- Joined
- 22 November 2018
- Messages
- 7,026
- Reactions Received
- 27,656
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Fandom
- EXO-L & My
- Gender
- Female
- Ship
So, who's the top female selling artist? You are both saying two different things.
IU's latest album broke Taeyeon's first day record but I think Taeyeon still has the best selling album for female solos with My Voice (230k). IU's best selling album was Last Fantasy with 125k although I think her latest album has already surpassed that. Taeyeon's Purpose album looks like it might surpass My Voice's sales too though so I don't think we can really make a final judgement until we see their final numbers. I got these values from Wiki though so I'm not sure how reliable they are.I am pretty sure it’s IU
And I looked for their overall sales and it looks like at the moment they're pretty similar (Taeyeon around 700k and IU around 780k with IU's discography being more than double Taeyeon's) but I'm not sure if those numbers include their latest releases. Taeyeon has been the best selling female idol (physical) for like 4 years in a row even with IU as her competition for 3 out of those 4 so there's that as well.
So I think my original comment still stands. IU is the most popular Korean singer and her public recognition is unrivaled but Taeyeon is the most popular solo from a female group recognition wise + one of the strongest fandoms.