Which is the most important part of a kpop group debut? (1 Viewer)

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Is it more important to you for the idols to seem very talented or for the song to be very good?

Because there is a possibility of:

a song being good but the execution of choreo or singing/rapping is not anything amazing
OR
the possibility of the idols looking and sounding very talented/charismatic but the song not being to your taste
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Good question. I think I'd prefer for a debut song to show the talent. There are MULTIPLE groups I like now whose debut caught my attention because I think it showed ability but I didn't necessarily LIKE the song. Then over time, the song grew on me.

I think FavOrite and Hi High by LOONA are good examples of this-I wasn't a fan of either song at the release but I could see potential in the group as a whole as a result of the songs. Now I actually enjoy and like both songs and think the group has grown as a whole. Though I still think I have a rocky relationship with the group as a whole.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Good question. I think I'd prefer for a debut song to show the talent. There are MULTIPLE groups I like now whose debut caught my attention because I think it showed ability but I didn't necessarily LIKE the song. Then over time, the song grew on me.

I think FavOrite and Hi High by LOONA are good examples of this-I wasn't a fan of either song at the release but I could see potential in the group as a whole as a result of the songs. Now I actually enjoy and like both songs and think the group has grown as a whole. Though I still think I have a rocky relationship with the group as a whole.
I think this is applicable to me too, for example for me I haven't always loved all of Mamamoo's songs but I think they're extremely talented and so I waited for a couple years until they started putting out music that really appealed to me. To me if the group is super talented, I will still be interested in them even if the songs aren't my style at first
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I think this is applicable to me too, for example for me I haven't always loved all of Mamamoo's songs but I think they're extremely talented and so I waited for a couple years until they started putting out music that really appealed to me. To me if the group is super talented, I will still be interested in them even if the songs aren't my style at first
The other thing is the b-sides. I think most groups will at least drop ONE song you'll like at some point. I think Woo!Ah! is really grabbing my attention as of late tbh.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,803
Reactions Received
93,589
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
191,343
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think this is applicable to me too, for example for me I haven't always loved all of Mamamoo's songs but I think they're extremely talented and so I waited for a couple years until they started putting out music that really appealed to me. To me if the group is super talented, I will still be interested in them even if the songs aren't my style at first
see i am just the opposite kpop is a ton of work to even follow a group. If the debut or first comeback is not enough to make me care a bit then i will move on.

MMM for example i really liked but the music drifted away for what i thought made em special. so now i pay attention to solar and moon in varitey is about it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread