because it seems like a lot of drug scandals come out of there. even that one girl who gave TOP drugs who like gets into scandals every time, was a yg trainee.
:welp:

i just don't like it when the pinks are associated with it.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I cant even get mad when knetz call yg a crackhouse because it seems like a lot of drug scandals come out of there. even that one girl who gave TOP drugs who like gets into scandals every time, was a yg trainee.
:welp:

Flashback to Kush getting coke mailed to him :kijoongstare:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
But you agree with Seungri's?
oh that man straight up ruined his life and deserves it lol
I remember when they were at Coachella and people were joking hat they looked high and I was just like :kijoongstare: don't do this someone will think its true cause they are from YG lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
You know no joke, when I first got into BB I thought he was kinda pervy? I mean he seemed weird and like a damn pervert or predator. But I tried to ignore it and get to like him b/c BB was important to me. But when that happened I was like "OML I was right".

Reactions Received
Website
wholefull.tumblr.com
KS Coins
i sincerely hope this doesn't happen to boa. it's only recently that i've discovered how much an impact she's had on kpop

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
Honestly, with T.O.P. there are issues with other... well... issues. Such as poor choice in women. I am not alone here when I say that Han Seo Hee is low rent trash box.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
*flashbacks to Park Bom*
:yolk:
But it was different for Park Bom's case. The "drugs" she was accused of taking is actually her prescription for ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), it was just unfortunate for her because the medication is considered as "illegal" in Korea. She's still active in the business. I'm glad that she is preparing for her comeback soon. Really looking forward for it.
download-4.png

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
But it was different for Park Bom's case. The "drugs" she was accused of taking is actually her prescription for ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), it was just unfortunate for her because the medication is considered as "illegal" in Korea. She's still active in the business. I'm glad that she is preparing for her comeback soon. Really looking forward for it.
download-4.png
I'm aware it was her ADD drugs-hence the crying emoji. The crying emoji means I think it was stupid for her to get so much backlash but she technically smuggled them in illegally which is where the backlash stemmed from-therefore her career and name was basically tarnished as a result of drugs it doesn't matter if they were for a disorder.

I'm sure many other idols suffer from anxiety and other issues where they turn to weed as a way to help or damp down some of the symptoms. It's the same concept. I don't' agree with her getting shit for it but sadly Korea did.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I'm aware it was her ADD drugs-hence the crying emoji. The crying emoji means I think it was stupid for her to get so much backlash but she technically smuggled them in illegally which is where the backlash stemmed from-therefore her career and name was basically tarnished as a result of drugs it doesn't matter if they were for a disorder.

I'm sure many other idols suffer from anxiety and other issues where they turn to weed as a way to help or damp down some of the symptoms. It's the same concept. I don't' agree with her getting shit for it but sadly Korea did.
I am just amazed that BoA fell into the same type of trap.

its just silly .
I checked all my meds for each country before i travel it crazy that no one is looking out for that.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I am just amazed that BoA fell into the same type of trap.

its just silly .
I checked all my meds for each country before i travel it crazy that no one is looking out for that.
I didn't even realize it was a thing until these scandals happened

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread